Acacias Etoile Hotel, Paris
Reviews - Acacias Etoile Hotel
Read 344 additional reviews of Acacias Etoile Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Paris
Historical Traveller Reviews of Acacias Etoile Hotel
Nice and quiet in the center of Parisfrom roli61
Great Atmospherefrom wendyelmer
The next day, when we set out for a day's sightseeing, we were offered, but not forced, to have breakfast in the hotel (we declined, but it did look very nice). The hotel's location, right next to a metro station, and just down the road from the Arc de Triomphe, was great for getting around to the different sights, and there was a lot of choice in the local area for restaurants for an evening meal. There were also a number of small shops on the street, such as a bakery, a delicatessan and a greengrocers, which were really good for picnics (although maybe, in February, the weather wasn't ideal for that).
Finally, on our last day, we asked if the staff would keep our bags in the hotel for us during the day, as we had an evening flight and didn't want to be carrying our luggage around all day. They were more than willing to oblige, which again reflected how kind they had been for our whole trip. And yet again, we asked if we could use their phone to contact the minibus transfer we had arranged, and they not only did this, but actually phoned the company themselves, and translated for us, which made the whole process much easier.
Generally, a great hotel, with amazing staff, who made our whole trip a memorable and enjoyable experience.
great hotel, good locationfrom Jazibe
The hotel was very clean, and the staff was nice (keep in mind we're usually loners who dont request the services of the staff, concierge, or room service, so staff interaction was pretty basic: get key, return keys). The staff signed a card and left it on our room, along with a small box of chocolates to wish us a happy new year. It was very thoughtful. They did give us the wrong room, and asked us to move after about 20 mins after check in. The good thing is that the second room was bigger. But bigger doesnt mean "big", because even the bigger one was small. The elevator was TINY, and the walls were paper thin (could hear our next door neighbours every morning getting ready and closing closet doors). The last couple of mornings they had a construction going on on the top floor (1 above us), and the noise woke us up!
So..+ good location, clean, elegant, friendly staff
- paper thin walls, construction noise, room mix up.
the best place for internet-savvyfrom tedInSydney
Best Distinguishing Feature
Why I chose this hotel, in a nut-shell, is FREE INTERNET. Many other hotels will charge 20-30 Euros just for internet use. I came here for partly business part leisure, so internet connection was a must. I also wanted to stay near Arc de Thriomphe (refer 'location'), and this was the only hotel that offerred free internet with comfortable stay enviornment. If you don't care about internet, perhaps there are better hotels that you can search around, but this is the best place if you want internet.
Being near the arc, there are 3 best points:
- 4min walking from the drop off at Arc, where Air France direct bus from CDG Paris airport arrives. Bus is 13Euro one way, definitely better than taxi or PER+metro.
- center of all metro station. Lines 1 will take you to Opera, Louvre, line 6 takes you to Effiefl tower, it's just in center of everything
- glocery stores and many MANY places to eat nearby. You will never starve, and bottle of water is a quick walk away
- The room is very small, if you need space, it's not a good idea. But I understand small size is standard in Paris, so if you are OK with small space, than it's ok.
- room is VERY HYGINE, CLEAN, and MODERN. this is more important to me than the size
- Showers have sufficient hot water.
- It's very quite back-street, I never had trouble sleeping.
- Telephone was free (at least locally) too
- There is a mini-bar that you can store your item
- If you really need that extra space, go for "double" room, where there are more spaces, and desk is large enough for work. "Single" room is really tiny, but bed for "single" room is enough for 2 people to sleep. (it's a semi-double size)
- Receptions remembers me by my name, very generous
- They are super friendly, and willing to help.
- On a rainy day, I asked for umbrella, and they lent to me without questions
- They speak good english, and willing to assist you when you need them
- I arrived on Sunday at 7am, and room wasn't available. They allowed me to sit around in the lounge for 2.5h, doing my work, without being bothered.
Value for Money
- if you are internet user, definitely, don't look anywhere else
- even if you aren't internet, 100Euro for room at this prime location, for quality of room, is a bargain. (but I have not stayed elsewhere, so perhaps you should compare)
- Breakfast cost 12Euro which is bit rich, you get continental breakfast and american style coffee (not latte). I think you can have better food on Cafes outside. I usually had my breakfast at small bakery at 1min walk, with Cafe au Lait and a large bred for 4Euro, much better value.
Will i come again?
Definitely! Will bring partner next time.
a decent place to sleep and shower..from ang6177
Great Valuefrom espressomaker
- Outstanding staff: Lissandro and the others were always very helpful and accomodating. Lissandro went to great lengths to ensure we had a great Paris visit. Unfortunately, Lissandro has moved on to other employment opportunities but the other members of the staff were also very pleasant.
- Very clean and nicely decorated room and hotel.
- Good location: An easy walk to the Champ-Elysee and good restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel (dinner recommendation - L'Ecluse on the corner); very close to the Argentine Metro stop
- Price was a relatively good value
- Allowed pets
- Room was a bit smaller than other European hotels we've stayed in
- Breakfast is too expensive (recommend the bakery on the corner across from L'Ecluse for a cafe and pastry)
- Only one electrical outlet available for use
- Not a good choice if you value a nice view from your room
My cons are minor in my opinion and did not detract from our experience at the Acacias. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Great placefrom goldwell
I would say the only downfall was that they didn't have a converter for us to use to go with there outlets. That was a bit of an inconvienence considering that we needed to charge our ipods and use a better blow dryer. We got by though. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.
nice stayfrom nottingman
It is clean and easy access to the Metro, besides, there are also very helpful staffs!
Great Placefrom jpooh
Home sweet homefrom charlotteCapelas
Special thanks to Lisandro on the front desk and Bela wich is taking care of your breakfast and your room.
Many thaks to all the team. Congratulation for the owners.
Top Local Tips for Paris
metro pass get a three day metro pass. it's really easy to hop on and off the metro with the pass.
Museum Card, totally worth it! we bought a 4 day museum pass and it was worth it just for the Louvre and musee d'orsay (of course we used it for much more!). It cuts you to the front (almost) and saves you the hassle of buying a ticket.
Metro Pass Get a metro pass for zones 1-3. You can get them for 1, 2, 3, or 5 days and they're great. They cover all of central Paris, and are really good value for money. In a couple of minutes you can be in a totally different area of Paris, and the metro is also really frequent, so no hanging around for hours waiting. Also, don't be daunted by the stations. Some of them (eg Chatelet, Charles de Gaulle Etoile) are huge, but they're really well signposted to all of the platforms, as long as you know what line number and direction you want.
Other names for Acacias Etoile Hotel
- hotel acacias etoile
- acacias etoile paris
- Address: 11 Rue des Acacias - Paris - 75017 - France
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Acacias Etoile Hotel
- Centre Ville Etoile Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Fertel Etoile Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Regence Etoile Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Montfleuri Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Western Star Champs Elysees Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Stella Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Deux Acacias Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- 3 Crowns Etoile Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Balmoral Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Belfast Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Splendid Etoile Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Mon Hotel Paris Paris, France Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Cecilia Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Etoile Saint Ferdinand Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Doisy Hotel Paris, France Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi