Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel, Prague
Reviews - Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Luxury Traveller
Read 509 additional reviews of Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Prague
Historical Traveller Reviews of Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel
Good hotel, but not anything to knock your socks-off.from wcass01
Superbfrom A TripAdvisor Member
This place was fantastic ! It is just off Wencelas Square and therefore everything is within walking distance. This was great because we were warned about the dodgy taxis that rip you off. Although the airport now only employ one taxi company to ensure that the tourists are not ripped off.
Upon arrival at the hotel we were asked if we would like to upgrade our to Royal Club for 45 Euro per night and this included breakfast,bathrobes and slippers,free in room movies,playstation games,cd player in the room,turn down service,a drink of your choice in the bar and a free glass of champagne. It was well worth it - the breakfast was great and included champagne(if it runs out just ask for more).
There were 2 single duvets on our giant bed and all we had to do was ask to get a king size duvet.
We spent one of the evenings sipping cocktails in the Be Bop Bar (the jazz starts at 10 pm) There is also a fantastic Irish Bar a 1 minute walk away which does great food too.
We got the hotel taxi to the airport on the way back,it was a bit more expensive but worth it for the convenience.
We would definitely stay here again and we would highly recommend it to everyone else.
Overall had a great stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The jazz bar was very pleasant overall, though very understated and with the exception of one waiter who needs to be taught some manners, all the staff seemed very friendly and helpful indeed.
Great Hotel and Tripfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel itself is conveniently located in a quite street off Wenceslas square and just 10 mins walk to the Old town square, 20 mins off to the Charles bridge and with all the underground stops nearby.
I would recommend this hotel because of its excellent location and good service.
perfectly good hotelfrom Helen01
all in all good hotel would stay there again
Let downfrom FELICIAFELICE
The Missus says this is not a great hotel but a good hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
What a beautiful hotel!from parny2
Overall Good Hotelfrom CrossleyTraveller
First appearances from the outside of the hotel are a little disappointing. The hotel is situated in a side street off Wensclas Square (only 100 mtres away) opposite a Subway fast food outlet. Don't expect to be wowed on arrival!
The hotel has reasonable sized public areas without being overly sized. The Be Bop bar is great for pre dinner drinks, and there is a jazz group playing each night except Sunday. The staff are very friendly and attentive.
The rooms ( we stayed in the Royal Club) are of good size and a reasonable standard. There are no views from any of the rooms which is disappointing. They are well equiped, well presented with the usual features of a 5* hotel - safe, bathrobes, minibar, turndown etc. Some rooms can be smaller, (we went with friends and theirs was)
Restaurants - the hotel has an award winning one but as you would expect it is expensive. I can fully recommend the buffet breakfast - great choice, and good quality. Well worth the money - and champagne thrown in too! Don't miss it, it sets you up well for the day.
Would definitely stay in the hotel again. Would rate it 4*++ - the location and outside appearance disappoint, and lack of pool etc detract a little. That said you will not be disappointed overall.
Wonderful Hotelfrom JJackpot
Top Local Tips for Prague
Budget airlines Be aware that Stag parties use budget airlines , whilst most can be ok there will be some who will amaze you that they have the gift of speech but use it for profanity only.Be like me and think of them as they suffer from mild tourettes.
Pre book for value We booked travel to and from the airport with Prague Airport Transfers in advance. Very good value for money (only £44 between eight of us return), very reliable and Lucas the driver gave us plenty of tips and local info as we were travelling!
Money I would definitely recommend to people who are going to Prague to organise a airport transfer as there are always quite a few people waiitng for taxis. You can use Euros in Prague.
Other names for Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel
- radisson prague
- prague radisson
- Address: 40 Stepanska - Prague - 11000 - Czech Republic
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel
- Best Western Premier Majestic Plaza Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- K K Hotel Fenix Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Prague Hotel House Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Rokoko Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Golden Prague Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Jalta Praha Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Ramada Prague City Centre Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Elysee Hotel Prague Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Musketyr Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Andante Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Golden Cross (Na Zlatem Krizi) Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Adria Praha Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Yasmin Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Seven Days Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Suitehome Hotel Prague, Czech Republic Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi