Turtle Beach Resort Hotel, Bridgetown
Reviews - Turtle Beach Resort Hotel
Read 1042 additional reviews of Turtle Beach Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Bridgetown
Historical Traveller Reviews of Turtle Beach Resort Hotel
Not as bad as I thought it would be...from A TripAdvisor Member
Whats the problemfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Turtle Beach was not worth the moneyfrom Roberta64
The rooms were called suites but they were definitely too small for 2 adults and 2 kids(10 & 12). The rooms were ok but nothing to write home about. The food was only average at best. The beach was nice but crowded. The service was terrible-especially during the first days when they were booked-it got better the last day because the resort emptied out. The worst part of the resort was the women who worked there. I never saw one smile from them. They were mostly rude and couldn't care less about you. I would not go back. I have traveled to many islands and have stayed in many hotels but cannot say this one would make my top 20 list.
Not perfect, but one of the best!from goliard
Depends on how busyfrom bax52
The staff are either VERY surly or VERY nice. The rooms need sprucing up too. For the first seven days it was great. The hotel was very quiet (40% full) and the service was very good. Then all hell let loose. It went to 100% occupancy for the last three days and the service went to hell. No sunbeds, panicing/rude staff, no availablity in the restaurants, queues at the bars. Dirty beach. Nightmare.If its quiet, you'll be ok. if busy, watch out.
Definitely Worth the Moneyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
First, the water didn't get all that hot all the time. In fact, it only got hot one day while we were there. It was warm enough to take showers. Second, the a la carte menu was very limited and the food from the a la carte wasn't anything to write home about. Finally, the birds at times were very annoying. Besides that, I would definitely return to Turtle Beach. The accommodations were excellent. We had a one bedroom suite and the view was breathtaking. The beach was wonderful and we didn't have to get up at 7:00 in the morning to get lounge chairs like some reviewers suggested. In fact, we went to the beach about 2:00 every afternoon and never had a problem finding lounge chairs. The service was above average. Everyone was friendly and attentive. The buffet food was superb. The drinks were plentiful and satisfying. We got all this for a very reasonable price. We'll definitely return to Turtle Beach because Barbados is a beautiful island and we would suggest that you do the SAME!!
Great time hadfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Worst staff in the world!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Fantasticfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Fell in love with Turtle Beach and Barbadosfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Bridgetown
Holiday St Lawrence Gap is a great place to spend your time, good night life in the area
The Sea state, South v West ! The sea does tend to be rough here, especially from Feb to May but it's beautiful to look at, excellent for surfing & the sea bed is sandy with no rocks / coral to cut your feet on. You could not allow young children in the sea unaccompanied, the waves knocked me flat. However, we visited Crystal Cove on the West coast - here it is calm but some coral & rocks under foot & it was much hotter on the beach because the sea breeze is much gentler. Personally I liked being able to sit out in the sun at Turtle Beach with a strong breeze to keep you comfortably cool. Crystal Cove was also a very nice resort with lovely staff, but it's very small size I felt was maybe a little claustrophobic. The whole West coast of Barbados is very built up (though rarely high rise) & traffic on the coast road is often at a stand still. I loved Barbados - especialy the wild East coast, but overall I prefer Antigua, where, apart from Dickinson Bay & Jolly Bay, there tends to be only 1 hotel per beach / bay!!
Restaurants at Christ Church There are several excellent restaurants in waliking distance, along "The Gap". Definitely go to Pices. It looks like nothing from the street, but it is lovely on the inside, right on the water, and the food is great! Also, The Restaurant at South Seas is fantastic. Well worth the price.
Other names for Turtle Beach Resort Hotel
- turtle beach resort barbados
- turtle beach resort
- turtle beach hotel
- turtle beach barbados
- turtle beach
- hotel turtle beach
- beach turtle
- barbados beach resort turtle
- Address: Dover - Bridgetown - Barbados
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Turtle Beach Resort Hotel
- Barbados Plum Tree Club Hotel Worthing, Barbados Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Divi Southwinds Beach Resort Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 6.2 km / 3.9 mi
- Dover Beach Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
- Pirates Inn Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 7.2 km / 4.5 mi
- Worthing Court Apartment Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
- Accra Beach Hotel & Resort Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
- Almond Club and Spa Hotel Holetown, Barbados Distance: 8 km / 5 mi
- Island Inn Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 10.7 km / 6.6 mi
- The Crane Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 9.4 km / 5.8 mi
- Almond Beach Village Hotel Speightstown, Barbados Distance: 10.1 km / 6.2 mi
- Hilton Barbados Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi
- Mango Bay Hotel & Beach Club Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 12.6 km / 7.8 mi
- Peach and Quiet Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 14.1 km / 8.8 mi
- Crystal Cove Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 17.6 km / 10.9 mi