Radisson Sas Hotel, Letterkenny
Reviews - Radisson Sas Hotel
Read 234 additional reviews of Radisson Sas Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Letterkenny
Historical Traveller Reviews of Radisson Sas Hotel
Its a real pity, For a lovely hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The top part of my trip was letterkenny, Great nighlife and has the most wonderful restaurant I have ever been in. Check this place out everyone please. Its called the Lemon Tree Restaurant, The Food, Atmosphere, Service.***** 5 Stars in my book, the waiter was very experienced and could explain everything on the menu. He was so friendly and even help me pick out a wine from the list that I would enjoy.
The whole place was fantastic, cant wait to dine there again. But I will not be staying the This hotel.
A Hotel with big problemsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good hotel all roundfrom PaulMulvenna
There are some negative points that I would agree with:
- The "King bed" is 2 single beds. I asked about all the reviews here at reception and said I wanted a king bed as advertised on the Radisson website. I was told that they only have singles pushed together so that rooms can easily be reconfigured into twin rooms, so we had to settle for this. Much worse in my opinion though was that there were 2 single quilts rather than a double.
- If you're looking for a nice view out your window, certainly this isn't the place to stay. If you're using it as a base to travel about and look at nice views elsewhere as we were, it's perfect!
- The hotel does advertise "hen and stag" packages so be prepared for this type of crowd to be in the hotel. We dined in the bar next to a fairly loud hen party consisting of 25 people or so, but without prompting, we received free drinks "to compensate for the inconvenience". One negative point was that the "pavlova" dessert was disappointing - it was some fruit with a meringue nest on top - not a pavlova!
Also someone had completely removed the "Do not disturb" sign from our door in the morning - it was nowhere to be seen. We didn't get wakened or kept awake although we only arrived back at the hotel around 3am.
Breakfast was a standard buffet style affair. It was adequate and went on until 11am at the weekend which was welcome!
Staff were friendly and helpful.
We walked round "the long way" on the way back at night rather than through the back gate as we expected it may be locked. This added a couple of minutes if even that - we really didn't find it an inconvenience.
The hotel is located about 5 minutes walk to the middle of the main street, but is in an area filled with car garages (kind of like having a hotel on Belfast's Boucher Road if you know it, but with the main shopping/nightlife only a few minutes away).
We would stay probably stay again if in the area again as it is a better hotel than others I've stayed in in Letterkenny for the same price (€139)
Strange atmosphere!!from A TripAdvisor Member
We asked for a double bed and got two singles pushed together but on the whole the room was clean and well maintained. We did however hear a function going on downstairs to the early hours.
How can this be a Donegal Hotel???from summers_slayer
On check-in it was 10pm and I was a bit scruffy after driving several hundred miles, so the check-in clerk completely ignored me when I told her my name, made me sign a check-in card with the wrong name on it and then gave me a basic standard room key when I’d booked a Business Room. The only thing that was satisfying was seeing the embarrassment on her face when I explained she did not listen to my name and judged me on appearance.
The room were clean, bright and airy. The bathroom was spotless and the power shower fantastic. And here come the buts…..The double bed however was 2 singles pushed together and the air conditioning centrally controlled so you cannot adjust it yourself.
Also depending on where in the hotel your room is, you will hear functions going on in the ballroom. I had to listen to a wedding reception until 1.30am and then all the drunks pouring out of the hotel until about 2.30am!
The bar was pretty trendy, cold and not very comfortable, not the traditional style you’d expect in Letterkenny and the food was mediocre and pretty tasteless to say the least. The breakfast wasn’t great either and beware of the waitresses lifting your plate away when you’re still chewing to get you to leave! Nice!
The location of the hotel is bizarre. It looks like it’s in the middle on an industrial estate, but if you walk out the back of the car park and up the hill, you’re in the town centre. Only problem was, the hotel forgot to mention the gate is closed at a certain time, so I’d to throw myself over it to get back in otherwise I’d have had to walk about a mile and a half round the ring road.
I was planning on going for a swim one day, but I when I saw the swimming pool was about the size of a large paddling pool I decided against it.
This is a functional hotel of you’re on a business trip or just need a room to crash in. Pretty expensive with no character and badly trained staff I was far from impressed at over £230 for 2 nights!
Great Time At The Radissonfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel was really comfortable and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Our children had a great time in the Leisure Centre where the pool was beautiful. We ate in the Bar and Restarant and the food was excellent. We think this hotel is provides really good value for money and we will definitely be returing when we come back to Donegal next year.
Its location is also perfect, we could walk to the Main Street in 5 minutes and there is a great range of shops across the road. The cinema is only 2 minutes away!
Overall a great place for families to come to.
Comfortable and Convenientfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Desperate for customersfrom A TripAdvisor Member
If Your thinking of going... Dont!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Letterkenny
Yellow Pepper This restaurant is delicious and has a great atmosphere. Good value and a full bar
Give it time Up and coming - a town in transformation - will be interesting to see it in 10 years time. Still a bit tacky on the main street - but shows signs of promise. Check out the more out of town stores.
good place to visit in general not a place to spend a lot of time, not enough typical Irish everything, out of place...
Other names for Radisson Sas Hotel
- radisson sas letterkenny
- radisson sas hotel letterkenny
- radisson letterkenny
- radisson hotel letterkenny
- radisson blu hotel letterkenny
- letterkenny radisson
- letterkenny hotels
- Address: The Loop Road Letterkenny Co Donegal - Letterkenny - Ireland
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Radisson Sas Hotel
- Gallaghers Hotel Letterkenny, Ireland Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Mount Errigal Hotel Leisure And Letterkenny, Ireland Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Silver Tassie Hotel Letterkenny, Ireland Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi
- Castle Grove Country House Hotel Letterkenny, Ireland Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Kees Hotel Ballybofey, Ireland Distance: 16.7 km / 10.4 mi
- Knock International Hotel Knock, Ireland Distance: 16.6 km / 10.3 mi
- Villa Rose Hotel Ballybofey, Ireland Distance: 17.1 km / 10.6 mi
- Rathmullan House Hotel Rathmullan, Ireland Distance: 21 km / 13.1 mi
- Clanree Hotel Letterkenny, Ireland Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Inishowen Gateway Hotel Buncrana, Ireland Distance: 26.4 km / 16.4 mi
- Lake Of Shadows Hotel Buncrana, Ireland Distance: 27 km / 16.8 mi
- Everglades Hotel Londonderry, Northern Ireland Distance: 25.9 km / 16.1 mi
- Quality Hotel Da Vinci's Londonderry, Northern Ireland Distance: 28 km / 17.4 mi
- Drummond Hotel Ballykelly, Northern Ireland Distance: 29.1 km / 18.1 mi
- Arnolds Hotel Dunfanaghy, Ireland Distance: 29.9 km / 18.6 mi