Sax Hotel, Prague
Reviews - Sax Hotel
Read 465 additional reviews of Sax Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Prague
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sax Hotel
Proposal Prague!from colin217
The Petra gardens are right behind this beautiful hotel and I proposed to my girlfriend there. When I heard the church bells ring on the sunday morning and the trumpeteer playing I had to do it!! She accepted and were getting married next July on the 25th.
Prague beautiful, Hotel fantastic, holiday brilliant.
Colin & Emma, England x
Very nice hotel !from Julietta0904
Design Hotel Sax - You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!from Fox1969
We had one of the suites as we were travelling in a group of three. The rooms are very light, extremely clean and all the furnishings and decor are in pristine condition . We even had a DVD Player with a library of at least 20 Dvd's, a really great touch. My friend wandered around the hotel "1000 Chairs" book in hand, marvelling at all the original pieces. It took me a lot of persuading to get her out of the hotel!
You walk into an atrium like lounge and when you look up into the glass skylight, at least 10 different types of light/lamp from all the different eras are hanging along with metal discs which sparkle when the sun shines. I loved going into this room and having "Afternoon Tea" between 4 and 6pm, which included cakes and an array of drinks. I always sat in the seethrough plastic bubble chair which hangs from the ceiling and dreamt that I was in the 60's. The only music played in this hotel is naturally from the 50's, 60's and 70's, which we all loved.
The staff are extremely helpful without being overbearing, which I find a rarity these days. They make you feel very at home and try their very best to fulfil every request. Breakfast was a joy, we were spoilt for choice. My mother said it was the best breakfast she ever had in a hotel.
We only planned to stay for two nights but extended our stay to three. We fell in love with both the hotel and Prague and it was heart wrenching when we had to leave.
I have been to plenty hotels in many different countries and I must say that this was the best experience I have ever had. Considering this hotel is relatively new it is already able to set an example to the other more "seasoned" hotels, both in service and price.
We are already looking forward to coming back next year!
Excellent !from isoptine
Cool design, bad air circulationfrom prague79
For the money, I would recommend trying a different hotel. It's shame since with a few portable air purifiers and a better cleaning staff, this place would get a rating of 5. Management take note!
A great homebase to discover Prague ... and Design !from Road_runner_bip-bip
We loved :
- care and atttention from the staff
- the extra king size bed and the plentiful pillows
- the design (all and everywhere)
- the accomodations (lcd tv , free dvd, bath and beauty cosmetics, and many other attentions we often do not find in 4* hotels)
- plentiful and delicious breafast (made-to-order meals, organic food, fresh fruits and juices, breads, pastries and many more),
- closed and guarded parking facility not far
- central location so we could just walk to discover the city
As the hotel was renewed only 3 months ago, all services were not available (like fitness room, massage, and we had some problem connecting to wifi) but it was already an excellent experience with a very good quality-price ratio.
Outstanding experience at Design Hotel Saxfrom Pittsburgh8
The breakfasts were also sumptious. Hotel Sax had an expansive buffet that included several hot breakfast entrees as part of the room rate. It provided us a convenient way to energize ourselves before embarking on a long day of sightseeing throughout Prague. Speaking of sightseeing, the location of the Hotel was superb. It is conveniently located to several of the main attractions, including the Charles Bridge. However, it is not located on any busy thoroughfairs and, thus, is especially quiet and a bit off the beaten track. All in all, our stay was a great experience and I would recommend the Design Hotel Sax unreservedly to anyone visiting Prague.
Dream place to live if you love Designfrom athensbyday
in the middle of the Castle and the Carol's bridge, excellent neiborhood!
The staff cheked in us immediatelly although it was early in the morning. Everybody were very kind and helpfull.
the furniture and wallpapers were so unique! It is like you are in your dream house!
It was so kind that they offer every afternoon coffee and some traditional sweets.
The breakfast was as it had to be, not too much food and everything in high quality!
Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in on holiday!
2nd time here - Just love itfrom walk2488
It is quite close to the Malostranske namesti tram stop. There are lovely shops and bars in this area as well. We did a little pub crawl in that area that included a small bar across the street from the hotel, a wine bar down a bit further down the street then J.J.'s pub. Great food there by the way! There were a couple more spots that looked interesting but we didn't have time to hit them all.
If I return to Prague, I would definitely stay with them again.
A delightful hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Prague
The tram is your friend. The tram is fabulous for getting around in Prague. Find a good map and get a pass for your entire trip. Your feet will thank you for it and being above ground, you still get to see the sights!
taxi they steal a lot take only AAA COMPANY
walk Why not walk and see all the sights. It's all within reach. Try to book hotel and flight as a package but don't book with Last minute.com they don't include baggage fees!!! cost us £50
Other names for Sax Hotel
- hotel sax
- design hotel prague
- Address: Jánský Vrek 3/328 - Prague - 118 00 1 - Czech Republic
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sax Hotel
- Hotel U Brany Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- The Castle Steps Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Santini Residence Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Aria Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Domus Henrici Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Domus Balthasar Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Ave Hotel Waldstein Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- William Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Golden Well Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Pod Vizi Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Blue Key Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Questenberk Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Residence Nosticova Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Rezidence Lundborg Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi