Talbot Hotel, Wexford
Reviews - Talbot Hotel
Read 385 additional reviews of Talbot Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Wexford
Historical Traveller Reviews of Talbot Hotel
Ask for a room with a viewfrom FionaCC
We asked to change room or to be upgraded but they were fully booked. I would strongly recommend you ring ahead if you are arriving late, to ensure a room overlooking the harbour... the room was lovely & clean and the food & room service very good...
Strongly recommendedfrom Kaitak
The staff told us that we had been upgraded to the "executive suite" on arrival but aside from the extra bed in the room I couldnt really see what differentiated our room from others.
The only downside was that a window would not quite fully close in the room, making the noise coming up from the street somewhat intrusive at night. It wasnt a problem midweek but might have been more of a problem on weekend nights given the bar below.
Great valuefrom shepsle96
The hotel is officially classified as a 4 star and in almost all regards deserves the rating. Although built around 1902 the hotel is very (but not too) modern, completely clean and has a very relaxing athmosphere. The hotel bar and dining room serve great fresh food.
Our suite had a view of the river and Irish sea, make sure to ask for a room with a view if possible. The bathroom was huge by any standard and the suite had a bedroom and smaller room with chairs, leather couches and a small dining table. Both the bedroom and other room had a flat screen TV with around 10 channels.
The only slight downside is that the hotel is weak on in-room amenities: just one smallish bath-towel per person, no bathroom robes or minibar. If the management could see to these small details them this would be a great 4 star hotel.
I would really recommend this hotel to anyone touring the southeast or any Irish people looking for a weekend or midweek break. Wexford is a much nicer town than I expected, great buzz. Rosslare strand is 20 min away by train for anyone who wants a great beach.
great!from A TripAdvisor Member
Total value for money!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
What a wonderful placefrom A TripAdvisor Member
definitely paying a return visit to the Talbot Hotel Wexfordfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Fantastic hotel in a central locationfrom sunny321
Top Local Tips for Wexford
Great place to eat We had a fabulous meal at The Vine, Thai restaurant on the main street in Wexford.From downstairs ,it looks very shabby but the restaurant is upstairs and the food is great. Portions are very big so share starters.It had a great buzz too and was full by 8pm on a Thursday night.We ate at 6.30 when it opened so didn't need a booking but it may be needed if you were dining later.Staff were friendly and very good at advising on best choices from the menu. Prices are very reasonable too.Overall, a real treat.
Other names for Talbot Hotel
- wexford talbot hotel
- talbot hotel wexford
- Address: Trinity Street Wexford - Wexford - Ireland
Hotels Near Talbot Hotel
- Maldron Hotel Wexford, Ireland Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- Riverbank House Hotel Wexford, Ireland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford, Ireland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Danby Lodge Hotel Rosslare Harbour, Ireland Distance: 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
- Whitford House Hotel Health & Leisure Wexford, Ireland Distance: 8.9 km / 5.6 mi
- Stanville Lodge Hotel Wexford, Ireland Distance: 9.5 km / 5.9 mi
- St Helens Rosslare Hotel Rosslare Harbour, Ireland Distance: 12.6 km / 7.8 mi
- Treacys Hotel Enniscorthy, Ireland Distance: 20 km / 12.4 mi
- Cedar Lodge Hotel Newbawn, Ireland Distance: 21.8 km / 13.6 mi
- Brandon House Hotel Health Club And New Ross, Ireland Distance: 33.7 km / 21 mi
- Carlton Millrace Hotel Wexford, Ireland Distance: 38.1 km / 23.6 mi
- Faithlegg House Hotel Waterford, Ireland Distance: 39.6 km / 24.6 mi
- Marlfield House Hotel Gorey, Ireland Distance: 39.5 km / 24.5 mi
- Ashdown Park Hotel Gorey, Ireland Distance: 39.7 km / 24.7 mi
- Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Club Waterford, Ireland Distance: 42.5 km / 26.4 mi