Moevenpick Hotel Berlin
Reviews - Moevenpick Hotel Berlin
Read 601 additional reviews of Moevenpick Hotel Berlin at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Berlin
Historical Traveller Reviews of Moevenpick Hotel Berlin
superb hotelfrom lacpac
Very good and rich breakfast, however, a bit pricey for EUR 17/person.
Only negative was the heating system ; it cannot be switched over 23 Celsius...
Nice Stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
Lovely Hotel - Exceptional staff, very reasonablefrom reppie
Quality hotel at reasonable prices - recommendedfrom billyt777
An awesome surprise!from rkngel7
Awesome! Stayed Dec. 21st to the 28th.from GRiM75
Before I start I read the last review and the guy complained that the train wasn't running properly to Anhalter Bahnhof, while we where there from the 21st of Dec to the 28th we didn't have a problem there are loads of trains going both directions, less than 5 minutes between trains.
Now on to the hotel,
1. Check in was quick and easy, the staff were very fluent in English. Extremely helpful from the start of our stay until the end, allowing me to use the computer at the front desk to check email for free. They were polite all the time, from 6am until 1am.
2. The room was outstanding, the bathroom was spotless, I almost walked into the shower door. The rest of the room was excellent and you got nice chocolates and or mints on the pillow. We got an extra bag of goodies on Christmas Day too. It had gingerbread, chocolate and some other treats in it. The bed was excellent, and it had two nice big duvets on it to keep us warm. The bed was so comfortable, and so was the room as a whole, it was funky and homely and made the stay just perfect.
3.The breakfest buffet is worth it, we booked straight through the hotel and got the same price as on expedia, but we got the breaky with the hotel booking.
IT WAS AWESOME! Omlette Bar (made to order I had ham, bacon, mushroom, tomato and cheese, mmmmmmm omlette), scrambled eggs, potato rosti, grilled tomato, bacon (perfect bacon, nice and crispy), sausages, hard boiled eggs and that is the hot stuff. On top of that you had a load of breads to select from, and spreads for them. A crazy cereal bar with loads of nuts, grains, dried fruit, yogurts, and so on. Then you also had a load of quality meats, cheeses and a fantastic fruit bar with watermelon, kiwis, and so on. IT WAS AWESOME!
4. The location, you cannot beat this location you have Anhalter Bahnhof station at your door with the old station ruins still there, a nice little bunker close by too. Potsdam Platz is 5-7 minute walk away, Checkpoint Charlie is around 10 minutes away, Topography of Terror is 5 minutes away and so on. We were able to travel everywhere from Anhalter Bahnhof with some transfers but saw East and West Berlin it was excellent. There was a load of restaurants near by, by Anhalter Bahnhof station across the street is an Italin place it is small and on the coner but the pizza and pastas are AMAZING! Nothing was that far away at the end of the day.
Overall if I was to go to Berlin again I would stay at this hotel without a doubt. To be honest in the future I will continue to choose Movenpick hotels over others.
Ditto all the raves - LOVED it.from KathleenKateW
We arrived before noon on Friday, but were able to get into our room immediately - AND were instantly upgraded. The room was very spacious and, as others have said "funky."
The front desk staff was not effusive, but was always helpful (and completely bilingual). We had both a buffet dinner and a breakfast buffet at the restaurant and enjoyed both.
We also enjoyed the location. Do realize that you'll most likely need to take a cab if you want to go to the former West Berlin - but most of the top sights are in the East and therefore quite nearby.
ONE THING TO ASK ABOUT - is whether the S-Bahn at Anhalter Bahnhof (which is right across the street from the hotel), is now running in both directions. When we were there, the subway stopped at Anhalter going NORTHBOUND ONLY. Thus, in order to get to the hotel via underground from central Berlin you had to take the S1 or S2 south and exit one stop beyond Anhalter (Yorckstrasse). You then took the train back north to Anhalter Banh.
An alternative would be to get off at Potsdamer Platz and walk about 6 minutes to the hotel - but it was VERY COLD when we were there. I think the southbound exit at Anhalter Banh. is due to reopen in January 2006, but I suggest you check with the front desk.
Also feel free to explore the restaurants right around the hotel. The neighborhood looks somewhat deserted, but we had a VERY good breakfast at the informal restaurant that was east of the hotel, across Stresemannstrasse.
Finally, DO NOT MISS the Jewish Museum - which is otherwise a bit off the beaten track, but is less than a 10 minute walk from the Movenpick.
Fabulous funky hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Berlin
Bar Solar Just over the road from the Hotel was the most Amazing Bar, Solar, just a door down and an alleyway and you are transported up 17 flights of stairs to the most beautiful bar overlooking the city, chill on a bed or sit on a swing and have a cocktail, which were extremely reasonable!
Berlin Wall Within walking distance of the Moevenpick is a remnant of the Berlin Wall. There is an outdoor "museum" with interactive, yet crude examples of, not the wall, but about Nazi rule. It is very moving and an unforgettable adventure. I believe most of the tour buses allow you to get off at a location of interest (like the Egyptian museum), spend some time there and get on another bus as it comes along. Make sure you hire the tour company that has the most buses because you will then be able to proceed on your own schedule. Also make sure that the buses will not have stopped running when you want to resume the tour.
Bus Tours Take the 100 instead of the tour buses.
Other names for Moevenpick Hotel Berlin
- berlin moevenpick hotel
- Address: 3 Schoeneberger Strasse - Berlin - 10963 - Germany
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Moevenpick Hotel Berlin
- Suitehotel Berlin Potsdamer Platz Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Ibis Hotel Berlin Potsdamer Platz Berlin, Germany Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Relexa hotel Stuttgarter Hof Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Grand Hyatt Berlin Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Mercure Hotel and Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie Berlin, Germany Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Maritim Hotel Berlin Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Hilton Berlin Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- The Regent Berlin Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- The Westin Grand Berlin Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Grand Hotel Esplanade Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Maritim proArte Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Hotel Berlin Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- NH Jolly-Friedrichstrasse Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi