Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel, Rincon
Reviews - Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel
Read 133 additional reviews of Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Rincon
Historical Traveller Reviews of Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel
s always quiet!!!from JetFumes
The food is a whole other story. Dinner is like eating at Resturant Daniel, or at Picholine or something of that level. Every night was fabulous, extraordinary. It's heavy eating, no doubt there, but that's true french cuisine. it's also such a pleasure to not have to worry about where we're having dinner every night. Vacation dinner/resturants are spotty at best. Here, nothing is less than delicious!!!!!!
I have no complaints, but if you are a truely hypercritical person, you can find something a bit off at the best of the best places. So,here goes:
1.Long time for hot water to come up.(yeah, like I was in some hurry anyway....)
2.Only have Jose Cuervo Tequila(for the tequila snobs)
3.slight noise from the renovations on the new "residence"portion of the property being developed(this will be done soon though and I think the men only work about 3 hours a day b/c thats the length of time I heard the noise only if I was near that side of the resort)
4.No Television/sterios/clocks, oops, sorry that a good thing here.
5.Directions to web site are vague coming from San Juan, but then again, if you are coming here, you should be a true jet setter and hop the short flight from san juan(20 minute flight or 2.5 hour drive)
6.I did get eaten up at night by the mosquitos, so use the deet they provide(yeah that comes with the villa).
The funniest part of the day comes after Tapas hour and just before dinner. Every night after I took a shower and was wearing just my towel there was a knock on the door. Two young girls would offer me fresh towels. Even if I didn't need them, I took em.. I started calling the two girls my girlfriends, "oh, my girlfriends are here honey". My wife thought that was funny for about a day. We were there for 6. Best part of the day was having them serve us dessert in our room. We would eat it while taking a late night dip in our private pool.
Any hesitation about this place, you shouldn't have one. This is not the Puerto Rico you know(Isla Verde, etc.)
Almost Heaven!from A TripAdvisor Member
All that being said, my wife and I look forward to many return visits.
New Years at Horned Dorsetfrom A TripAdvisor Member
- the staff is the best we've ever encountered in the caribbean. pro-active, always willing to help in any way possible, and very warm.
- the food at the restaurant was excellent. there was always a choice of 3 entrees, appetizers, soups, so there was something for every taste.
- at the present time, only the 22 Primavera Suites are open while the other parts of the hotel are being renovated. this means that the property was very uncrowded. on our last day (jan 3rd) they resumed work on the refurbishment. we heard light hammering, no drills or saws. before booking you should check into the status of this work to make sure it does not intrude on your holiday.
- the grounds and facilities are a perfect combination of old and new. the primavera suites are beautiful, modern, luxurious. the main restaurant has an old world feel that gives the place an added dose of charm and atmosphere.
- we've stayed at many resorts in the caribbean, including ritz carltons, four seasons, caneel bay, etc. and prefer the horned dorset over all the others.
perfect vacationfrom manuelrincon
Greatest food in the Caribbeanfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Fell in love all over againfrom A TripAdvisor Member
my only warning - watch out for the mosquitos : ) - came home on the plain itching like crazy!!!!
Simply Incrediblefrom A TripAdvisor Member
I must say I had some special requests throughout my stay and the team did everything to get me what I needed.
Besides the fact that the property was absolutely gorgeous down to every detail, the service was enthusiastic and sincere. Often times you may get service with a fake smile at many different hotels/resorts but everyone at this place was here to serve with a genuine smile.
If you're flying into SJU I recommend renting a Jeep and driving to Rincon. The drive isn't bad and is actually quite beautiful once you hit Aguadilla and start heading south. Also I recommend the 4pm horseback riding in Isabella (Horned Dorset people will hook it up). Once you take the horse over the hill onto the beach in the sunset, you'll never be the same. Also, with a little luck you may get to gallop which is such a rush.
Died and went to heavenfrom CHRISCASEY
disappointing menufrom cashewmagpie
While we forgave you the first 3 nights of our stay but after seeing the yellow fin tuna 5 nights out of 7, our patience grew very thin.
We were only offered a choice of 3 main courses, none of which were ever a juicy lobster. The closest we came was a king crab appetizer.
Your ceviche was rather good, but to be offered this ever night was both careless and repetitive.
It appears that cutbacks are being made in your multi starred french kitchen, and for this i am saddened.
Your staff was flawless and forever generous.
Please reflect on the nature of your menu. The kitchen is one area in which one ought 'never' to cut back.
horned dorset a bit of paradisefrom A TripAdvisor Member
As far as food (we are driven by our stomachs so very important to us)-
Dinner is great. Upstairs is like eating at a five star restaurant. Downstairs is a little less stuffy, which I prefer but the food just as excellent.
Lunch was okay, we always wanted fresh fish w/ some rice and beans and plantains- a little local flavor- but all they had were sandwhiches and other basic menu items.
With that said.
The guys at the front desk are a mess. Their energy is nervous and all over the place. The night before our last we asked for our bill and they said they would send it over to us. We waited and even called the office and talked to someone again. We never got a bill!!! Even after calling from NYC!! The only time we knew our balance was when we got our credit card bill.
But sometimes you have to take a glitch and see how it weighs in with the rest of the experience...
We had a wonderful 8 days and came home very happy and zen.
Top Local Tips for Rincon
Rent a car & explore. Be sure to rent a car while in Rincon...lots of things to see
Get out there The food at this hotel is very good but very expensive. Get out there and try some local food. There are some great places to eat that are close to the hotel such as Kaplash, a very low-key place with great seafood turnovers. We also like Smilin' Joe's at the Lazy Parrot.
Get out there The food at this hotel is very good but very expensive. Get out there and try some local food. There are some great places to eat that are close to the hotel such as Kaplash, a very low-key place with great seafood turnovers.
Other names for Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel
- horned dorset primavera rincon
- horned dorset primavera hotel
- horned dorset primavera
- horned dorset
- Address: Carr 429, Km 3 - Rincon - 00677 - Puerto Rico
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel
- Lemontree Waterfront Suites Hotel Rincon, Puerto Rico Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Coconut Palms Inn Hotel Rincon, Puerto Rico Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel Rincon, Puerto Rico Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- Casa Vista Del Mar Hotel Rincon, Puerto Rico Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Casa Islena Inn Hotel Rincon, Puerto Rico Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Holiday Inn & Tropical Casino Mayaguez Hotel Mayaguez, Puerto Rico Distance: 14.3 km / 8.9 mi
- Villa Montana Beach Resort Hotel Isabela, Puerto Rico Distance: 27.2 km / 16.9 mi
- Parador Villa del Mar Hau Hotel Isabela, Puerto Rico Distance: 30.7 km / 19.1 mi
- Parador El Guajataca Hotel Quebradillas, Puerto Rico Distance: 36.2 km / 22.5 mi
- Parador Pichi S Hotel & Convention Center Ponce, Puerto Rico Distance: 54.3 km / 33.8 mi
- Melia Hotel Ponce, Puerto Rico Distance: 72.6 km / 45.1 mi
- Hilton Ponce & Casino Hotel Ponce, Puerto Rico Distance: 75.6 km / 47 mi
- Hyatt Hacienda del Mar Resort Hotel Dorado, Puerto Rico Distance: 99.8 km / 62 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Dorado del Mar Beach Dorado, Puerto Rico Distance: 102.5 km / 63.7 mi
- Hotel El Convento San Juan, Puerto Rico Distance: 118.9 km / 73.9 mi