Hotel de la Sorbonne, Paris
Reviews - Hotel de la Sorbonne
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: Netherlands
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Young Couple
Read 594 additional reviews of Hotel de la Sorbonne at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Paris
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel de la Sorbonne
Very nice stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Very nice stay at the Hotel Sorbonnefrom Jonkwl
Good deal, pleasant stayfrom Filmgirl29
The room itself was quite small, but all the rooms have private bathrooms, which was quite nice. The shower was more of a mini bathtub with half of the bottom raised up a little to sit down on while you showered with the handheld showerhead. This was a little odd for us, but it worked out all right. Also, it was nice to have a clothesline above the bathtub for our laundry needs.
We never tried the breakfast. The staff was, well...French. They were a little nicer than I expected them to be, but did not always seem to try. For example, my boyfriend called one morning to ask about the weather, and the concierge mumbled and then hung up on him. On the other hand, there was a female staff member who searched high and low for a corkscrew for us and was very friendly.
Overall, we would stay there again, if the rates were similar.
t Beat the Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good, basic, clean, centrally located hotelfrom Bar1
1. The room (55) and the shower/toilet was very small.
2. The sateline TV only seemed to have French channels so not much use to us.
3. Uncomfortable lumpy pillows.
1. Reception Staff very helpful and good internet deal of 70euros per night for a double room (no breakfast - extra 8euros).
2. Position very good for reasonably priced bars and bistros all within walking distance.
3. Clean rooms, tastefully decorated with real French character.
4. Luggage room to store luggage if flying after checkout at 12.
Had a wonderful stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
and yes the elevator can only hold 2 americans max!
Pleasant stay, simple hotel, nice locationfrom kmbmea
We had an excellent deal: 50 EUR per night via the hotel's own website. We would not have been happy paying much more than that -- rack rate of 100 EUR is too much.
An earlier reviewer praised the quiet courtyard: We found there to be a bit of noise in the mornings, with rolling trashcans, clanging gates, and the sounds of people going to work. Windows that open onto the courtyard look into apartments, as well as other hotel rooms...
Double bed was actually two twins pushed together and "wrapped" with a single sheet. Not the greatest.
Breakfast at 8 EUR was a bit much for my taste. Instead, there are several bakeries in the area, or the ubiquitous cafes as well. The local bakery chain Paul is a few blocks north on Boul. St.-Michel, and is well worth the walk. They have an upstairs dining area where you can sit and enjoy your coffee and baked goods.
At checkout, my hotel account didn't reflect the one night that we had prepaid via the website. However, unlike an earlier reviewer who had problems settling this, a few keystrokes remedied this problem and the proper amount was charged to my credit card.
Local phone calls are supposedly 20 cents/minute, but we were not charged for the 3 short calls we made.
Overall, this was a functional stay, thus the 3-star "neutral/average" rating, but the deal was excellent, so it borders on 4... If the price is right, I would stay here again.
Fine but there are better deals next doorfrom JoseSantiago_Chile
What hotel were all these people staying at?from ski_bhum
The rooms are the smallest I've ever stayed at in my 4 trips to Paris. Granted, I am talking about their standard rooms, not the more deluxe ones on the lower floors. The walls, however, are the thinnest of anyplace I've ever stayed at. Every morning, the maids would chat away in the hall and we could hear them as if they were in the room with us.
Trust me, there are better hotels for the same price in the same area.
And yes, the elevator is reeeeeeally small.
Excellent - hidden gemfrom Lizh73
This is just like a little Paris hotel ought to be - unpretentious, comfortable, friendly, excellent value. We'll definitely go back.
Top Local Tips for Paris
Excellent Bistro Check out Le Timbre in the 6th. The best restaurant I've ever eaten in.
Paris is nice and people are polite but keep you eyes open Doublecheck the price on the menu and on the bill. I was asked to pay a cappuccino 6,80 while it was 4,80 on the menu outside the cafe, in the square beside La Sorbonne. Make up your mind by reading the menu outside and estimate how much you are likely to spend. If the bill is particularly different doublecheck.
Walk its the only way! It is so easy to walk around Paris and you really get to know the city layout and everything is so beautiful it doesnt feel stressful to walk.
Other names for Hotel de la Sorbonne
- hotel de la sorbonne
- design de la sorbonne hotel
- Address: 6 Rue Victor Cousin - Paris - 75005 - France
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hotel de la Sorbonne
- Cluny Sorbonne Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel des Trois Colleges Paris, France
- Grand Hotel Saint Michel Paris, France
- Cujas Pantheon Hotel Paris, France
- Select Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Clos Medicis Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Dacia Luxembourg Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Trianon Rive Gauche Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Luxembourg Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Elysa Luxembourg Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Grand Hotel de Suez Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Senat Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Saint Paul Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Central Saint Germain Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Western Belloy Saint Germain Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi