Barcelo Bavaro Palace Hotel, Punta Cana
Reviews - Barcelo Bavaro Palace Hotel
Read 197 additional reviews of Barcelo Bavaro Palace Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Punta Cana
Historical Traveller Reviews of Barcelo Bavaro Palace Hotel
5 daysfrom A TripAdvisor Member
What a great resort!from A TripAdvisor Member
Upon arrival, we had absolutely no trouble getting checked into our rooms. We even got the beach front view we had requested. Our room service was also incredible. Everyday our made would leave us little surprises, like flowers on our beds. (We were leaving small presents in the mornings before leaving our rooms for the day...anything from hotel shampoo bottles to old jewellery).
The beach was incredible and there was so much to do. I highly recommend the sea snorkelling. It's only 5$US and totally worth the money. There was also a tone of entertainment (Spanish classes, aerobics, dance classes). The Tropicallisimo shows are also a definite must see!
As for the food, the Mexican restaurant did cause us to be a little sick, but nothing that lasted more than a few minutes. La Uva and the Steak House were awesome. Who can ask for more than surf and turf for every meal!
Overall, we had an amazing time. Drinks were good, staff was very friendly, everything was super clean and we met lots of nice people. I would recommend this resort to everyone and would gladly go back anytime!!
they take care of you so welfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Wouaaaaaaafrom A TripAdvisor Member
Thanks to all people whom contribute to make this holidays so great and unforgetable to me... !!!!
Je vous embrasse tous !!!
Fanatastic Timefrom A TripAdvisor Member
This place was great!from A TripAdvisor Member
1. Water snakes? What water snakes? I didn't see one the whole time. I did see a bunch of gar fish, maybe that's what people were calling snakes.
2. From many of the pictures you can see black patches in the water. This is sea grass, so it's not floating in the water. I'm not particularly fond of walking through that stuff, but there were plenty of places to go in the water without having to step in the grass. THe beach was just beautiful.
3. I cannot figure out why some people say the food stinks. The food was great. There was literally dozens of food to choose from at the buffet restaurants. You simply cannot go wrong unless you're used to eating caviar and filet mignon every day of your life. People who say the food stinks are being extremely picky.
4. The one "negative" thing that I WOULD agree with is the alcohol. I have to admit that it was a pain having to ask for rum in a strawberry daiquiri. But in all honesty, if you were persistent, you got what you wanted. I would certainly not let that steer you from this place.
5. The grounds were beautiful, and there were 5 hotels in the complex. Only one of them you couldn't use their amenities (the Beach Palace), but that's because it's a 5 star hotel and the other 4 are only 4 stars. In case, outside of the Palace, you could eat at any restaurant in any hotel, and the hotel made it easy to go from one hotel to the other because they had a train that would take you around the grounds. Very convenient.
6. The people who worked there were extremely nice, but I have to admit that if you were nice to them and smiled, it was returned. I've seen people (Americans) treat wait staff like dirt, so if the wait staff at the restaurants wasn't nice, I have to wonder whether the customers are giving them an attitude.
7. The beaches there are beautiful. They are littered with palm trees, and none of the hotels are taller than the trees, which makes for a beautiful view when you're anywhere on the beach.
In any case, this place is fabulous, and so worth the all-inclusive prices you get. This was my second time in Punta Cana and my first at this resort. I have been to Acapulco, Cancun, and Costa Rica, but this place is definitely the most beautiful. If you're looking for wild nights though, this isn't the place - go to Cancun instead. However, if you need some time to relax and check out of the crazy rat race, this is definitely the place for you.
Lots to do here, great pricefrom DoonyBoy
Always Entertainedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Perfect!! only Fantastic, Terific!!from A TripAdvisor Member
go to this place, you will never want to go back home!!!!
Great resortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Punta Cana
weather, taxi, attractions it was overcast until around 10am every day & a couple of days for all day & windy all day. a 5 minute taxi ride to the overrated palma real shopping mall (joke) was $8 + $2 tip = $10. actually enjoyed the carribean festival excursion for snorkelling & swimming with nurse sharks & holding manta ray there really isn't too much else to see or do in punta cana. do not rent your own car as they have no rules/laws of the road.
Transport to your hotel No need to prebook and pay $40. There were plenty of taxis when we arrived, but we had prearranged. We asked the hotel bellman how much a taxi to the airport cost: $25.00. We tipped in both cases, so definitely came out ahead with the cab on the way back. And that driver at least attempted some conversation with us.
Not to be offended Some topless sunbath can be seen on the beach
Other names for Barcelo Bavaro Palace Hotel
- bavaro beach resort
- bavaro beach hotel
- barcelo punta cana resort
- barcelo punta cana
- barcelo bavaro punta cana
- barcelo bavaro beach resort punta cana
- barcelo bavaro beach resort
- barcelo bavaro beach punta cana
- barcelo bavaro beach hotel
- barcelo bavaro beach
- barcelo bavaro
- Address: Playa Bavaro - Punta Cana - Dominican Republic
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Barcelo Bavaro Palace Hotel
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 14.2 km / 8.9 mi
- Clubhotel Riu Bambu Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 9.4 km / 5.8 mi
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 9.5 km / 5.9 mi
- Iberostar Dominicana Hotel Higuey, Dominican Republic Distance: 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- VIK Hotel Arena Blanca Carretera Arena Gorda Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 7.1 km / 4.4 mi
- Iberostar Bavaro Resort Hotel Higuey, Dominican Republic Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Melia Caribe Tropical Hotel Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Dreams Palm Beach Hotel Higuey, Dominican Republic Distance: 6.4 km / 4 mi
- Punta Cana Resort & Club Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 14.8 km / 9.2 mi
- Natura Park Resort & Spa Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Tortuga Bay Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 16.4 km / 10.2 mi
- Grand Oasis Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Hotel Higuey, Dominican Republic
- Hotel Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi