Ti Kaye Village Hotel, Castries
Reviews - Ti Kaye Village Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Young Couple
Read 854 additional reviews of Ti Kaye Village Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Castries
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ti Kaye Village Hotel
This place is incrediblefrom A TripAdvisor Member
I can't say enough about the personal attention given by the staff to its guests. If we asked for it, we got it. For example, we had selected a package that had some different choices available. It was the honeymoon adventure package. It had a lot of stuff we wanted but some limits. Well, after a simple, "can we add this and drop this" question to Gisselle, Janeese and I had created our own little package that we couldn't be happier with.
Take advantage of the trip to Castries. The market has good souveniers and you can get some duty free shopping done. Go to the Coal Pot Restaurant - superb food!
The food is excellent at Ti Kaye so we advise opting for the Gros meal plan. Chef Paul really knows how to make a person look forward to dinner each night.
The grounds are beautiful; so lush. Each cottage has an ocean view which provides a fabulous view anytime of day. While, we were upgraded to a cottage with our own plunge pool, we didn't use it as much as I thought we would. The outdoor shower was awesome. Imagine showering under the moonlight - what a great feeling.
As one reviewer said, there are no screens on the windows of the cottages. But Tikaye thinks of everything. They provide plenty of bug repellant, citronella candles, and mosquito coils free of charge. We were lucky because there weren't many mosquitos the week we were there.
The long and short of it is this: it is an incredible resort, with a great staff and a fantastic aire about it. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Absolutely incredible - A slice of heaven.from A TripAdvisor Member
We want to go back!from A TripAdvisor Member
If I had to give suggestions to others about Ti Kaye, they would be: 1. Buy the meal plan. you'll feel less stress by paying up front, and then not have to worry about the cost of meals (Dinner ranged from 18.00 US to 28.00 US.
2. Go to the beach front early, stay late. Have lunch delivered to you via beach bar. Laugh at the big tour boats that pull up to the beach and allow their guests to swim for 30 minutes. Those boats come & go all day long. Maybe 3 to 4 a day. If you are a people watcher ~ it's great!
3. Take advantage of the packages that Ti Kaye offers. They'll set it all up for you, give you a schedule for each of your days, and ensure that you get what you want!
4. Before you come to St. Lucia, get a handle on what is considered a good tip for tour guides, baggage handlers, and local assistants. The exchange rate is 2.65 EC to 1 US dollar. Rememebr that. When visiting towns, and before making any purchase, get the price in EC dollars.
Sometimes there is a better deal to be had by spending the local EC dollar. I found that sometimes the price is jacked up when using US dollars.
5. Plan long days, and eat dinner late at Ti Kaye.
6. If you are staying on Friday night A must do is to go to the local town, Anse la Raye, for the Fish feast! A lot of fun, and you'll have a wonderful opportunity to meet others from the village, and from Ti Kaye.
7. Trust the staff at Ti Kaye. No one is trying to take advantage of you there. Ask questions about things to do, and what to avoid on the island. Experience both East & West sides of the island! there's a lot to see & do! have fun, and enjoy the service at Ti Kaye Village!
Any questions by Tripadvisor viewers: feel free to e mail me. If you go to Ti Kaye, I hope that you have just as a positive experience as we did! We Want to go Back!
A Special Thank you to everyone at Ti Kaye, including Jeanne, Cheryl, Joel, and Chef Paul!
Tom & Michelle
Fantastic Resort away from the main tourist dragfrom A TripAdvisor Member
No window screens , mosquitos in the mosquito nettingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
LOVED TiKaye Villagefrom CTJODenver_CO
Great stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
S PARADISEfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Picture-perfect honeymoon spotfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Ti Kaye is exactly what it looks like onlinefrom A TripAdvisor Member
This is a very secluded resort, so don't plan on getting taxis every night to go to dinner elsewhere. The road in to Ti Kaye is unpaved and takes a patient cab driver to maneuver. But don't fret because Ti Kaye's restaurant is excellent, serving up a different menu every night.
