Ottley's Plantation Inn Hotel, Basseterre
Reviews - Ottley's Plantation Inn Hotel
Read 215 additional reviews of Ottley's Plantation Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Basseterre
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ottley's Plantation Inn Hotel
Beautiful - but poor servicefrom MattDC
Exotic, relaxing and friendlyfrom CatznKidz
The inn arranged a guide for us to take us in a Range Rover to the base of Mt. Liamuiga and to hike with us to the top of the volcanic crater. It was something I will always remember and the massage afterwards in the Mango Spa in the rainforest next to the inn was amazing too.
Treat yourself and go to Ottley's...Try the Brimley's Vanilla Rum while sitting by the pool. This is the real deal and you will not be disappointed.
Lovely hotel, but......from A TripAdvisor Member
We were given the dinner menu after breakfast, and asked to select our meal for that evening, which we declined to do.
On the last day, there was a power failure, and we had to shower and pack in the dark! This was not acceptable bearing in mind the price we paid. I asked the owner's daughter to discount part of our bill, she said she would love to, but couldnt. Why not - she co-owns the place!
We were also told we would receive an offer of 'free nights' through the post - which, unsurprisingly, has not materialised.
The place needs new owners who are customer-focused!
The Owners need some Customer Service 101 Trainingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
For the cost of what you pay to stay here, you CAN do MUCH better and I strongly suggest that the owners wise up to the competition.
Another drawback here is Ottley's is remote and is a hike from the nearest beach. This did not bother us that much as we wanted peace and quiet, but for those who don't, Ottleys is not your place.
We really enjoyed Ottleysfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The grounds are simply stunning and our room, which was a detached stone villa with terraces and plunge pool, was excellent (to be honest I would advise couples to go for just half of one of these units providing you get the half with the plunge pool!).
We found the owners extremely friendly and very accommodating - our flight back to the UK was badly delayed and they offered to let us stay for an extra night at no charge should the flight have ended up being pushed back to the following day. In the meantime the front desk continued to phone the airport for departure updates and keep us advised accordingly - this meant that we left for the airport 3 hours later than we should have done and still checked in plenty of time for our return flight.
All the staff and to be honest everyone we met in St Kitts (with the exception of one of the receptionists and she seemed to be like that with everyone, including the owners!) were extremely helpful, genuinely friendly and made a tremendous effort to make our holiday a great one - which it was.
I guess you're probably now wondering why we didn't give Ottley's 5 Stars - so here's why
The location whilst picturesque is - as other reviewers have commented - a good $40 return cab fare away from Basseterre and the main beaches (they do provide a shuttle but its only twice a day, so its not very flexible). It is also very, very quiet so if you want entertainment you do need to go further afield to get it.
Whilst the food is very good, we never had a meal at Ottleys that we thought was "WOW", which, given its reputation, was a little bit of a let down. It was also a little annoying being asked for your evening meal selection at breakfast, but in the end we had no problems just saying that we weren't sure yet and that we'd decide later. One meal in particular was pretty unimpressive and we mentioned it to Nancy (one of the owners) but to be fair to the owners the next day a bottle of champagne and a note arrived at our room which was a nice touch.
These minor comments aside, however, overall we had a great time at Ottleys, would recommend it, and will certainly return there should we decide to revisit St Kitts in the future.
Wonderful Time!from apmejen
We loved St. Kitts, the atmosphere and the people. A trip to the Golden Lemon is a must as is golfing at the course near the Marriott.
Big, big disappointmentfrom Arborfieldmember
s Plantationfrom vmcintyre
Perfectionfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Paradise for a few days......from wolfman64
Top Local Tips for Basseterre
Our Hotel Shuttle Wonderful shuttle service but Airport very primitive and slow through immigration. Try and chill, Ottleys shuttle will wait for you.
Rent a Jeep! It's fun to rent a jeep and explore many of the beaches and bars in the area.
cricket wonderful international cricket ground in Bassetterre
Other names for Ottley's Plantation Inn Hotel
- ottleys plantation
- Address: Ottley's Village - Basseterre - St. Kitts and Nevis
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ottley's Plantation Inn Hotel
- Ocean Terrace Inn Hotel Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis Distance: 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Hotel Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis Distance: 8 km / 5 mi
- Sugar Bay Club Hotel Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis Distance: 9.5 km / 5.9 mi
- Frigate Bay Resort Hotel Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis Distance: 9.6 km / 6 mi
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis Hotel Charlestown, St. Kitts and Nevis Distance: 25.1 km / 15.6 mi
- Montpelier Plantation Inn Hotel Nevis, St. Kitts and Nevis Distance: 31.1 km / 19.3 mi
- Hermitage Plantation Hotel Nevis, St. Kitts and Nevis Distance: 32.6 km / 20.2 mi
- Sereno Beach Hotel St. Barthelemy, St. Barthelemy Distance: 61.9 km / 38.4 mi
- Carl Gustaf Hotel a Summit Hotel Gustavia, St. Barthelemy Distance: 62.2 km / 38.7 mi
- Le Toiny Hotel St. Barthelemy, St. Barthelemy Distance: 62.9 km / 39.1 mi
- Tom Beach Hotel St. Barthelemy, St. Barthelemy Distance: 63.1 km / 39.2 mi
- Holland House Beach Hotel Philipsburg, St. Martin Distance: 81.5 km / 50.7 mi
- Divi Little Bay Beach Resort Hotel Philipsburg, St. Martin Distance: 81.6 km / 50.7 mi
- Belair Beach All Suite Hotel Philipsburg, St. Martin Distance: 82.7 km / 51.4 mi
- Great Bay Beach Hotel and Casino Philipsburg, St. Martin Distance: 82.1 km / 51 mi