Novotel Paris Les Halles Hotel
Reviews - Novotel Paris Les Halles Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 1150 additional reviews of Novotel Paris Les Halles Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Paris
Historical Traveller Reviews of Novotel Paris Les Halles Hotel
Central, adequate hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The nearby Marais neighborhood is great for nightlife. Les Halles is a bit sketchy very late, but we didn't really have any problems coming home late after bar hopping with friends.
The bar inside was a bit pricey, but the bartenders were very friendly. The room was larger than expected, but a bit worse for the wear. Clean, but dated. Compare to an older Holiday Inn in the US.
All in all would stay here again for the priceline rate ($100 with taxes). Be sure to try to bid if you are staying only 2 to a room.
Great Location - OK Hotelfrom eurotrip
Area is very "URBAN" .
Great place if you pay 60euro.
Not even close to a 4*from A TripAdvisor Member
First off, the location is great and the lobby would lead you to believe that this is indeed a 4* hotel.
However, the hallways appear as if they belong on an old ship. Once we checked in to our non-smoking room, I was overwhelmed by the musty smell of old smoke. The furnishings were all well past their prime, and the carpet was worn (almost through the floor). They don't have an alarm clock or a refrigerator, and the shower head can only be mounted for a shorter person and is very uncomfortable to use.
In addition, we were awoken at 7:30am by what must have been the service people. The constant banging didn't stop and we left the room at 10:30am.
In summary, this is definitely NOT a 4* hotel. If you don't plan on spending much time in your room, you will only be mildly disappointed. However, most would be much happier elsewhere.
Rooms look and feel like a 2-star motel in the USfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Rooms look and feel like a 2-star motel in the US.
The location is pretty good, however, we would not go back.
great location-more detailsfrom texas spot
I would concur with most of the previous reviews. I have stayed in Paris quite a lot, know the city very well, and would definitely stay here again. There are some undesirable people around the large open Les Halles area, but this is not uncommon in any large city. The best strategy is to avoid the large open spaces late at night and exit the specific metro exit right in front of the hotel. This can be difficult to access from the underground extremely confusing mess of RER and metro lines. (I found this somewhat difficult and as I said, I know the area very well.) The exit right in front of the hotel is Rue Lingerie (steps only, no escalator). This can only be accessed underground on the metro number 4 line going in the Port D Orleans direction. The exit is directly off the platform. There is no other specific exit and Rue Lingerie is not marked on any of the general signs. There are numerous exits that will place you throughout the Chatelet Les Halles area. This is especially true if you are coming from the airport on the RER. Look underground for an exit map and you will save a lot of time walking around crowded streets above ground.
There is a grocery store directly to the south of the hotel on rue Bourdonnais off the rue des Halles. Several homeless people hang out here, but they were not a problem.
Overall the staff were extremely friendly and conscientious. I was impressed with the level of professionalism at this hotel, particularly as compared to much more expensive hotels that I have visited in Paris. While some of us were off on a side trip to Barcelona, the staff confirmed several dinner reservations that we had previously made, made a new reservation, and even thoughtfully printed out a detailed map.
Great for the price (Priceline) + Locationfrom msanta
Our room was recently repainted (you could smell the paint) and the bathroom and carpets were new, as well. Bed was comforable (queen size). Room was large enough for us for two nights.
We used Priceline and got the room for $126 per night. The location was marvellous for subway access and for nice walk to Seine and other areas. We've been to Paris several times and generally stay more "upscale", but we had nothing to complain about on this selection (if it had been warmer outside at night, we would have been miserable)!
Wonderful place...at the center of the cityfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Paris Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
* Nice upscale hotel for European standards
* Incredible location. It is at the Chatelet metro stop where all the major lines connect. You can get to almost anywhere in Paris very quickly. There are plenty of restaurants, and Notre Dame is within walking distance. The location is why you would choose this hotel.
* Friendly staff. They let me borrow an RJ45 networking cable at no charge. The staff speaks english, gave me a nice map of Paris and always provided friendly advice.
* As one reviewer mentioned it can be very warm in the rooms. We stayed in March and it was about 40F degrees at night, and we had the window open most of the time. The heater was always off, so there must be a lot of heat coming from the rest of the building. There is a big duvet comforter on the bed and we ended up pulling the comforter out and simply using the duvet which helped a lot.
* With the window open there was some street noise. This is a very lively district and on a Friday night there were people out until 3AM. We closed the window and it wasn't much of a problem, but then it got hot again.
* Can be expensive if you don't get a good rate.
Overall this is one of the better hotels I have stayed at in Paris. I would definitely go back again.
This one is a keeper!!!from richen01
Nice Room, Great locationfrom ATL73NA
Top Local Tips for Paris
This hotel seems to use Priceline a lot to rent its unbooked rooms. Check out Biddingfortravel.com for bidding tips. I paid $120 for my room when the best price available elsewhere online was $195.
Tour Bus The open top tour buses are great for getting around all the sites and the ticket lasts for 24hrs. 1 x Adult ticket is 24euro
Watch your pockets. Paris is a city full of rude people and pick pockets. Be carefull.
Other names for Novotel Paris Les Halles Hotel
- paris novotel
- novotel paris les halles
- novotel paris
- accor paris les halles
- Address: 8 Place Marguerite de Navarre - Paris - 75001 - France
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Novotel Paris Les Halles Hotel
- Citadines Les Halles Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Hotel des ducs d Anjou Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Flor Rivoli Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Western duc de Bourgogne Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Agora Hotel Paris, France Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Grand Hotel de Champagne Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Louvre Rivoli Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- L Empire Paris Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Britannique Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Le Relais des Halles Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel de la Place du Louvre Paris, France Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Louvre Saint Honore Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Relais du Louvre Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Beaubourg Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Louvre Forum Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi