Radisson SAS Hotel, Nice
Reviews - Radisson SAS Hotel
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Adventurer
Read 400 additional reviews of Radisson SAS Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Nice
Historical Traveller Reviews of Radisson SAS Hotel
nice hotel wrong locationfrom nelsong
NOT SO GREATfrom PFP
Great hotelfrom aroberta
Any drawbacks ? The traffic on the Promenade anglais never stops and can be a bt noisy. Also a bit out of town but there are bus services if you can master the timetable
The Good and Not-so-Good....from A TripAdvisor Member
We enjoyed the breakfast which offered a wide choice of continental breads, fruits, meats (hot & cold), coffees, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, Japanese....a great way to start the day. The concierge were very helpful and informative about travel.
The slight down side was the hotel was a little far to walk from the centre of Nice, but the bus service was cheap and you can buy a multipass for the day or a few days travelling! Taxis are good but expensive. The drivers are pleasant nevertheless! Just budget for that occasion when you need it! You will walk around a lot exploring the centre, especially the Old Town or Vielle Ville....a fab place for bars, bistros, little boutiques and great patisserie!!
Our long weekend was well-worth it. We will go back to the Radisson in the near future to enjoy the classy hospitality once again.
Location, location, location - I think notfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I wouldn't let this put you off Nice, as it is absolutely fantastic, but I would not advise this hotel if you wear high heels !
Nice hotel but not a good valuefrom BackinMA
Great rooms at this Raddisonfrom globetrotter2
It is approx 2 mile walk to center of things--so perhaps not a good choice if you do not like to walk...perfect for us...
The rooms are great..clean & new. The bathroom is large with lots of counter space. We had a lovely room overlooking the sea with a nice size balcony. We travel all the time & would be thrilled to have this nice of room at all our stays. Very quiet also. We also had our best meal at the Cascades Restaurant down the street from this hotel.
Not worth it.from A TripAdvisor Member
1) Location: Walking to downtown will take you a good 30 mins. If you take the cab, of course you get screwed (from other previous posts on the site). Rent a car and drive? Good luck finding free parking. It'll probably cost you 10 Euros to park for the morning through afternoon.
2) Parking at the Hotel: If you park below the hotel, it's 20 Euros/day. If you use the Valet service, then they automatically charge 20Euros/day to your room (from what the receptionist told me)....I'll find out when I check out. So, if anyone know where to park at this hotel, I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, add 20Euros/day to the cost of your hotel room.
Best week of my life!from A TripAdvisor Member
We really doubly impressed by the staff, especially the concierge team, who were friendly, chatty, genuine and honest, plus they were always ready with a smile and seemed to have good senses of humour. The receptionist that checked us in seemed frosty at first, but really brightened once she started chatting... all the staff seem very happy and relaxed. The restaurant staff were also a delight, and even put up with our abysmal French (of course, the maitre d' speaks perfect English, and there are menus in English to help out). Room service was very prompt and the room was cleaned twice a day to an extremely high standard.
The bar-staff weren't as fantastic as the others, I have to say. Despite being chatty, they didn't seem to be very highly trained. One of them looked as if he were about to faint when we asked for cocktails... which weren't the nicest drinks we've ever had. I suppose it's because we're Irish, and like the cliche, we know our drinks, and pub culture being what it is in Ireland, all bar staff are highly trained. Also, the candy shot cocktail advertised on the website wasn't available!
The taxis are a rip off in Nice. We hired a car so we got around well enough, and we walked into town in the evenings. (Only 2 miles, people! Get yer sneakers on!) I was less impressed with the recommended restaurant in town than I thought I'd be, but it was in no way bad.
The rooftop pool is lovely, and it's really relaxing to lounge on the roof in the sun, watching the planes fly in!
Hmm... can't think of anything else to say, except that although the hotel was very busy for the second half of our stay, we were always treated wonderfully by the staff, as if we were the only guests there!
Beautifully renovated hotel ...from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Nice
Forget the guidebooks We followed a couple of guidebook recommendations and regretted it both times! On our last day we had lunch at a restaurant on the beach and had some great food.
La Petite Ferme du Far West, Antibes Great place for pre school children. At 10 euros admission, it is less expensive than most of the other attractions and keeps them amused. Food is not great, so bring a picnic
Gourmet meal at Fisher's Fritz in the Regency Hotel We had a wonderful gourmet lunch at Fisher's Fritz. If you want to treat yourself to wonderful food - and being totally pampered -- consider this for lunch oir dinner.
Other names for Radisson SAS Hotel
- radisson nice
- radisson hotel nice
- radisson blu hotel nice
- nice radisson
- Address: 223 Promenade Des Anglais - Nice - 06200 - France
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Radisson SAS Hotel
- Mercure Nice Californie Hotel Nice, France Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Victorine Hotel Nice, France Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Georges Hotel Nice, France Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Anis Hotel Nice, France Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Danemark Hotel Nice, France Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Four Points Sheraton Elysee Palace Hotel Nice, France Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Ibis Nice Hotel Nice, France Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Marina Hotel Nice, France Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Armenonville Hotel Nice, France Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Hotel Negresco Nice, France Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi
- Hi Hotel Nice, France Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Paris Nice Hotel Nice, France Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Hotel Villa Rivoli Nice Nice, France Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Westminster Concorde Hotel Nice, France Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- De La Fontaine Hotel Nice, France Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi