Normandie Hotel San Juan
Review - Normandie Hotel San Juan
There are currently no reviews for Normandie Hotel San Juan. Been here? Write a review
Historical Traveller Reviews of Normandie Hotel San Juan
Beautiful place; crapshoot managementfrom A TripAdvisor Member
One minor incident, Our toilet wouldn't flush but they repaired it within 20 minutes of our call.
Management and it inconsistency was the biggest problem. Sometimes the doorman was there, sometimes he wasnt. Sometimes the parking attendant was "with it", othertimes "out of it".
The billing system is weird. The total comes out ok but the itemization of the bill makes no sense. It appears that you are being charged for services you didn't access.
Good for an overnight, or business travel. Don't order anything from the hotel if you are the kind of person that looks at your bill prior to paying for it.
Shame on you PRfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We found a much better place to eat on Ashford St. called the Latin Star - good food and friendly service. The topper to all this was the last hour we were there the parking attendant tried to overcharge us for under one hour of parking. The beach area was dismal at best. We looked at the pool but never did use it. All I can say is shame on you PR for letting this hotel continue operating without cleaning up it's act.
Totally satisfied...lots of historyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The Normandie is a hotel of much history; and the service from chambermaids (housekeeping) to food service to front desk service was excellent. The hotel is not a rambling affair, easy to get around.
Front desk staff as well as the concierge could not have been more informative...thoroughly enjoyed our stay there during San Sabastian Festival. We stayed for five days and would without hesitation stay again.
We stayed in room 307, ocean view.
Getting an unfair bad rap on this sitefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not a resort, but good value otherwisefrom A TripAdvisor Member
OK for the price.from A TripAdvisor Member
Normandie did not delivered on (website) promisefrom A TripAdvisor Member
On the bad side, the hotel's air conditioning system is noisy, unreliable (there seems to be only 2 settings: freezing, or not working.........at least in room 713). My travel mate and I requested room with 2 beds (2 REAL beds, anyway), and only got 1 king, and a convertible sofa. No other rooms were available. Also, the website shows a photo of 2 tennis courts alongside the hotel, and they list tennis as one of the available activities, a BIG reason why we chose to stay there.......but they don't tell you the courts belong to the Caribe Hilton next door, who wouldn't let us use them. Lastly, the "scuba diving headquarters" are NOT. They have no real access to good diving, and have limited equipment and personnel. Try some of the island's real specialists for scuba (like in Fajardo or Rincon)
Their "private beach" is a tiny 50' x 10' strip of wet sand, cut off from the open sea, and only accessible off the hotel grounds through a locked gate with a security buzzer!!
The pool area was OK, with an abandoned and unused bar, lacking any poolside service, a pity if you want to really "service" your guests.
While the people at the Normandie, and in the various bars and restaurants in the area are friendly and welcoming, I can think of plenty of other places in the Caribean I'd rather go to. It may be a better place for families that want a controlled area, by the water, and close to town.
Personally, I won't be back at the Normandie anytime soon.
Not happyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The stay at this was Horrible, I will never stay here again!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
A good bargain!from pstar11
Top Local Tips for San Juan
Historical fun. Give yourself enough time to visit the old spanish forts, and visit old san juan.
Driving is Easy I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to drive in San Juan and the surrounding area. We drive to El Yunque and then to the airport and had no problems at all. The road signs have little if any English. but it was not an issue at all. This was much more economical and interesting than going on a guided tour in my opinion.
Taxi There were plenty of taxis in front of our hotel. Negotiate a rate to rent one out for the day.
Hotels Near Normandie Hotel San Juan
- Caribe Hilton Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Regency Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Hotel Miramar San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Olimpo Court Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Excelsior San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Comfort Inn Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- El Canario by the Lagoon Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Embassy Guesthouse Condado Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Hotel el Portal San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Las Brisas Del Condado Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Radisson Ambassador Plaza Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Wyndham Old San Juan Resort Hotel San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi