Crystal Cove Hotel, Bridgetown
Reviews - Crystal Cove Hotel
Read 618 additional reviews of Crystal Cove Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Bridgetown
Historical Traveller Reviews of Crystal Cove Hotel
Fantastic holiday at Crystal Covefrom JulesLeicestershire
Good but not Greatfrom A TripAdvisor Member
My main gripes about this hotel are the following:
1) The birds at breakfast time in the restaurant are a real nusiance. There is nothing to keep them out as the place has no walls. The birds fly in and out all of the time steeling food from left overs and sometimes fly onto the table you are sat on without a care in the world. On one occasion we saw a bird drink from the metal milk jug that had been placed for people at the next table to use in their tea/coffee which put us off immediately. My tip is to help yourself to a glass of milk from the milk flask near the fruit juices and use this for your breakfast beverage so that you know where it has been! We vistited the Colony Club Sister Hotel one day (very nice!!) and they have netting up to prevent birds entering the resaurant, don't know why crystal cove don't follow suit it would make things much easier.
2) The idea of "all inclusive" to me means you can get food and drinks whenever you want. Not true here. Yes drinks are availble all day from the cave bar, as much as you like, but food seems to be only available at the set meal times. This proved annoying one lunchtime when we had an excusion booked in the afternoon with 12:30pm pick up time. We wanted to eat at 12 but couldn't as no where was open and we had to cause a fuss in order to get some sort of food early, not all inclusive in my mind. Also afternoon tea you may as well forget. It is served at 4:30pm and meant to continue until 5:30pm, forget it if you arrive after 4:40pm as everything will have gone. Not because guests are greedy but because they provide for a hotel with a few hundred people staying there about enough food for four adults, poor show Crystal!
3) I saw no evidence of the Premium and Local drinks statement that was made in our brochuer with reference to alcohol in the cave bar. Drinks were free flowing but I didn't recognise a lable in site they had things like cheap Coconut Rum in place of Malibu, only local Bank beer and only local other drinks, however it did all taste quite good but when you think you have paid for something you expect to see it.
I had heard from another guest that the hotel was running at a loss due to Americans not travelling as a direct cause of 9/11 and that they were ahving to cut back until they put prices up next year, noyt sure if this is the case but it was apparent that food was rationed.
Putting these things aside the evening meals were excellent, very good quality, well presented and delicious. Pick Reflecttions rather than Drifters restaurant in the evening, although Drifters is very good for lunch.
Evening entertainment was really good also although I guess this is because there is not much else directly near the hotel.
Overall though you will enjoy your stay at the crystal cove it is very, very nice, just not luxurious.
Escape from the Cove..from Denalee
Better for families but still great funfrom JBHBoston
Family funfrom SWC_7
Everything was clean and tidy and the food was excellent in both restaurants. A tip get in early to get the best service!!There was live entertainment every evening although this could be heard from our room and was a little obtrusive.The best rooms are overlooking the beach and are worth paying the supplement. One bedroom suites have the main bedroom upstairs, the stairs are quite steep and have sharp tiled edges, be careful with small children.The beach is small and rocky although we did not find this a problem, there were more colourful fish to see!!Overall a very good hotel more suited to families than couples.
like paradisefrom bermanfrances
Fantastic honeymoon March 2004from A TripAdvisor Member
A fantastic week!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Dont miss out on the chocolate milkshakes - they are superb!!!I would definately return, we had a terrific week!
The staff were great.from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Bridgetown
Touring Get out and see the Island Take a catamaran trip . Don't wait to get there before booking day trips. We waited to long and each tour was booked. We ended up renting a car and made up our own tours.
'Rollok' the taxi driver We hired Rollok who is a taxi driver affiliated to Crystal Cove. He is a true Carribbean gent and we had him for a few hours to take us to an old plantation house. He waited for us and brought us back. Great value for money and lots of Bajan tips and stories en-route.
Sports Bars. Wendys bar shows sky sports football and is about a 10 minute walk from Crystal cove resort. Marshall's bar (for cricket fans) is a 5 minute taxi ride away and you can get great value food there.
Other names for Crystal Cove Hotel
- crystal cove saint james
- crystal cove hotel
- crystal cove barbados
- crystal cove
- Address: Appleby, St James - Bridgetown - Barbados
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Crystal Cove Hotel
- Treasure Beach Hotel Holetown, Barbados Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- All Seasons Resort Europa Hotel St. James, Barbados Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Settlers Beach Hotel Holetown, Barbados Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Colony Club Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- Peach and Quiet Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- The Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 5.2 km / 3.3 mi
- Tamarind Cove Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 5.4 km / 3.3 mi
- Mango Bay Hotel & Beach Club Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 5.9 km / 3.7 mi
- Discovery Bay Beach Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Almond Beach Village Hotel Speightstown, Barbados Distance: 7.5 km / 4.7 mi
- Hilton Barbados Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
- Island Inn Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
- Almond Club and Spa Hotel Holetown, Barbados Distance: 9.6 km / 6 mi
- Worthing Court Apartment Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 10.5 km / 6.6 mi
- Accra Beach Hotel & Resort Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 10.7 km / 6.7 mi