Falls Hotel, Ennistymon
Reviews - Falls Hotel
Read 240 additional reviews of Falls Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Ennistymon
Historical Traveller Reviews of Falls Hotel
Falls Hotelfrom ANPSullivan
Very Disappointingfrom Frances03
Although in a lovely setting the hotel itself is dated and in need of a make-over. Our room was far below the standard we expected, old wall-paper that was peeling off the walls, a TV so small it wasn't even worth turning on and the bathroom was just average. A bed had been removed from the room so some nice carpet stains greeted us upon arrival.
We spent the day in the leisure centre, which really is superb. A fab pool with jacuzzi, sauna, steamroom etc and the hot tub was brill. There were treatments available but these had to be booked several weeks beforehand.
When we returned to our room, we found a rather vile smell which on closer inspection turned out to be like vomit coming from behind our bed. We rang reception who sent house-cleaning - arrived with towels. What the towels would do is beyond me. I had to explain the problem to this girl and in the end we agreed a new room was the best option. After waiting 20mins, i had to ring reception again who told us to call down. The receptionist advised that there was only 1 room left and it was over the bar. Without even opening the door is this room, we could hear the noise from the bar, no-one could possibly sleep in this room. So off we went to reception again!! At this stage we hadn't received any apology and when i said this to the receptionist; she barked "Apology for what?" In the end, as a result of zero customer care/service and dissatisfaction we felt we had no choice to check out.
All in all, i would not recommend this hotel! Even though the leisure facilities are fab, the rest of the hotel and staff leave a lot to be desired. Don't go wasting your money here!!
no go if they have a wedding party staying.from wonderer-7
we stayed for 2 nights and the room was cold and damp we asked for another room to be told they didnt have a spare room o.k there was a wedding party in the hotel we booked 2 weeks before we went and if we were told there was a wedding we would not have stayed at this hotel. we got no sleep the whole 2 nights we were there the music was so loud my self and my wife sat up in bed humming along to abba we had 3 small children with us and complained to find out there was only a night porter on duty well nothing happened !we might as well joined in the wedding party the breakfast was very poor crockery and glasses were dirty they were running out of juice and well we had to wait about 30 minutes for tea and coffee/toast. the wedding party managed to drag them selves down still drunk and shouting and swearing .
we complained again to be told nothing they could do to help we found people/drunks outside our room door and down all the corridors asleep my advise to anyone staying here is to find out have they got a wedding on if they have its not worth the hassle.
Unique Experiencefrom foamine
Be prepared for awful customer carefrom Sophie333
Mixed Feelings about the Falls Hotelfrom Ragirl
- The spa/leisure facilities are fantastic. There is a brand new extension in the basement with treatment rooms, sauna, steam room, beautiful 20m indoor pool and the best bit, an outdoor jacuzzi overlooking the falls and river next to the hotel. I could not fault the spa, it was excellent and the staff down there were obviously well trained.
- Grounds are beautiful with an excellent view of the falls.
- Bedroom was clean and spacious.
- The wedding reception which we attended during one night at the hotel had been beautifully decorated with candles and ribbons lining the entrance to the function room.
- The staff were on occassion very rude. Plates were snatched away before you had finished eating your last mouthful. Another example was when we encountered an older lady who works behind the bar in the Dylan Thomas room who was extremely rude to my husband when he asked about ordering bar food. He was told that the chef had not yet arrived and so we could not have any food, she then snatched away the menus from him and walked off.
- The cascades restaurant offers little variety in the food. Each night there is a three course meal served costing 35 Euros per person. For this you get a meat/veg/potato main course, every night the same dishes appeared on the menu, just perhaps with a small variation in the sauce supplied with the meat. After three nights, I never wanted to see another mashed potato ever again! I understand that there is also a bistro restaurant in the hotel. but we were not entitled to use this as part of our dinner, bed and breakfast package, so I couldn't comment if there was more variety available there.
- The decor of the rooms is dated, including in our case a television set that was obviously very old and in need of repair.
- Some of the staff have been not been trained for the jobs they are performing, e.g. a barman not knowing what an archers and lemonade was. I had to walk around the bar and show him the bottle myself in the end!
All in all, I wouldn't write off this hotel entirely. They are obviously making efforts to improve the place with the introduction of the spa and some redecorating which we saw been done in communal areas. At the end of the day, this place is only rated 3* by the Irish tourist board, so if you go expecting that, you will probably be satisifed with what you get for your money.
Zero Customer Carefrom KatieLevine
On arrival we were delighted with the hotel exterior, grounds and location until we went to Reception to check-in. The girl couldn't find our booking at first asking my boyfriend his name several times before finding it, she then gave us our key and directions to the room. There was no mention of the meal, no offer of the usual newspaper, alarm call or any info about the spa/leisure facilities. When I asked about the meal she was vague and uncertain as to which restaurant (there are 2 in the hotel) it would be in. We then went to our room which I have to say was hugely disappointing. Although clean and spacious, the decor was extremely old fashioned and the tired looking.
