Agon Opera Hotel, Berlin
Review - Agon Opera Hotel
There are currently no reviews for Agon Opera Hotel. Been here? Write a review
Historical Traveller Reviews of Agon Opera Hotel
Excellent value, great locationfrom prp
Outside you are 1 minute away from bus stops and a taxi rank and opposite is a wonderful restaurant/cafe. Excellent coffee and cakes to be had!
Superb breakfast viewfrom RedSteve9981
My top tips would be to have the (very ample buffet) breakfast there, whilst enjoying the view from the 6th floor -fruhstuck even runs until 10, so you can still have a bit of a lie-in; and to get a City/ Welcome card, as the hotel is very close to stations for all the forms of transport (except trams, being located in the West), thereby utilising its much raved about location. We would eagerly use it again.
Very Central, Great Valuefrom Paul Tarmas
Highly Recommendedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Birthday in Berlinfrom bobbins
Plenty of restaurants around,but one worth special note just in the next block,BOVRIL, Excellent food and service.I emailed the hotel prior,and they made reservations at a couple of places for us.
Trans from airport simple,everything ran to time.Will go again in summer -6,but had a great birthday
Great location, good place to explore Berlinfrom jedp78
The hotel doesn't look exciting from the outside, but everything seemed brand new and very smart inside. My room had a good view over the nearby designer shops, but avoided the traffic noise through good glazing and air conditioning. There is a good choice at breakfast from the continental buffet on the top floor glass-sided restaurant which is nicely designed to give good views over Kurfurstendamm.
There aren't many facilities in the room (a safe, but no coffee/tea making facilities), but there is a coffee vending machine and free internet access in the reception. Also, it looks like they have wi-fi hotspot access from the brochures in the rooms.
Highly recommended as a value-for-money base to explore Berlin.
Excellent value for moneyfrom june5640
Ideal Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Free internet access in the lobby was an unexpected bonus.
The only downside was that there was no hairdryer or iron in the room but we always travel prepared so this wasnt a problem for us. We also thought a small fridge and teamaking facility in the room would have been a nice touch but with all the amenities available within walking distance this didnt prove a great problem. ( Have been in 4* hotel without this)
We are a couple in our fifties. We would definitely go back and would recommend this hotel for a short break.
There is a bus direct from the airport but we used taxis - about 12 euros and there is a rank right outside the hotel as well as buses to various locations.
Top Local Tips for Berlin
Airport to Hotel Before you leave the airport purchase a BVG WelcomeCard from the desk (exit for buses signposted). Get the bus 109 and disembark at Olivaerplatz .. you are right outside the Hotel !!
Arrange your city tour by yourself Berlin is a very well organized city for transportation (U-Bahn, S-Bahn, Bus, Tram). Having a good map you can arrange all the transfers by yourself, without using the taxi.
Story of Berlin Museum The Story of Berlin Museum on the Ku'damm is extremely interesting and well presented. The entry also gives you access to a tour of the nuclear bunker underneath the shopping centre. This is fascinating and slightly scary about what was being put in place in the 1970s with the threat of nuclear war.
Other names for Agon Opera Hotel
- agon opera hotel
- agon opera berlin
- Address: Kurfurstendamm 180 - Berlin - 10707 - Germany
Hotels Near Agon Opera Hotel
- Agon Olivaer Apart Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Citadines Apart hotel Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Pension Kurfuerst Berlin Berlin, Germany Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Ringhotel Chateau Garni Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hollywood Media Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Art'otel City Center West Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Best Western Kanthotel Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- NH Berlin-Kurfurstendamm Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Kempinski Hotel Bristol Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Ku Damm 101 Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hotel Albergo Berlin Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Berlin Mark Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Hotel Am Zoo Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Savoy Hotel Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Lindner Hotel Am Ku Damm Berlin Berlin, Germany Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi