Bougainvillea Beach Resort Hotel, Bridgetown
Reviews - Bougainvillea Beach Resort Hotel
Read 819 additional reviews of Bougainvillea Beach Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Bridgetown
Historical Traveller Reviews of Bougainvillea Beach Resort Hotel
November is a great time to gofrom A TripAdvisor Member
Restaurants that were our favourites were- watersedge next boor to bougainvillea, harlequin and best of all Josefs(but not for those on a budget) Food here as good as ive had anywhere in the world. We did try leroys van and were pleasantly surprised, lots of food for little money Bougainvillea not as close as you would think to the gap where all the action and restaurants are so you need to budget for 2 taxi rides per day Approx 24 BDS-£8 Rum factory a nice morning visit. Harrisons cave fabulous but flower cave a waste of time. (and rather like Royston Vasey) Best day out by a long way was the land 4X4 safari, havent laughed so much in ages and if you do go and you get Junior as your driver then GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!! We had a tour on Catamaran Tiami-excellent again. Swam with huge turtles, lots of free alcohol and great lunch. We found as it was November places were busy but not crowded like they would be after December, there were very few children which was a great plus for us and people were very relaxed and staff had time to spend with you. We had a great time at Bougainvillea, we dont tend to return to places as there are more fabulous places out there but for those of you planning a trip you will love it.
Bougainvillea Beach Resortfrom LoveBarbados
dream wedding at bougainvilleafrom A TripAdvisor Member
trish and simon fisher
Loved the resort!!!!!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Our wedding at Bougainvillea Resortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I cannot say enough about the staff at Bougainvillea Resort!!! Everyone was so accomadating and friendly. It was very clean and very well run.
We made a lot of friends there and ourselves and two other couples made an agreement to meet back there in 5 years! Avril was our wedding coordinator and we couldn't have done it better ourselves. She is an Angel and took care of everything. We'd go back in a heartbeat.
oh my god, i loved it!from A TripAdvisor Member
however, the food is good, and service was also very good. i recommend the carribbean shrimp. it's wonderfully spiced. the maid service is also excellent, as are the water sports provided by the hotel. what a wonderful vacation, the hotel was just as beautiful and spectacular as the rest of the island. each time a tour bus would pick us up for a daily activity people would ask all about the resort. i would go there again. paradise hotel has nothing on bougainvillea beach resort.
Essential info for budget travellerfrom Toosey
If taxi drivers charge you anymore, don't tip as they have over charged you.
Barbados dollar equals 50% US dollar and 33% GB sterling
Leroy has a small catering outside main entrance, excellent value for money, recommend his red snapper, bbq spare ribs and roast chicken.
dish plus 2 veg/ salad choices 12bds
Hotel is well furnished and fantastic location. good gym. water sports are well catered for, a firm but polite "no thanks" may have to be repeated to the sellers on the beach.
Check your itemised bill at check out, I was overcharged and when questioned they realised a mistake had been made and changed the bill.
St lawrence is not as busy as it was, the opening of some clubs elsewere have taken the trade away. Harbour Lights on wedesday is a good night out. USD15 drink as much as you like at the their beach party. Club Extreme good on Friday and Saturdays. The Boatyard is worth a visit on on Tuesdays
Great hotel - great pricefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Bougainville did not accommodate Handicappedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Internet reservationsfrom leggs
The Sand Acres is a bit more quiet and has a great ocean breeze to keep you cool. The staff at both resorts are friendly, helpful and always smiling. I did hear of other people having the same problems with their Yahoo reservations, so always be careful.
Top Local Tips for Bridgetown
September weather People told us not to go at the start of September as that was the rainy season however we saw not one drop of rain and the weather was beautiful so dont let what you hear put you off!
Eat at Champers It is a fantastic "local" restaurant highly recommended.
Restaurants St. Lawrence Gap has amazing restaurants including Restaurant at the Sea, Pisces. Make sure to check out Oistins on Friday night for great dining, dancing and drinking!!
Other names for Bougainvillea Beach Resort Hotel
- sand acres hotel
- sand acres barbados
- hotel bougainvillea beach
- bougainvillea resort
- bougainvillea hotel barbados
- bougainvillea beach resort barbados
- bougainvillea beach resort
- bougainvillea beach hotel
- bougainvillea barbados
- beach bougainvillea resort
- Address: Maxwell Coast Rd - Bridgetown - Barbados
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Bougainvillea Beach Resort Hotel
- Divi Southwinds Beach Resort Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Dover Beach Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Pirates Inn Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Worthing Court Apartment Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Accra Beach Hotel & Resort Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Island Inn Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
- Almond Club and Spa Hotel Holetown, Barbados Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- Barbados Plum Tree Club Hotel Worthing, Barbados Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Turtle Beach Resort Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Almond Beach Village Hotel Speightstown, Barbados Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
- Hilton Barbados Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 5.8 km / 3.6 mi
- Mango Bay Hotel & Beach Club Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 7.6 km / 4.7 mi
- Peach and Quiet Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 10 km / 6.2 mi
- The Crane Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 12.5 km / 7.8 mi
- Crystal Cove Hotel Bridgetown, Barbados Distance: 12.9 km / 8 mi