The Palms at Pelican Cove Hotel, Christiansted
Reviews - The Palms at Pelican Cove Hotel
Read 559 additional reviews of The Palms at Pelican Cove Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Christiansted
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Palms at Pelican Cove Hotel
Needs a lot of work!from gregiker
The positives: the location was perfect. There could not be a better, more picturesque setting in paradise. It is secluded, but allows for being as social as you wish. The staff was overly friendly, and very easy to talk to and get to know. The food was great, reasonably priced and good quality. The rooms were large with plenty of room to spread out and had very good air conditioners.
The negatives: the phone did not work (which was promptly replaced), the hot water ran out quickly and the pipes must be rusted out.
Periodically the water ran from clear to absolutely orange/rust colored. One day the white towels in the bathroom came to us with a heavy rust tint. The satellite tv had constant problems (forgivable in such a remote place). The food service at dinner was unforgivably slow, so slow that we cancelled our New Year's Eve dinner reservations so we would not start the new year out irate. The floors were never swept in the rooms (lots of sand piled up) and the sliding door to the patio was almost impossible to open. The room overall was shabby -old bathrooom fixtures and lights, stained tile floor, nasty shower curtain, everything in need of a good cleaning and paint job. Overall, this property has great potential, but evidently they are not too concerned, as no one apologized for all of the problems when we complained at the front desk. They seemed to be on "island time" and they were actually painting one of the rooms the day our neighbors arrived. So much focus has been place on the lobby, restaurant, pool area, that none has been focused on the rooms, workout area, and plumbing, or service in the restaurant and rooms. Definitely a great beach getaway location, but the details need to be addressed before they can ask resort type prices. I hope they get their act together, because they could really take off!
They cancelled my wedding four days before!from livehere
We Love The Cormorant!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Tired and run downfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A fabulous stay at the Cormorantfrom A TripAdvisor Member
While it's not a 5-star mega-resort, it's a nice, small, sea-side getaway. The rooms are large, with air conditioning that turns your room into a freezer--which was great coming in from the warm, humid air. Some things in the room and around the resort were a little worn, but it's completely understandable with the harsh ocean air. And they appear to be dealing with those areas that need attention.
We opted for the meal plan and it was well worth the extra money. The food was fantastic. Brian, the chef, created some delicious entrees nightly. The service was, at times, a little slow; but, the setting and relaxing atmosphere more than makes up for it. Besides, you're on vacation, who's in a hurry? Gregory and Arthur were concerned at the slow service one night; we weren't bothered by it in the slightest, but appreciated their concern.
It was a fun, relaxing week. We'll definitely be back next year and will be recommending it to all our friends. If you're looking for a smaller, intimate hotel where everyone pays attention to your needs, check out the Cormorant.
We loved the Cormorantfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Bad Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great getaway spot in paradisefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Beautiful bar and beach, although some of the structures are showing a little wear and tear from the sea and salt. Can't be helped I suppose, but it seems there is a constant effort to keep renovating and repairing. All things considered, it really is a great place to be yourself and enjoy sunny days at the pool, and warm breezy nights at the beautiful outdoor mahogany bar. Very helpful and friendly staff too. Did I mention the fabulous restaurant? Check it out.
Our day in paradise that lasted one weekfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Fun and relaxingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Christiansted
Getting Around Please Keep Left, The taxis are great but if you feel the need to drive yourself, remember to stay on the left.
Rental Cars Rent your car from the airport, much easier than the process of renting in town.
St Croix - the Real hidden gem The Caribbean at its best - beautiful, authentic, interesting, friendly, affordable
Other names for The Palms at Pelican Cove Hotel
- palms pelican cove
- palms at pelican cove hotel
- palms at pelican cove christiansted
- Address: 4126 La Grande Princesse - Christiansted - 00820-4441 - Virgin Islands U.S.
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Palms at Pelican Cove Hotel
- Caravelle Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 3.3 km / 2 mi
- Hotel on the Cay Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 3.3 km / 2 mi
- Club Comanche Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- King's Alley Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Club St Croix Beach & Tennis Resort Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Colony Cove Beach Resort Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- The Buccaneer Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
- Sand Castle On The Beach Resort Hotel Frederiksted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 7 km / 4.3 mi
- Carambola Beach Resort Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 10.7 km / 6.6 mi
- Divi Carina Bay Resort & Casino Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 13.4 km / 8.4 mi
- Cottages by the Sea Hotel Frederiksted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 17.4 km / 10.8 mi
- The Westin St John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 62.8 km / 39 mi
- Elysian Beach Resort Hotel Charlotte Amalie, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 63.1 km / 39.2 mi