Carambola Beach Resort Hotel, Christiansted
Reviews - Carambola Beach Resort Hotel
Read 177 additional reviews of Carambola Beach Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Christiansted
Historical Traveller Reviews of Carambola Beach Resort Hotel
Great potentialfrom westernmaine
Great staff, food a little pricy and not much selection, but being at this resort is like your own piece of heaven. The rooms need updating but they are working on them, they are very clean. It is worth the money for the ocean rooms, ask for the ones on the beach. Make sure you rent a jeep and explore the island. I would recommend this resort and the island of St. Croix it is quiet secluded and very relaxing.
Excellent Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
s better than you can imaginefrom MiamiBeach1
We moved from Coromont Resort, which was more expensive and a disasterous, dirty mess!
For Carambola, the value is excellent, location superb. I cannot think of anything bad to say. The standard rooms are huge and well-located on grassy lawns only a hundred feet from the sand.
Our little island paradisefrom helby82
Beautiful and Relaxing!from A TripAdvisor Member
What a great place to just relax!from Sue3cats
Carambola-St. Croixfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The beach was beautiful, the hotel staff were extremaly accomidating and hospitable. The rooms were clean and well appointeded but need some updating. This also applies to the pool area. This may be because this property has receintly changed hands and new owners have not completed their renovations. There were many workers in the process of renovating so I'm sure this issue will be resolved. The biggest complaint that I've read about this property on "Trip Advisor" is that the Carombola is that it is isolated. It is a bit away from tourist area (1/2 hr-Christiansted) but for some this is means exclusive and not isolation. The solution is to rent a car which I think is a must. You can acclimate to the driving fairly easily, just pay attention take your time and go slow. Island drivers are very courtious and are not going to honk and tailgate. The food at the Carambola was adequate. The breakfast was buffet style and had enough to satisfy most everyone and at $15.00 I thought it was a good deal. Dinner was fairly expensive, not bad but not great either. However, no one wants to eat at the same place all the time so again if you have a car there are many very good restaurants in Christiansted. One reataurant outside of Christiansted that I reccomend is "Donavans Reef", on the pricy side but very good.
Closer to the Carambola (10 min)is "Off the Wall" a beach bar with good burger/fries type food. It is a great laid back place to watch the sunset and have a few beers. Also near to the Carambola (15 min) is the Salt River Marina a good place for breakfast or lunch. Would I stay at the Carambola again? Yes.Hope this review helps
Loved Carambolafrom A TripAdvisor Member
Beautiful but Nothing to Dofrom Kalebyra
So if you spent the day out in the city and came home for dinner you were left with bar food. The room was very nice though and again the grounds were BEAUTIFUL!!
Almost Paradisefrom A TripAdvisor Member
If you are looking for a very relaxing trip and just want to get away from it all, this is the place. We never left the resort. There was never a reason for us to leave because everything we needed was onsite.
Steve, the all purpose man, knew us by name and shared with us the history of the resort and dining facilities. Maggie, the front desk attendant, greeted us with a smile every morning. Each server complimented our dinner with great conversation or service.
We will definitely visit Carambola again. We have traveled all over the world and haven't found a gem like this.
Top Local Tips for Christiansted
Driving Try to avoid driving at night. Centerline Car Rental provided us with a good map, but it did not show all roads and a lot of the roads were not marked with signs. We did well driving during the day, but driving at night was an adventure. We got lost repeatedly the one night we were out after dark.
pick up brochures at the airport pick the the brochures at the airport for reviews on food, places to go, etc. www.stcroixexplorer.com has a magazine right there in the airport.
Snorkling A good time to be had snorkling with "Big Beard" service at Buck Island.
Other names for Carambola Beach Resort Hotel
- carambola beach resort
- carambola beach hotel
- Address: Estate Davis Bay, Kingshill - Christiansted - 00851 - Virgin Islands U.S.
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Carambola Beach Resort Hotel
- Sand Castle On The Beach Resort Hotel Frederiksted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 7.2 km / 4.5 mi
- Club St Croix Beach & Tennis Resort Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 11.9 km / 7.4 mi
- Colony Cove Beach Resort Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 11.9 km / 7.4 mi
- Hibiscus Beach Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 13.1 km / 8.1 mi
- Club Comanche Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 13.6 km / 8.5 mi
- Caravelle Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 13.6 km / 8.5 mi
- The Palms at Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 10.7 km / 6.6 mi
- Hotel on the Cay Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 13.7 km / 8.5 mi
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 14.3 km / 8.9 mi
- Cottages by the Sea Hotel Frederiksted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 8.8 km / 5.5 mi
- The Buccaneer Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 16 km / 10 mi
- Divi Carina Bay Resort & Casino Hotel Christiansted, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 24 km / 14.9 mi
- Elysian Beach Resort Hotel Charlotte Amalie, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 61.8 km / 38.4 mi
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort Hotel Charlotte Amalie, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 61.8 km / 38.4 mi
- The Ritz Carlton Club Hotel Charlotte Amalie, Virgin Islands U.S. Distance: 62.1 km / 38.6 mi