Hilton Vienna Danube Hotel
Reviews - Hilton Vienna Danube Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: Netherlands
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 454 additional reviews of Hilton Vienna Danube Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Vienna
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton Vienna Danube Hotel
Nice Hotel but too far from city centerfrom AZ PAUL
dissapointing hotel for hotel chainfrom jetbug
I wouldn't stay here unless you had to.
Huge rooms but far from the cityfrom Frequent_FlyerSydney
Buffet breakfast was very nice, with hot & cold food. The breakfast manager was very stroppy and was rather rude at one point when we sat at the wrong table. Kept asking us to move, saying that it was a busy morning. When we left, the breakfast room was not even half full. The waitresses were very nice though, bringing hot choclate for my little one.
As other reviews stated, it is about 4-5 km to the city centre and you have to be very quick to book the hotel shuttle. I was not even aware that that was a tram service. The front desk was not very helpful, until you made the first move.
The Danube is literallly next to the river and it makes a nice evening walk if you did not want to go into the city.
Next time we would stay somewhere in the city.
Mixed Bagfrom travelingFelix
- nice views of Danube, situated on the Danube
- nice common facilities, resraurants, etc.
- helpful staff
- Big rooms, clean
- in the middle of nowhere, nothing within walking distance
- room facilities old and worn but clean - ripped and repaired curtains, worn down carpet
Great hotel, friendly stafffrom apfelwein
The hotel is great if you need to be in this part of town though. Large, clean rooms (many of them with great views of the Danube). The staff were competent and friendly.
The restaurant was good for breakfast and lunch.
The conference facilities including the business centre were also good.
Only so-so, not worth payingfrom not2far2go
There was a convention in town at the time of my stay. The front desk was very harried and did not seem to be able to handle to people well. My room was not ready until after 3 PM (check-in time is 2PM).
I received an Upgraded room with a Danube view. This room had a missing clock, broken TV, and window that would not shut. The broken items were not noticed until the final night. When informing the front desk at check out, the clerk rolled her eyes. This was fairly typical of the front desk staff attitude.
Housekeeping was less than proficient. Used dishes were left in the room. Towels were removed but not replaced. The hotel directory is incorrect so all calls had to routed thru the fornt desk. Housekeeping took an hour to bring towels after the second call (30 minutes after the 1st). Unclear if this was due to the fornt desk or housekeeping.
Breakfast is excellent. Buffet with lots of choices and food was good. Lunch was OK. Menu was very limited but the waiter friendly and tried hard.
There is free shuttle between the Danube and the central Vienna Hilton. This shuttle holds 9 people and fills up quickly. Recommend making a reservation as soon as you know you need one. Going to the Vienna Hilton (granted 5*), with their helpful and friendly front desk and concierge, makes the Danube Hilton seem even shabbier.
We stayed using points. So, it at 10,000 points/night, it was still a bargain despite all the problems. However, as of June 1, 2006, 25,000 points/night will be required. No longer worth it then. Given all the problems and distance from central Vienna, I would not pay to stay here. There are many charming hotels in downtown Vienna which give much better value.
Mixed Experiencefrom SiddMoras
Apart from that
1. stayed on my HHonors points. Very good value. Only 10000 points per night. One of the best values you'll get on HHonors points.
2. Huge Rooms - Very large rooms with river view. Excellent if you go with family
3. Close to the Prater fun park.
1. Pretty far from the city. Reasonably long and inconvenient walk from the nearest tram station. Have to climb several stairs with luggage. Nothing whatsoever happens in the vicinity. Dead area.
2. No frills like coffee maker in room. Coffee makers not even allowed into the rooms.
Overall I would recommend this hotel. It does offer a shuttle to the Hilton vienna in the city center but the shuttle is always overcowded. Do book a day in advance to get a seat. we never got a seat on the shuttle. You can ask the Hilton for a pick up form the airport @ 28 euros. better value than public transportation which would cost you around 12 Euros per person.
Excellent Valuefrom ajslcs
Comfortable place to stayfrom ratinthekitchen
Celebrating our 30th Anniversaryfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We went during the winter months. The hotel was not as busy as during tourist season, but always seemed to have time for any visitor. It was on the cool side (45 to 50), but we layered our clothing and had no problems. Vienna was celebrating Easter and had all their decorations and holiday activities then.
Top Local Tips for Vienna
Good restaurants Il Mare, 7, Zieglergasse 15. Really excellent and authentic Italian food. Good service and non smoking area is by pizza oven which makes for entertaining dining! Cafe der Provinz on Maria Treu Gasse for brunch. Il Sestante for pizzas on corner of Maria True Gasse on Piaristenstrasse.
Places to visit Visit Prater fairground for a ride on the famous big wheel. It's not just a fairground, but has some lovely restaurants too. Schnitzel is wonderful and try the pancakes! Made with a sweet cottage cheese filled sauce - Delicious honestly!!! Gansehaufel is a lovely little island on the danube, where the locals go to sunbathe and have fun in the water.
Schonbrunn Palace tickets Buy your tickets to Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna online. Just go to the website and purchase. You don't have to wait in line or wait for a timed entry just go up to the ticket entrance. No specific date or time either. Very easy to use. http://www.schoenbrunn.at
Other names for Hilton Vienna Danube Hotel
- vienna hilton
- hilton vienna
- hilton international vienna
- Address: 269 Handelskai - Vienna - 1020 - Austria
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton Vienna Danube Hotel
- Ibis Wien Messe Hotel Vienna, Austria Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Austria Trend Hotel Lassalle Vienna, Austria Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Adlon Hotel Vienna, Austria Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Austria Classic Wien Hotel Vienna, Austria Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- NH Danube City Hotel Vienna, Austria Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Wilhelmshof Hotel Vienna, Austria Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- Reichshof Hotel Vienna, Austria Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- Capri Hotel Vienna, Austria Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Best Western Hotel Kurfurst Wilhelm I. Kassel, Germany Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Mercure Grandhotel Biedermeier Hotel Vienna, Austria Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Am Augarten Hotel Vienna, Austria Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Mercure Imlauer Wien Hotel Vienna, Austria Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Best Western Hotel Pension Arenberg Vienna, Austria Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- City Hotel Tabor Vienna, Austria Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- Hotel Stefanie Vienna, Austria Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi