NH Salzburg Hotel
Reviews - NH Salzburg Hotel
Read 336 additional reviews of NH Salzburg Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Salzburg
Historical Traveller Reviews of NH Salzburg Hotel
Not a good hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
When I first arrived I was so impressed by the modern and warm reception area. However, when I arrived to my room I was very disappointed because of the following reasons:
1. My room smelt like it had been closed for months!
2. There was no heating! I was given a small heater to keep warm while in my room and had to keep it on constantly!
3. The noise. I could hear people coming and going, doors banging, the cleaner's each morning, etc... I had to wear ear buds so I was not woken up in the morning.
4. The carpet in my room and in the hallway was old, tacky and constantly dirty.
The only positive points about this hotel are:
1. The modern reception area
2. The rich buffet breakfast provided (although expensive - 14 euro/person)
3. Free internet for guests (2 computers available)
I personally won't ever stay in this hotel chain again and don’t recommend other people should either unless this hotel upgrades their rooms ASAP!
Little Gemfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We arrived at 10am, 4 hours before the check-in time and we were given our room immediately! This was a great bonus as we had been up since 1:30am; this allowed us to grab some much needed sleep before spending a very enjoyable day in Salzburg.
The rooms were very clean, well kept and modern. The service that we encountered (which wasn't a huge amount as we didn't spend much time in the hotel) was brilliant and we even managed to get room service 20 minutes after the service deadline.
The location is superb; within 15 minutes walk of most attractions. The breakfast, as mentioned by others, is a little expensive at 14 Euros per person; however, there is a Spar at the end of the road on which the hotel sits, together with the various bakeries just round the corner most tastes should be catered for. We also discovered that the fridge is just large enough to house bottles of water, wine and beer for those that don’t want to drink at the bar every night.
To cap a great stay we were able to leave our luggage in storage after we checked out; this enabled us to do some Christmas shopping before leaving (buy your Gluhwein and Mozart chocolates from the supermarket just on the other side of the river, you’ll save lots of money).
NB: As an update on previous comments, there is a specific service offered by the hotel whereby you can choose from 4 different pillow types!
Our top tips for Salzburg:
?Don’t go to the wax museum; it has very little to do with Mozart and in our opinion it isn’t worth the entrance fee.
?Try the ice skating in Mozart Plaza, it is great fun; on a Wednesday it is student night which might sound off-putting, however, we met many other English speaking people who were of a similar skill to us (bad!!!).
?The restaurant we would recommend is called “Gablerbrau”, it is located on Linzergasse which is within 10 minutes walk of the hotel. The food comes in very generous portions (especially the starters) and is very tasty. We ate there twice and it cost us under 50 Euros each time (2 people for two courses including wine).
?Another lovely excursion is the Mozart dinner concert at St Peters in the Stiftskeller; quite an expensive evening especially because of the wine, which is extra. It was however, very romantic and enjoyable.
NH Salzburgfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great hotel for good price!from A TripAdvisor Member
Decent Hotelfrom $savemoney$
Great locationfrom Charlotte27
Excellent Service at the NH Salzburg!from A TripAdvisor Member
However, this will not preclude us from staying at the NH Salzburg on our next visit to this fabulous city.
Clean and Modernfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Place to Stayfrom PDXSYD
Definitely not a 4-star hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Salzburg
Do bring cash! To our MAJOR surprise, a rather big percentage of shops/musemum (ie the castle) do not take credit card. So travellers BEWARE!
Close to train Only 6€ by taxi from train
Salzburg card Buy a Salzburg card which gives free bus travel and free entrance into numerous attractions .1, 2, and 3 day cards available it comes with a guide to the attractions and saves loads of money.
Other names for NH Salzburg Hotel
- nh hotels salzburg
- nh hotel salzburg
- Address: 26 Franz Josef Strasse - Salzburg - 5020 - Austria
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near NH Salzburg Hotel
- Wolf Dietrich Residenz Hotel Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- TOP Hotel Mozart Salzburg Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Hotel Auersperg Salzburg Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Cordial Theater Hotel Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Schloss Fuschl Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Austrotel Salzburg Hotel Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Centralhotel Gablerbrau Hotel Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Mercure Salzburg City Hotel Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Lasserhof Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Dorint Salzburg Hotel Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Markus Sittikus Salzburg Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Sacher Salzburg Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Best Western Hotel Imlauer Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Best Western Hotel Stieglbrau Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- NH Carlton Salzburg Hotel Salzburg, Austria Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi