Harborside Resort at Atlantis Hotel, Nassau
Reviews - Harborside Resort at Atlantis Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Relaxation Seeker
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Nassau
Historical Traveller Reviews of Harborside Resort at Atlantis Hotel
Awesome Vacation!from A TripAdvisor Member
1. Bring a folding, rolling soft-sided cooler and FILL it with food. We will bring Crystal Light or Kool-aid and leave canned soda at home next time. The water is fine for drinking or ice. The fridge has an icemaker in it. I froze pre-packaged deli meats and cheese the night before and put canned fruit and peanut butter and jelly in the fridge overnight and put them in the cooler just before going to the airport. I also froze bagels. They travel better than bread. Fold up the cooler and put it in the suitcase on the return trip.
2. Save tons of money by eating as much at your room as possible. We were extremely UNimpressed with the restaurants. ZioGigi's was pretty good, but $14 for a calzone? No thanks. That was one of the cheapest meals we found. They got real expensive from there.
3. Bring laundry detergent-powdered- and double Ziplock bag everything. They provide dishwasher soap and Joy for dishes.
4. If you don't need to drink beer, you can save LOTS of money there. $40 a case for local brew, and it wasn't good. Go to a duty-free liquor store and buy a bottle and fruit juice and make your own drinks.
5. Bring one full bottle of sunscreen PER Person PER week. Use it all!
6. Instead of taking a Taxi to Nassau, take the ferry and a bus- $4 as opposed to $20 for a taxi, but beware- the ferry stops at 6:30 PM and buses stop running at 7 PM so plan accordingly or take a taxi back.
7. In my opinion, the fish fry was a bust. Not worth the trip. Same with Nassau. I would stay on the island the whole time next time.
Atlantis was spectacular, but we have never been to a casino before. I would not hesitate to recommend Harborside to anyone- a real family friendly place with great service. I will definitely go back again soon.
Too commercializedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
All the comforts of home.from A TripAdvisor Member
Recommend this guide!from A TripAdvisor Member
The BEST vacation for familiesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Atlantis hotel and we took the bait!!! THE BEST DECISION we made in our
lives !!! 5 kids plus Daddy & me.
We bought a double lockoff unit and when we went back in May of '03,(we couldn't wait 'til our week in Oct ) we brought all 5 kids and the babysitter. A double lockoff means you get 2 beds, 2 sleeper sofas, 2 washer/dryers, 2 kitchens...well, you get the idea....A WONDERFUL TIME !!!!! Very courteous staff, quick to respond to every need, excellent accomodations, pools at Atlantis and Harbourside, clean, safe, the lagoon at Atlantis, the sea, they have it all and you can use everything free at Atlantis just as if you were a guest there, too...We have travelled everywhere, always with all the children, and have never found better. Went back in Oct '03, also, and plan on going back again this summer in addition to our week in late Oct....Discovery kids camp for younger kids, Club Rush for the teens, and so many water "things" to do...my kids went to the camps, Club Rush every day, snorkeled, parasailed, swam, and we all visited the movie theatre at Atlantis several times...Watch the video on tv and make a list of all the things you want to see...we've been there 3 times now in '03 and will be there twice, at least, during '04...the best resort ever !!! Bring cash, everything's pricey on vacation...don't buy souvenirs at Harbourside or Atlantis, but go to the straw market and get a load of $3 T-shirts for all the friends back home that can't afford to go...Drink the water at Harbourside, but not at Atlantis...I had food poisoning at Atlantis during my 1st trip there in '03...There could not possibly be more courteous people anywhere than the staff at Harbourside, and they remembered us months after we'd been gone;so did the attendants at Club Rush and Discovery camp...how great is that with the thousands of people going through there ! Shop at the grocery store in town ( the taxi driver knows where it is, and Soloman's (their Wal-Mart) for bathing suit emergencies, the basics..Don't rent a car-they drive like maniacs there and on the opposite side of the road !! The cabbies are GREAT if you are nice and they will give you the inside scoop for ANYTHING you need if you ask them!!! Been everywhere, seen it all, and this place is STILL the best !!!
t wait to go back.from A TripAdvisor Member
The staff at Harborside were wonderful, when I told them I was upset, they didn't ask what was wrong. They asked how they could fix it. I then said I didn't want to leave.
s a great tip, toofrom A TripAdvisor Member
Saved us a bunch of money. We loved the resort (ditto all previous reviews). HOpe this tip helps.
