Les Trois Poussins Hotel, Paris
Reviews - Les Trois Poussins Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Young Couple
Read 400 additional reviews of Les Trois Poussins Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Paris
Historical Traveller Reviews of Les Trois Poussins Hotel
A joy to have found such a lovely quaint hotel!from purrwellcats
If you enjoy a walk, the Galleries Lafayette (department store) is quite close and the Opera Garnier is also near here. We actually walked to the Eiffel Tower, which was a long way but then got a Riverbus (day or two day passes available) to the gorgeous Notre Dame catherdral which is lovely.
There is plenty to do in Paris, including the louvre gallery for art lovers. Quaint cafe's and cuisine's from many cultures; indian, italian and of course French!
And a comfortable room at the end of a busy day is most welcome! I would recommend the Les Trois Poussins!
... debbie.wright193@ntlworldcomfrom A TripAdvisor Member
As all we needed was somewhere to sleep of an evening this was the ideal place to stay.
The rooms are clean, although somewhat small in fact I think our bathroom was larger than the bedroom area.
If we ever needed any help the reception desk was always " manned " and their English was impeccable. Nothing was too much trouble for them, yet the staff were never in your face so to speak.
Ideally located for Metros St Georges, Pigalle and Blanche.
Breakfast is basic, cereals, fresh orange, coffee, yoghurts, fresh bread, croissants etc. Fill up whilst you can, for Paris's prices are EXTORTIONATE !!! i.e. A brandy + Coke and a pint of Guinness will set you back around 8 - 9 GBP
If we were to visit Paris again ( and Im sure we will ) I would not hesitate staying at this hotel again.
Hope this helps!!
Any questions. happy to help ... email above
Tre Bon!from A TripAdvisor Member
Experiencing a Paris neighborhoodfrom davekv
The hotel is small - located on a quiet side street in the Monte Marte district a short walk from the Moulin Rouge in one direction and the Opera House and Galleries Lafayette and PrinTems department stores in the other direction. As with all Parisian neighborhoods, there are dozens of boulangeries bistros and restaurants short walks from the hotel. It is also a very short walk to the St George's underground station on the #12 line.
The room was very, very quiet and peaceful including a modern plasma TV and wi-fi connectivity (for an extra charge). The bathroom and bedrooms were generously sized. Our room looked out over a quiet neighborhood of apartments and we really felt like we experienced Paris right out of the movie stereotypes in Amalie and the Moulin Rouge. We did not take breakfast in the hotel so cannot comment on it. The reception staff were efficient and 2 out of thee were very friendly and helpful. (The third wasn't rude - just not as extroverted).
One word of caution, we were there in winter so did not need air conditioning. I suspect that there is no air conditioning other than opening a window in the summer months.
warm staff, warm bedsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great staff and very cozy, a little distant.from A TripAdvisor Member
1. This is the easiest location to get to by train. We arrived form the Eurostar train into Paris and then purchaed a "Carte Orange" pass (5 day pass for the trains. Very cheap way to get around an efficent). Took two trains and were 2 blocks from the hotel.
2. When we arrived, the staff was VERY FRIENDLY. It also helps to speak a little French (make the attempt at least, you'll be repected for trying).
3. We upgraded to the kitchenette room. The room is what you would expect in Europe. Not big but not shabby either. The room was very simple and nicely decorated. The fact the windows open up is great. Also, bed is low to the ground and a litle stiff (we don't mind).
4. The hotel is very quaint and in a very typical parisian city blook. Right on the corner are two restaurants reasonably priced and open late. Seems locals went there.
5. Also loved to go shopping to the local markets for groceries and bread. Very close. Again, you have to be a little versed in French because its more local than touristy in this area.
Only downside I can say is that the "atrium" space is really only two tables and about 20ft x 20ft. Not really a place to "unwind" but who cares? You're not there to lounge.
Finally, only other downside is that this hotel is located in Montmarte. A little further few blocks to the north and then east or west and it gets pretty shady. Also it's about 20 min to any major area by train.
Other than this, the STAFF makes it worth the stay. If you want Paris at a resonable price and more of a "Paris" feel stay here. If you want more luxury and amenities stay in the Eiffel tower area which is almost like staying in Beverly Hills, 5th ave, or Bal Harbour.
PS: Highly recommend Rick Steve's Paris Guide we borrowed from a friend.
Would returnfrom daftpunk
The hotel rooms are small but clean and include a flat screen tv. The staff are friendly and helpful and we would definitely return there.
If you're going by Eurostar, a taxi from the station is about 6 or 7 Euro's.
Quaint location in a quiet neighborhoodfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The room had a flat screen TV (very nice) with local channels. The beds were very confortable, and they even had small and big pillows. Maid service every day as well. Our room looked to the street, but it was very quiet nevertheless. The bathroom was just a shower, not a tub, I would have preferred a tub but all the rooms with tubs were taken. A little bit of mildew in two corners of the shower... no issue, I always travel to Europe with Tilex... even 5 stars hotels might have mildew in their tubs in France... but you are just spending 10-20 mins tops in the bathroom , the rest is seeing Paris, not the rooms of your hotel! Overall, the whole hotel and the rooms were very clean. We also had a kitchennette but we didnt use it.
One more thing for the US travelers, they had 110/120V outlet in the bathroom, so I could plug in my razor without problems, I think that was very nice of them, a lot of nicer and more star hotels dont have converters/plugs with 110/120V.
We didnt do the breakfast for 10E, when you exit the hotel go to the right on Rue Clauzel and hit Rue des Martyrs...You will glance the true french-parisian way of living: small shops, patisseries (bakeries), fresh fruit, fresh cheese, meat markets, and everyone shopping their groceries fresh for the day...
I would definitely stay again at Les Trois Poussins...
accommodating stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice location near Montmatrefrom A TripAdvisor Member
One note: upon leaving the St. Georges Metro station, walk up rue de Notre Dame Lorette, and then turn right on rue Henri Monier. Take the second right to rue Clauzel, and the hotel is on the right hand side.
Top Local Tips for Paris
Le pre verre A really lovely restaurant in St Germain on rue Thenard (8ieme), which is to become non-smoking as of 6 February 2006, with unusual dishes and great wine. I had onion soup with chorizo 'emulsion', pork in a star anise, cinnamon and cream sauce with cabbage and then roast banana with mango puree and chilli. Mmm. All this for 26 euros on a Friday evening. Wine from about 15 euros/bottle.
Metro Use the Metro system. It is clean, safe, and will get you to anything quickly.
The Arc de Triomphe Don't miss going up the Arc de Triomphe! Great views of the city and of the Eiffel Tower. Also, don't leave Paris w/o doing a boat ride down the Seine!
Other names for Les Trois Poussins Hotel
- trois poussins
- les trois poussins paris
- les trois poussins
- hotel les trois poussins
- Address: 15 Rue Clauzel - Paris - 75009 - France
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Les Trois Poussins Hotel
- Arvor Saint Georges Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- My Hotel In France Opera Saint Georges Paris Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Hotel Antin Saint Georges Paris Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Georges Opera Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Paris Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Victor Masse Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Opera Frochot rue Frochot Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Brittany Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Kyriad Paris Montmartre Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Pavia Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Atlanta Frochot Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Trinite Plaza Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Libertel Opera Touraine Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Lafayette Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Perfect Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi