Casa de Campo Hotel, La Romana
Reviews - Casa de Campo Hotel
Read 278 additional reviews of Casa de Campo Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in La Romana
Historical Traveller Reviews of Casa de Campo Hotel
Greatfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Incredible golf, excellent tennis, marginal divingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
All in all, a fun trip, and a good chance to brush up one's Spanish.
Would we do it again? Probably.
Good overallfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Couples massage for 60 minutes was only $100 for both. Cheap!Food was good, but breakfast was exactly the same each day. The Buffet lunch was exactly the same each day. I have stayed at Couples Resorts, Sandals, and Superclubs. Dinner here was much better than any of those. One difference is that they give you a 'room card' and you 'charge' all your meals to your room. I can see how one might get 'billed' even though something should have been all inclusive. The resort did a good job at telling us which restaraunts were included in the plan and which one weren't. Also some items on the menu aren't really included. our plan included Soup, Salad OR appetizer + main course + dessert + alcohol. IF you ordered a soup and a salad, you will get billed for one those. (or a soup and an appetizer, or two entrees, or two desserts, etc)
Loved the service and cleanlinessfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We made our reservation directly to the hotel and we stayed in an Excel Villa. The villa was beautiful, we had a jacuzzi AND a pool. We also had a private jacuzzi in a very private patio located just outside of the master bedroom's bathroom. We had a maid and a buttler asigned to our villa and they worked just for us for 8 hours a day...EVERYDAY.
They prepared us homemade breakfast and I asure you in one of the best touches this resort has. We did not have to do anything in our villa because or maid and buttler where there just for us preparing coctails and snacks. On the second day we met Linda, the Housekeeping Manager.
She, along with her staff, prepared a suprise for us one evening....They covered our bedroom with flowers and candles !!. I want to congratulate the housekeeping staff because they're very well trained and made us feel very important. Special thanks to Linda. She took very good care of us and made our Honeymoon so special that we will never forget it. This is the best honeymoon one could ever get!.
We will return everyday to celebrate our anniversary. We highly recomend this hotel to everyone.....specially if you like this kind of surprises we just got.
Best resort in the Caribbeanfrom A TripAdvisor Member
wondeful!!from A TripAdvisor Member
The Casa de Campo was highly recommended and it did not fail us.
Everything about it was wonderful!! I read all the reviews and found some complaints could be valid but please stop complaining about the language barrier, you are not in the US anymore. The whole point of going out of he country is to enjoy a new culture...RELAX!
Protect your valuables!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Strongly suggest reserving a golf cart for transportation. When you visit the beach or the pool they will park your cart and give you a slip with the cart #. Expect carts to be switched occasionally. The attendants have trouble transposing the cart numbers (324 for 342, etc.)
The beach is beautiful but don't go in the water. Shallow, covered with rocks, coral, and sea urchins
We left our cash and jewelery in the safe in the room. Someone entered the room and stole about half of the cash and 1/3 of the jewelery. They were smart in that they left enough behind so that we did not notice until we got home and unpacked. Although we lost the most, several others in our group reported items missing. Don't expect any help from the hotel. We have made numerous telephone calls and e-mails to the hotel, guest relations, and security. They have not made any effort at responding. We are out about $4,000.
If you are brave enough to go, don't take any jewelery. They have ATM's on site for cash.
Restaurants: good food, slow service.
Pool bar: great; ask for either the Casa De Campo (drink) or Teeth of the Dog.
Lunch: Minitas beach overlooking the ocean.
Would we go again? NO
wonderfulfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The best vacation everfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for La Romana
ground transportation there is no need to rent a car....fly into Santo Domingo and take Tropical Tanours...THe ride was about 1 hour and generally pleasant....not the hassle I was expecting
winter break stay away from VIP transportation from and to the Airport , they simply ignore you if you have a pre paid transport you still will be gettig a taxi and pay yourself ..... good luck arguing with the travel agency
Communicating. Many of the people...even in the mainstream of interaction with the public..do not speak English fluently enough to understand your questions. So...take along a basic Spanish/English dictionary. We had a flat tire once and finally had to take the butler outside and show it to him so that he would understand our question about who to call! Better yet, brush up on your Spanish before you go. They are thrilled when you try to communicate with them in Spanish. They are happy to help and serve you and letting them know that you are pleaed with their service is greatly appreciated by them.
Other names for Casa de Campo Hotel
- casa del campo dominican republic
- casa del campo
- casa de campo hotel
- casa de campo dominican republic
- casa de campo
- Address: La Romana, - La Romana - Dominican Republic
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Casa de Campo Hotel
- Sunscape Casa del Mar Hotel La Romana, Dominican Republic Distance: 11.8 km / 7.3 mi
- Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace Hotel La Romana, Dominican Republic Distance: 13.6 km / 8.4 mi
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel La Romana, Dominican Republic Distance: 15.5 km / 9.6 mi
- Oasis Canoa Hotel La Romana, Dominican Republic Distance: 15.9 km / 9.9 mi
- Majestic Colonial Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 61.1 km / 37.9 mi
- Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 62.8 km / 39 mi
- Barcelo Colonia Tropical Hotel Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic Distance: 49.5 km / 30.7 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic Distance: 49.4 km / 30.7 mi
- Barcelo Capella Beach Resort Hotel Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic Distance: 48.1 km / 29.9 mi
- Punta Cana Resort & Club Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 62.4 km / 38.8 mi
- Barcelo Bavaro Palace Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 64 km / 39.8 mi
- Tortuga Bay Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 61.8 km / 38.4 mi
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 62.7 km / 39 mi
- Natura Park Resort & Spa Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 66.2 km / 41.1 mi
- Sivory Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Distance: 57.9 km / 36 mi