Radisson Sas Hotel, Athlone
Reviews - Radisson Sas Hotel
Read 298 additional reviews of Radisson Sas Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Athlone
Historical Traveller Reviews of Radisson Sas Hotel
OK for a overnight stayfrom KeithWS
Overall if you are on business or just passing through Athlone the Radisson is OK.
Disappointing trip to the Radissonfrom 2708
Dinner was not great, the service was ok but the food was bland, and again dirty cutlery and crockery. The noise on the corridor during the night should have been tackled by the night management.
On Sunday breakfast we now had 5 staff plus a manager, on departure the DM then said to me was everything ok this morning to your satisfaction and would you like compensation!!!
Some people should not work in the hospitality industry would not recommend this hotel at all, book into a B&B
Very Good hotel with nice stafffrom DStu
There is a fantastic decking area overlooking the Shannon River which is great for a snack and a drink.
The reception staff are friendly and very helpful
The only negative is that the bar food is not great and the bar staff are the slowest I have ever met.
a very good hotelfrom zuluq
Not Recommendablefrom Honesttom
I would not recommned this hotel to anyone or would never again stay there.
Radisson - Great Decor, Shame about the foodfrom TonyJames
First Class hotel for familiesfrom Aingeal
Five star four star!from Contio
1. The fabulous view over the river Shannon towards the castle and imposing classical Church on the west side of the town. Do pay the extra 10 euros for a room which looks over the water!
2. The fact that these rooms face west, which means a nice sunset in the evening, and nice dark mornings for sleeping!
3. Very comfortable room; crisp white cotton on the bed; wireless broadband free of charge; kettle, iron and ironing board, safe; excellent desk and desk lamp, which makes for a superb working environmnet.
4. Very quiet in the room; I had a great sleep, and woke refreshed.
5. Buffet breakfast had very good fruit; bacon, eggs etc were quite adequate, but these things are never at their best from a buffet, are they?
6. Otherwise I didn't eat in the hotel, since I generally avoid hotel food. But there are many good places to eat in Athlone. On this trip I had a fine dinner in Ireland's best Thai restaurant, Kin Khao.
7. Fitness centre is better than many I have seen in five star establishments. Great pool, sauna, and steam room too.
8. Staff were pleasant and unobtrusive, just as they should be.
Yes, this is a very pleasant, relaxing place to stay. A few months ago I spent two nights in the Wineport Lodge, just down the road, and, although it was good, I think I would rather the Radisson as an overall deal.
Beautiful Hotel with Excellent Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
We checked in on Friday evening late enough after travelling from Dublin and as anyone can imagine a 2.5-3 hour drive from dublin on a Friday evening can be very stressful, when we arrived we could see the reception staff were very busy as it was Friday evening and by the look of things the hotel was full for the weekend so we went to the bar before checking in, a gentleman behind the desk saw us walking away & came from behind the desk & asked if he could help, we told him we were going to go to the bar first & then check in so he offered to take our bags off us & asked us for our name.
We went into the bar & there was a lovely atmosphere in there a few people sitting around having drinks, dimmed lights and candles lit on the tables it looked very cosy so we ordered a drink at the bar and the bar man told us to take a seat & he would drop the drink down to our table which we were quite amazed with as that is not your normal service in hotel bars, we felt quite special from that moment and i think thats what started our Excellent weekend off for us, we got very relaxed & stayed for a few more drinks & then some music started, there was a man singing & playing an Organ, it was very nice and everyone seemed relaxed.
We decided to check in and when we returned to reception the same gentleman was there and he remembered our name which we were gobsmacked with, he got our bags for us & checked us in, we went to our room, we had booked a riverview room which only cost 10 euros additional, & the room was just fab, so clean & bright, we were very happy.
I could really go on forever about our lovely weekend in this hotel and i would recommend anyone coming to Athlone to stay in this hotel as it is new, clean & very personal, it really was the perfect hotel for a romantic weekend away, we were very sad to leave but we will definately be back & i have told all my friends of this lovely hotel, as i said earlier i was sad to
read the comments on this hotel & felt i should express my fellings & my experience at the Radisson Athlone.
Top Local Tips for Athlone
It's a long way from Dublin airport If you are driving from Dublin Airport, it's a two hour drive, on a combination of motorway, dual carrageway and normal roads.
Seans Bar Seans Bar is the first and last stop for pub life in Athlone. The pub has a great atmosphere and is the old style pub that used to exist in every town in Ireland years ago...
Dont Miss this... while in Athlone a must is the Olive Grove Restaurant about 4 minutes walk from the Hotel, spectacular views and grat food , their Seafood special for 2 people is must
Other names for Radisson Sas Hotel
- radisson hotel athlone
- radisson blu hotel athlone
- radisson athlone
- athlone radisson sas
- athlone radisson
- Address: Northgate Street - Athlone - Ireland
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Radisson Sas Hotel
- The Prince of Wales Hotel Athlone, Ireland Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Shamrock Lodge Country House Hotel Athlone, Ireland Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Glasson Golf Hotel And Country Club Athlone, Ireland Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Hodson Bay Hotel Athlone, Ireland Distance: 6.4 km / 4 mi
- Creggan Court Hotel Athlone, Ireland Distance: 6.9 km / 4.3 mi
- Waterfront Hotel Galway, Ireland Distance: 77.3 km / 48 mi
- Gullanes Hotel Ballinasloe, Ireland Distance: 20.7 km / 12.9 mi
- Lynch Haydens Gateway Hotel Ballinasloe, Ireland Distance: 20.9 km / 13 mi
- Abbey Hotel Conference And Leisure Roscommon, Ireland Distance: 28.2 km / 17.5 mi
- Marriott Johnstown House Hotel Enfield, Ireland Distance: 73.6 km / 45.7 mi
- Ballynahinch Castle Hotel Recess, Ireland Distance: 127.3 km / 79.1 mi
- Bridge House Hotel & Leisure Club Tullamore, Ireland Distance: 34.1 km / 21.2 mi
- Bloomfield House Hotel And Leisure Mullingar, Ireland Distance: 39.6 km / 24.6 mi
- Shannon Key West Hotel Rooskey, Ireland Distance: 46.7 km / 29 mi
- Minotel O'Deas Hotel Loughrea, Ireland Distance: 47.8 km / 29.7 mi