Jolly Harbour Villas Hotel, St. Johns
Reviews - Jolly Harbour Villas Hotel
Read 134 additional reviews of Jolly Harbour Villas Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in St. Johns
Historical Traveller Reviews of Jolly Harbour Villas Hotel
two thumbs down! Run, Run for your lives!!from A TripAdvisor Member
things were just very expensive. workers were very friendly, beach wasn't bad other then the topless bathers that my husband didn't mind but my daughters and I would rather not seen. and the same guy that i have read about in other reviews was walking around rubbing aloe on us, selling drugs and selling mags that he got from the lobby. I have never been to the caribbean before and thought that is the way that it just is but know better now since visiting other places since then. will never go back, take my advise and go some where else.
Amazing service, beautiful location, perfect choicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
(and it was a cheaper one with no ac). The grounds were very well kept and the staff was pleasant and helpful. We had a late flight out and we were given a shower villa to use at no charge so that we could clean up before we left. We would definitely stay here again. Food is really expensive everywhere, but the market is well stocked. You can pretty much find everything you would want- even morningstar veggie burgers and silk soymilk (weird and not tropical, I know!) The kitchen has everything you would need to prepare a meal, but be sure to try Coco's at the end of the beach. The view is awesome and the food is great too.
Also try OJ's- about 3 miles from JHV. The tables are right on the beach and it is pretty inexpensive for dinner. Rent a car for a day and drive around,relax and enjoy!
Typical Mediocre Caribbean Resortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
This is the Caribbean at its ugliest. The only thing that saved our holiday was the beautiful beach, but believe me, you pay for it.
Quality Food and Most Fun in Dogwatch Tavernfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Staff are really down to earth, helpful and genuinely care. A big thank you to Ian, for his warmth and advice. We forgot to get the T shirts but hopefully will be back soon!
The food is exceptional - especially Cajun Shrimps with Sweet Chilli Sauce - top marks to Nathan the Chef.
Wish I was there
very nice tripfrom Frosty01
Stay away from Jolly Diversfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Best Vacation ever!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
We took an Island tour, and our taxi driver Glenmore shared all of the Island history with us in order for us to appreciate what we saw. The catamaran cruise Circumnavagate w/Wadadli Cats and The Pirate Ship Cruise w/Jolly Roger Cruises was a great memory. Yes there were locals trying to sell you things on the beach, but if you remember that this is there life, it won't bother you because if you say no thank you nicely they will leave you alone. Best food and drinks was at the Castaways on the Jolly Harbour beach. Don't bother venturing over to Jolly Beach Resort (which is only a walk along the beach) to eat at Lidia's because when they found out that we were not staying at Jolly Beach Resort, they were not pleasant to us. So, if your going to spend the money on dinner, spend it at the Jolly Harbour Golf and Marina, because they have alot of great restaurants, and you will always get great service. Just sit back, relax, don't rush around and enjoy the views.
Excellent resortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Absolutely Beautiful!from A TripAdvisor Member
Pleasant, convenient, Priceyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
you need is right there.
There is a shopping center which houses two bars, a grocery store and four or five wonderful restaurants.
The villas sit on Jolly Harbour, a dregged out mangrove swamp which
despite its past in a beautiful place.
Jolly beach is walking distance from any villa. The sand is white and
is on the southwestern shore of the island, so there is little undertow
and manageable waves. On most days you can see Montserrat from the
beach which is still active and erupts most days. You may see a cloud
of ash above Montserrat during eruptions. There is little worry about
the Ash in Antigua since the winds blow it away to the west.
If you stay during the weekend and like to sail drop by F dock to join
the Jolly Harbour Yatch club for their weekend races, you can usually
find a spot on one of the boats and join in the after race festivities
later at the Dogwatch Bar.
Have a happy trip, regards Tom Bodine
Top Local Tips for St. Johns
Hurricane season in the fall They haven't had a hurricane for about 10 years, but the season doesn't officially end until December 1.
Downtown not safe to walk around at night We were warned by our cabdriver on the way to Papa Zouk's that the city is not safe to walk around at night.
Other names for Jolly Harbour Villas Hotel
- jolly harbour resort
- jolly harbour marina
- jolly harbour hotel
- jolly harbour antigua
- jolly harbour
- jolly harbor
- jolly beach
- harbour jolly
- antigua jolly beach
- antigua harbour jolly
- Address: Jolly Beach - St. Johns - Antigua and Barbuda
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Jolly Harbour Villas Hotel
- Long Bay Hotel Long Bay, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 7 km / 4.3 mi
- Occidental Grand Pineapple Beach Hotel Long Bay, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 7.3 km / 4.5 mi
- Coconut Beach Club Hotel St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 10.3 km / 6.4 mi
- Rex Halcyon Cove Hotel Dickenson Bay, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 10.3 km / 6.4 mi
- Jolly Beach Resort Hotel St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 9.7 km / 6 mi
- Carlisle Bay Resort Hotel St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 9.1 km / 5.6 mi
- St James's Club Hotel English Harbour Town, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 9.7 km / 6 mi
- Tradewinds Hotel Dickenson Bay, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 10.1 km / 6.3 mi
- Cocos Antiqua Hotel St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi
- Dian Bay Resort & Spa Hotel Long Bay, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi
- Galley Bay Resort Hotel St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 11.7 km / 7.3 mi
- Rex Blue Heron Hotel St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda Distance: 11.7 km / 7.3 mi
- Hermitage Plantation Hotel Nevis, St. Kitts and Nevis Distance: 81.1 km / 50.4 mi
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis Hotel Charlestown, St. Kitts and Nevis Distance: 89.6 km / 55.7 mi
- Montpelier Plantation Inn Hotel Nevis, St. Kitts and Nevis Distance: 83.9 km / 52.1 mi