The main complaint I have though was the staff, there was absolutely no customer care whatsoever in the restaurant. The staff were unfriendly, didn't smile or make eye contact, took your finished plates away from over your shoulder, didn't light the candle on the table or offer bread (despite the plate of butter there). During the evening meal the waitress wouldn't take our drinks order saying that the wine waiter would, yet didn't send him over so we had to call him ourselves. I asked for a glass of house white wine which took half an hour to arrive only to be brought a small (one glassfull) bottle of wine & was shown the label (which was bizarre) for it then to be poured. The food was average, I'm sure people who were paying the €35 per head would have been disappointed for that price! The air conditioning was on too full and the food went cold very quickly. The staff all seemed as though they didn't want to be there and made no effort to do their jobs as most people would expect as minimum in any restaurant hotel or otherwise.
To summarise, nice hotel albeit a bit dated, beautiful location, grounds etc, average food but terrible untrained rude staff. Go to the Burren, North County Clare, I'd highly recommend the area but keep away from the Falls Hotel, you'd be better off in Fawlty Towers!
what a pittyfrom macbane
would i stay here again!? not a chance!
The Perfect Proposal - 27th June 06from nellyfleming
The following morning we made our way down to their new elemis spa which has only been opened recently, while a babysitter called Josephine was arranged.
My partner had pre-booked special treatments for two. We were greeted by Eamonn (Spa Manager)who took us to the Thermal Suite to relax for few moments. We were then brought into a room which had mango & lime steam room and sauna. Eamonn then opened a door which inside had a big copper bath, filled with elemis ingredients inc creams, oils & goats milk topped with rose petals, champagne chilling at the side, scented candles around the room and fresh flowers. Neadless to say thats where my partner popped the magical question. It was the most romantic place ever & will def return to their five star spa. As we made our way back to our room we were congratulated by Eamonn, & the deputy and general manager. I would also like to mention a special Thank you to Chiantan who took great care of us in the dining room that evening, food was delicious through our stay.
Thanks all & well done on a great job!!!
atmosphere???from A TripAdvisor Member
the atmosphere in the hotel was non-existant; confused decor and supermarket music piped throughout.
i would not recommend the falls as a holiday destination; perhaps we hit it on a bad night but nothing would encourage me to return.
by the way, the evening dinner was faultless apart from the price which was steep. the breakfast was ok but nothing to write home about!
Top Local Tips for Ennistymon
Proximity to the Cliffs We picked Ennistymon because of its proximity to the Cliffs of Moher. Lahinch was closer but during the Winter I think Ennistymon was a bit more lively. It seemed that most of Lahinch was closed down for the season. Great shops (bakery, Eugenes pub etc) in this nice little, somewhat rustic town
Hotel Pricing Hotel pricing in Ireland seems to vary a lot depending on how you make the reservation. On-line seems much better than direct calls to the hotel.
Scenic Is ideally situated, 5 minute drive from Lahinch beach, 20mins from the famous Cliffs of Moher, which now has a new heritage centre, for all tourists. Close to the great Lisdoonvarna, Ballyvaughan, and the Burren, also Aliwee Caves, Thanks to receptionist in hotel, who gave us all information on the above mentioned. All brochures in the hotel beside reception
Other names for Falls Hotel
- falls hotel ennistymon
- falls hotel
- Address: Ennistymon - Ennistymon - Ireland
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Falls Hotel
- Vaughan Lodge Hotel Lahinch, Ireland Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Atlantic Hotel Lahinch, Ireland Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Shamrock Inn Hotel Lahinch, Ireland Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Imperial Hotel Lisdoonvarna, Ireland Distance: 9.4 km / 5.8 mi
- Rathbaun Hotel Lisdoonvarna, Ireland Distance: 9.6 km / 5.9 mi
- Sheedys Country House Hotel Lisdoonvarna, Ireland Distance: 9.5 km / 5.9 mi
- Burkes Armada Hotel Spanish Point, Ireland Distance: 13.9 km / 8.6 mi
- Gregans Castle Hotel Ballyvaughan, Ireland Distance: 21.8 km / 13.6 mi
- Hylands Burren Hotel Ballyvaughan, Ireland Distance: 22.9 km / 14.2 mi
- Auburn Lodge Hotel Ennis, Ireland Distance: 23.4 km / 14.6 mi
- Woodstock Hotel & Golf Club Ennis, Ireland Distance: 23.4 km / 14.6 mi
- Temple Gate Hotel Ennis, Ireland Distance: 23.7 km / 14.7 mi
- Merriman Hotel Kinvara, Ireland Distance: 32.4 km / 20.1 mi
- Dromoland Castle Hotel Newmarket On Fergus, Ireland Distance: 34 km / 21.1 mi
- Lady Gregory Hotel Gort, Ireland Distance: 34.9 km / 21.7 mi