The beach is definitely one of the better ones on the island, which is why others drive or sail up to spend the afternoon there. Set up a water taxi with the front desk to take you from the beach to Marigot Bay for an afternoon. We highly recommend you eat at Chateau Mygo and then have drinks with your feet dangling in the water at the Shack.
(J.J.'s Paradise is a bit overrated)
Seafood Friday's in Anse Le Ray is tons of fun if you like to party.
Great food and drinks for dirt cheap prices.
The only bummers were: 1. Lots of mosquitoes. Wear bug repellant and be careful about sleeping with your doors and windows open.
2. The bar and dive shop down on the beach were only open intermittently.
As a side, the night we were leaving a family checked in to the resort.
This resort really doesn't offer much for kids and most of the guests are honeymooners. The pool is basic, the walk to the beach is 167 stairs, and getting in and out of the resort is time consuming. For these reasons, I wouldn't recommend those travelling with kids stay at Ti Kaye.
Top Local Tips for Castries
Just a warning to people who may have disabilities or problems with stairs There are 169 stairs down to the beach .......unfortunately there are also 169 stairs back up to the resort. The staff seemed willing to take people to the beach in a golf cart if needed, but once on the beach there are several stairs to get to the restroom near the beach.
The Biggest Mistake Use copious quantities of industrial strength sun screen. The nearly equatorial sun is much stronger than other, non-equatorial locations, and the biggest mistake we saw was some guests (especially those from Europe or Canada) not using suffficient amounts of sun screen or SPF early in their trip, resulting in uncomfortable or debilitating burns.
WEDDING PHOTOS We got married in St Lucia and we were very lucky because we found a great photographical studio for our wedding! the photos are the most important memory of an important moment! The studio wa www.reflectionsphotosandvideo.com: they are a family company with high quality and reasonable price!! They are honest, fiendly and kind but the most important thing is that they were able to look nice also me... usually I had a terrible face in a lot of shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other names for Ti Kaye Village Hotel
- ti kaye village resort st lucia
- ti kaye village hotel
- ti kaye village castries
- ti kaye village
- ti kaye
- Address: Anse Cochon GM 669 - Castries - St. Lucia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ti Kaye Village Hotel
- Discovery At Marigot Hotel Castries, St. Lucia Distance: 5.6 km / 3.5 mi
- Mago Estate Hotel Soufriere, St. Lucia Distance: 7.4 km / 4.6 mi
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries, St. Lucia Distance: 10.3 km / 6.4 mi
- Ladera Resort Hotel Soufriere, St. Lucia Distance: 10.3 km / 6.4 mi
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Golf Resort & Spa Hotel Castries, St. Lucia Distance: 10.5 km / 6.5 mi
- Jalousie Hilton Resort & Spa Hotel Soufriere, St. Lucia Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi
- Sandals Halcyon Hotel Castries, St. Lucia Distance: 14.5 km / 9 mi
- The Downtown Hotel Soufriere, St. Lucia Distance: 19.3 km / 12 mi
- Coco Kreole Hotel Castries, St. Lucia Distance: 19.4 km / 12 mi
- Bay Gardens Hotel Castries, St. Lucia Distance: 19.5 km / 12.1 mi
- Ginger Lily Hotel Castries, St. Lucia Distance: 20.1 km / 12.5 mi
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort Hotel Rodney Bay, St. Lucia Distance: 20.2 km / 12.5 mi
- Sandals Grande St Lucian Spa & Beach Resort Hotel Gros Islet, St. Lucia Distance: 20.8 km / 13 mi
- Bay Gardens Inn Hotel Castries, St. Lucia Distance: 20.8 km / 13 mi
- The Body Holiday At Lesport Hotel Castries, St. Lucia Distance: 23 km / 14.3 mi