Hilton British Colonial Nassau Hotel
Reviews - Hilton British Colonial Nassau Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: Cayman Islands
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Nassau
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton British Colonial Nassau Hotel
Clean, calm and relaxingfrom SuzyB
horrific roaches, unhappy stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
A pleasant surprise...from emotionalbutterfly
Reading the reviews helped to prepare me. I knew to expect another $100 in taxes. However, I must say that the hotel is absolutely beautiful.
The personnel were extremely polite. Once you get over how small the rooms are (that takes some getting used to...), things go a lot better.
I had to call maintenance for 3 small things (such as operating the inroom safe, fixing the shower head that I broke and fixing the remote control). Each time, they arrived within 15minutes. The hotel is located in a prime area for shopping and easy access to tours. The negative side: the mattresses were too firm for my liking. That was my only complaint that relates to the hotel itself. The country itself was interesting. Paradise Island and Nassau are better places to stay(rather than Cable Beach) if you don't plan on renting a car. The zoo is beautiful and fun. The outer islands were especially beautiful.
I definitely would go back but would probably stay on Eleuthra or one of the outher out islands. The bottom line: the hotel taxes are not exclusive to the hilton, they are everywhere. Most places, the people move at a slow pace. I felt a lot safer than I anticipated. And never, ever pay full price at the straw market.
Vacations at British Colonialfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Staff has been nothing less than professional, friendly, courteous and repeatedly gone out of the way to see that we enjoyed our trip. I have seen this done to many hotel guests, not only ourselves. In addition to the above, the hotel is so conveniently located to our needs and the accomodations and what the hotel offers is extremely satisfactorily to us. Now we have not travelled to Nassau since the Hilton now owns it, however, once we get our finances together again, we will be back and WILL stay at the BC as we nicknamed it. We have to see what changes have occurred and we have been following up on the changes via the internet.. :-) I would highly advise visitors to try the BC. Thanks.
Great place!from A TripAdvisor Member
Location: downtown Nassau. Eveything is close, including the Straw market, restaurants, the beach, jewerly stores, and Paradise Island (which is overrated in my opinion/ 20 minutes cab ride).
The rooms: small, but very clean, with beautiful bathrooms. No insects.
We had a corner room, which was a little bigger than a regular room.
Hotel clientele: Business people, families, couples.
The beach: small, white sand, well maintained, good service. Downside: cruise ships and boats. However, water is clear and clean.
Service: Great. Always someone to help you if you need it. No harrasment from tour companies or timeshare people.
We just had a great time there, and would recommend it to any one!
Well worth itfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Its a very nice hotel and I would stay their again. I had a reservation at South Ocean Beach & Resort (see my review) and stayed at the Hilton insrtead.
I had no reservation at the Hilton and I think thats why I got such a good rate.
Great Placefrom chad57
Bad experiencefrom sunslave
An honest review over Labor Day weekendfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Disappointed...from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Nassau
Dining is overrated & expensive The recommended restaurants such the fish fry and Senor Frogs are both only ok and way overpriced.
Taxi or Public Transportation? Use public transportation. The jitney bus is easy and inexpensive. The taxis are very expensive and if you'r there for a week they will break you!
Beware of the taxi's Taxi fares are clearly posted outside of hotels and the airport. What they do not tell you is that, there are extra costs for more than 2 people as well as extra costs for luggage and weight of suitcases. Rip off! Most always tell you no problem for airconditioning and when they get on the road.. suddenly.. their aircondioner isn't working. We have learned the hard way. Tip: set a price and make sure the air is working BEFORE you get into the taxi.
Other names for Hilton British Colonial Nassau Hotel
- nassau hilton
- hilton nassau
- hilton hotel nassau
- british colonial hilton nassau
- british colonial hilton
- Address: 1 Bay Street - Nassau - Bahamas
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton British Colonial Nassau Hotel
- Compass Point Beach Club Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 8.9 km / 5.5 mi
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
- Graycliff Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 10.9 km / 6.7 mi
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Harborside Resort at Atlantis Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 13.2 km / 8.2 mi
- Nassau Harbour Club Hotel & Marina Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 12.5 km / 7.8 mi
- Sandals Royal Bahamian & Spa Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Villas in Paradise Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 13.6 km / 8.5 mi
- Sunrise Beach Club & Villas Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 14.2 km / 8.8 mi
- Hotel Riu Paradise Island Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 14.1 km / 8.7 mi
- Paradise Harbour Club & Marina Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 13.8 km / 8.6 mi
- Best Western Bay View Suites Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 14 km / 8.7 mi
- Comfort Suites Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 13.8 km / 8.5 mi
- Sunshine Paradise Suites Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 14.2 km / 8.8 mi
- Orchard Garden Apartment Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 14.2 km / 8.8 mi