Beach Tower at Atlantis Hotel, Paradise Island
Reviews - Beach Tower at Atlantis Hotel
Read 1840 additional reviews of Beach Tower at Atlantis Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Paradise Island
Historical Traveller Reviews of Beach Tower at Atlantis Hotel
New Years in Paradisefrom rickhowe
Great for the right personfrom A TripAdvisor Member
It is expensive for just about everything, but you are paying for the experience. I found the staff to be pretty good considering what they had to put up with, there were alot of very rude people in their faces alot. I am a pretty relaxed person, so I had a great time.
If you take young kids, you need to watch them very carefully as the place is very big and lots of people. The pool areas are beautiful and watched really well by the lifeguards.
If you go in expecting personal service and cheap drinks you will be greatly disappointed, but if you relax and enjoy the experience the money will be well worth it!
Shabafrom A TripAdvisor Member
Beware of False Reviewsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Go out of the hotel, try Cafe Matisse for Italian (great food), too bad we discovered it our last night! The Atlantis should be embarrassed to serve the food they do, expensive or cheap, it wasn't worth any price, if you enjoy good food.
Hotel is nice, lots of children, lots of WASP types trying to fit in.
All Families all the Timefrom A TripAdvisor Member
rip-off cityfrom nantaska
Falsely Advertisedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
They asked us for our tickets then snapped at me for not having the atlantis tags on our luggage. finally by the limo, the limo driver asked me rudely again to take out my airline tickets and the atlantis package.
Finally arrived in front of the Royal Towers after 15 minute drive through the ugly city. I was disappointed with the average hotel rooms considering we stayed in the Imperial Club of Royal Towers.
The hotel is more like 1 grand hotel and 2 ugly bought out hotels joined as one. Atlantis advertises only Royal Towers in the photos by the way. The main Royal Towers halls are beautiful and very open. The over priced min bars auto charge your account if you touch anything. House keeping leaves your room open while cleaning another one. Unconfortable cold hallways made me run to our room ;p .
Nice modern casino sucked $200 out of my pocket. Once I won $50 but had to wait 45 minutes for them to pay me out and
only then they would id me.
The pool area with the mini beaches is a beautiful sight. The first thing I did was line-up for the water slide but before they let me go down I had to remove my watch and my gold chain. near the bottom, I flew out of the pipes hitting the bottom of the mini pool and no I'm not fat. I was bleeding pretty bad but the staff joked around telling me they can't find a bandage.
Oh did I mention you have to wear these id tags on your hand at all times when outside on the pool grounds? There is nothing to do later on in the day since they close everything except few overpriced Atlantis mall shops and few restaurants.
The second you leave the pool area and head for the beach, be prepared to be harassed. One of the locals convinced us to try jet skiing. He lowerd the promised time after we paid him.
For the duration of our stay the beaches were closed most of the time even though they had lifeguards on duty.
Get this: want to go anyway?, you have to walk off Atlantis beach and go where there is no lifeguards. GO FIGURE
Don't forget to return the towels early if you want to stay longer.
Dining real joke. All 21 restaurants are overpriced.
Did I say restaurants? What I mean is 16 fast food huts and 3-4 restaurants open at at time. Your best bet is the buffet. And I dare you if you're thinking of eating out in the city. The service is horrible and guess why? 15% is added to everything you buy/eat. Now thats brilliant ;o
Not the place to go if you want to be treated like a human being.
Avoid this! Rude staff and high prices will ruin your moodfrom A TripAdvisor Member
1. Staff, from bellman up to general manager, are rude, uncaring, and unhelpful. Complain enough and you'll have to endure a bored manager working through an "upset guest checklist" with a witness in attendance.
2. The prices are insane. Try $14 for pancakes (a la carte). How about $7 for a plain bagel with cream cheese. Never mind the restaurants (if you insist on eating in the hotel's restaurants get the meal plan). You'll be walking on eggshells to avoid causing wait staff any offense, because you'll fear how bad the service will be if you do.