WOW - Just Amazingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
My 16 year old has already planned our trip for next year to include several of her friends! Go to Harborside @Atlantis...you will not regret it.
Harborside - The Perfect Vacationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
What a perfect vacation! The room was absolutely beautiful (with a view of the Marina & Atlantis), the weather was wonderful, and the people were most accommodating and friendly. Atlantis was good for entertainment, but we enjoyed just kicking back at the Harborside pool.
We took a rolling cooler with food as a carry-on, plus a suitcase full of food and water (which saved us hundreds of dollars). We ventured off to Nassau to the Straw Market and the Fish Fry and took the Voyager Dinner Cruise on the Viking Ship. We also went to the Blue Marlin for the fire & limbo show. We are already looking forward to our next trip to Harborside. We highly recommend it to anyone!
Harborside Resort fantastic vacation experience!from jansenKansasCity_MO
When they push you through the water . . . very cool. 3) Zio GiGi's - This Italian Bistro is in a strip mall directly to your right when you come off the bridge from Nassau onto Paradise Island. You should probably make reservations. The food was the best on the Island- no question. We are "foodies" and we still went there two nights. I recommend the Gnocchi w/3 cheese, mushroom risotto, and the chicken sundried tomato pasta. All were excellent- service was good- wine was resonable. Great value and meal. (We had too many mediocre meals at Atlantis to mention.) 4) Waterslides, aquariums, pools, ocean at Atlantis. The options really are amazing. I have never been content to hang out this much but they make it easy. Tips: Split food- not just to save money but the portions are huge. We went to Murray's Deli a couple times for lunch and could easily split a sandwich. Plus Murray's has refills on soda unlike other Atlantis restaurants. The Seafood buffet at Atlantis was average. I guess it is a bargain at $40pp but other than the one lobster tail allotted per person, everything else was lukewarm and typical buffet bland. Explore, explore, explore- go to the Ocean Club- visit all the lagoons, walk down the beach, visit Cable Beach, etc. There are so many options. Have a great trip!!!
Top Local Tips for Nassau
Dolphin Adventure Don't go to the on at Atlantis but rather at Blue Lagoon. Cheaper and more hands on with Dolphins. Catch it at the Ferry docks area. ( walk from Harborside or Atlantis)
Take a limo from the Airport It will cost you $40 for a family and bags to take the 35 minute cab ride from the airport - or $80 to take a beautiful stretch limo. Arrive in style and start the trip of right.
dining outside the resort you can walk over the bridge and go to the POOP DECK, or take a taxi to downtown(conch fritters). You will diversify your trip, in both food and culture,...while having a fabulous meal! You will also have a much needed walk after dinner!!!
Other names for Harborside Resort at Atlantis Hotel
- harborside resort paradise island
- harborside resort atlantis
- harborside resort at atlantis
- harborside resort
- harborside hotel paradise island
- harborside atlantis
- discount atlantis bahamas
- atlantis reviews
- atlantis harborside
- Address: 1 Marina Drive - Nassau - Bahamas
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Harborside Resort at Atlantis Hotel
- Nassau Harbour Club Hotel & Marina Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Sunrise Beach Club & Villas Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Villas in Paradise Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Riu Paradise Island Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Paradise Harbour Club & Marina Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Best Western Bay View Suites Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Comfort Suites Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Graycliff Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Sunshine Paradise Suites Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Beach Tower at Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island, Bahamas Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Orchard Garden Apartment Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Hilton British Colonial Nassau Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 13.2 km / 8.2 mi
- Compass Point Beach Club Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas Hotel Nassau, Bahamas Distance: 7.1 km / 4.4 mi