3. Rooms are mediocre to bad. Definately avoid the low end of the three towers (Ocean tower I think). It's -awful-.
4. $15 for the taxi to drive you across the bridge into town (about 1 mile). Sure you can take the ferry but it's a 10-15 minute walk, and then you have to wait for the ferry to come (could be up to an hour depending on when you get there). We walked across the bridge several times -with kids- because we were so upset at the prices. No picnic. Oh! The "optional activities" would be great except you can't believe the prices! Like $360 per person for a half-day catamaran trip. Ugh.
5. It's crowded. Try finding a chair on the pool deck or beach if you don't get there when the pool opens. Never mind four chairs together.
6. They are constantly trying to sell you something. When we were there, every time we spoke to the desk staff we had to answer six questions about whether we wanted to attend a timeshare presentation in exchange for a $50 casino credit. Eventually I started haggling with them: I'd do it for an hour massage for two in the hotel spa. They wouldn't take the deal.
7. Plenty of bands, all playing Muzak (if I heard "Girl from Ipanema" one more time!!!). No steel drum or carribbean music -anywhere-. It was astounding.
1. The hotel itself is pretty incredible. The gigantic indoor/outdoor aquariums rival or exceed city aquarium attractions (e.g. Tampa Seaquarium).
2. There is basically one water slide with three flumes (fast, medium, slow). The kids loved it, and it was worth a ride or two for an adult.
3. Nice pools (if crowded).
For the same money, you could find a much more entertaining and relaxing holiday somewhere else.
Feel free to email me with questions about our stay at Atlantis.
cheesy! all the worst of disney and vegas in one place!from A TripAdvisor Member
Secondly, the staff is for the most part lazy and rude. The built-in 15% gratuity probably doesn't help that much. Try getting some service at meal time and good luck with flailing your arms about to catch anyone's attention. Room service?--you might think that this would be a solution. HA! I dialed room service for an hour non-stop one evening and no one even bothered to answer the phone.
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, this place smacks of the fakery and commercialism of places like Disneyland and Las Vegas. Who needs the real thing when you can put up a facade? Let me tell you, Atlantis is one big facade. If you were to give any of the walls a good kick, the whole house would fall down. Sure, the beach is decent...but you'll be barraged by people selling coconuts and hair wraps. That is, if you can find the beach for all the facade.
I am truly baffled as to why anyone would dream of vacationing here, let alone honeymooning. Why not just save your money and catch a cheap flight to Vegas?
Top Local Tips for Paradise Island
Be prepared to spend some money-otherwise stay home when visiting the Atlantis. Having traveled throughout the world this destination is over rated and a tourist trap. We would never return. The Atlantis is all about your money!!
Lock your luggage with an NTSA lock, or carry all valuable on wih you See above. I don't know if my IPod was stolen by a hotel employee whiile they stored \the bags for us for a few hours after check-out, or if it was stolen at the airport. I suspect the latter Most islanders go out of their way to be friendly, but every Nassau airport employee we met was downright surly..
Visit Atlantis on a day pass ... the resort is way, way overpriced Stay at a resort on Cable Beach, take public transportation to Paradise Island (only $1), and buy a day pass to visit Atlantis.
Other names for Beach Tower at Atlantis Hotel
- beach hotel paradise island
- beach hotel at atlantis
- atlantis royal tower
- atlantis resorts
- atlantis resort reviews
- atlantis resort paradise island
- atlantis resort bahamas
- atlantis resort
- atlantis paradise island hotel
- atlantis paradise island beach tower
- atlantis paradise island bahamas
- atlantis paradise island
- atlantis paradise
- atlantis island resort
- atlantis hotel paradise island
- atlantis bahamas reviews
- atlantis bahamas
- Address: Paradise Island, - Paradise Island - 4777 - Bahamas
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Beach Tower at Atlantis Hotel
- Sunshine Paradise Suites Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Comfort Suites Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Bay View Suites Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Paradise Harbour Club & Marina Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Riu Paradise Island Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Villas in Paradise Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Sunrise Beach Club & Villas Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Orchard Garden Apartment Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Nassau Harbour Club Hotel & Marina Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Harborside Resort at Atlantis Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Graycliff Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Compass Point Beach Club Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Hilton British Colonial Nassau Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 13.9 km / 8.7 mi
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 7.8 km / 4.9 mi