Novotel Coralia Resort Hotel, Phuket
Reviews - Novotel Coralia Resort Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: Australia
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 704 additional reviews of Novotel Coralia Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Phuket
Historical Traveller Reviews of Novotel Coralia Resort Hotel
Great views and very cleanfrom mela1963
The only negatives were that I would not recommend this hotel for the elderly or families with very young children because of the amount of steps. This hotel is definitely value for money. If you are expecting 5 star resort you need to pay for 5 star. You are not paying 5 star.
Amazing views, best breakfast, very clean, traditional style,safe from tsunamis.from liondani
1)very very clean. Every day clean service.
2)All employess smile all the time and are very kind.
3)Traditional style.(In and out)
4)Amazing breakfast and dinner, unbelievable buffet.Much choices. Eat as you can :))
5)Three steps pools with also view to patong beach.
6)Feels safe from tsunami because the hotel is in a little hill. Citizens of phuket said us that the day of tsunami all people near to this resort runs there to save their lives.Thats why this resort was not build new again like many others.
7)Amazing and huge lobby.
8)Every day activities(like tennis lessons, painting, thai cooking lessons, karaoke, fitness etc.)
9)Welcome with a flower and a purple colored cool drink (I still dont know what it was:) )
10)The garden is very beautifull and good looking, gives you an exotic jungle feeling.
11)We were founding 2 flowers (orchidee) every day on our bed !
12)Very quite area, ideal for relaxing.
13)Near to the center of patong (15 minutes walk). 5 minutes to the beach
14) Dinner at the restaurant very tasty and romantik.
1) The aircondition is a little bit noisee
2) The furniture on the balcony seems a little bit old.
3) You can see from some details that the resort is not new and needs some restorations.
4) Old television model.(I was there September 2006)
5) You can see in some paths the old external aircoditioning units, they didnt hide them well.
6)Dinners, internet and other extras in hotel a little bit expensive compared with the prices in Thailand but very cheap compared with the prices in Europe.
7)At the spas side you can hear the street at the bottom of the hill.
8).Some rooms not in very good positions, not all rooms with seaview etc. (but that it is normal)
thats all... what can I remember right now :)
The only down side to the resort is it is built on a hillside and parts of it can be steep. Also there are no elevators and we stayed on the 3rd floor so we were forever going up and down stairs. The ONLY other downside is the price of drinks and meals in the resort, but thats what you expect in 4 star resort anyway. The free buffet Breakfast everyday was perfect, the pools perfect, the service perfect and the staff were the friendliest people i have ever come across. We went on 4 main 'tours' in our time there. Firstly we did the James Bond Sea canoe day trip which was AMAZING, and again, the service was second to none. We also went to Fantasea (cultural theme park) and had a fantastic time, went Elephant treking at the rehab centre just past kata beach (organised through phuket richard (-) and went on a day trip on the express boat to the beautiful phi phi island. I cant wait to go back there! Already planning another trip for next year! Fully recommend it!
credit card warningfrom rovver
war marred by a phone call from Citibank after we arrived home
to say our credit card had been skimmed in Thiland.
Fortunately we only used our card at the above hotel.
Presenting it at checkin and paying our account on checkout
We belive the card was coppied at checkin as the card
dissapeared from sight for a short period of time
So be warned dont let your credit card out of your sight
Below expectationsfrom alegriasu
1. The pools are great! you get perfect views of Patong beach and have a variety of depths to swim at.
2. Breakfast - Breakfast at the Novotel is delicious. There is a wide variety of international and local Thai cuisine. You can also sit outside and admire the views of the ocean while you enjoy food.
3. Room Decor - The rooms are tastefully decorated.
1. There was a male staff member in my room when the reception staff took me to my room. He didn't seem bothered as he continued to talk on his phone for a few more minutes. I felt that this was disrespectful of guests.
2. Tiny shower. The width of the shower is probably around 40 inches.
3. The entire resort is built on a hill so getting anywhere take a bit of work. This is not pleasant when the temperature and humidity are high.
4. No beach-front facility - The hotel is in Kalim Bay, which is not appropriate for swimming as it is quite rocky.
Fantastic Hotelfrom aussiejode
The resort is about a 15minute walk from the centre of Patong Beach and is a little oasis away from the busy streets, bars and clubs; we could fit 8 people in a tuk-tuk and pay 100-150 baht for the trip each way. At night time when it’s a bit cooler is only a 15min walk.
We tried a restaurant across the Street called Zaab’s that someone else recommended in these reviews, it was nothing more than a street stall with disgusting food. They served us one at a time and was by far the worst food any of us have eaten anywhere in Asia. There is another restaurant across the street further up the hill called Baan Rim Pa. It’s a very fancy famous restaurant with fantastic views. It was pricey for Thailand (around 1000 baht per person) but worth it, save your money get dressed up and go classy for one night.
Novotel perfect for Couples + Young familiesfrom KBirdi
Service was very good. Staff were very friendly. The bell boys definately deserved tips since they physically carry the lugagge via stairs in the absence of lifts etc.
The place is perfect for couples, honeymooners or young families. There are a number of stairs up and down the hilly arrangment of the residences so thats important to bear in mind.
The ambience is brilliant, this is the perfect tropical resort we see in the movies with lush landscaping, sun and poolsides.
Even though the prices for the restaurants are relatively cheaper, i would suggest taking a tuk tuk to the Patong strip and choosing good quality and much cheaper food or those Service charges will add up on your bills.
Theme Night buffets were 50-50, the Asian and Grill nights were great but the Mexican was a disaster.
The massage place is really nice and pleasant. However if you want cheaper yet more harder massages, I would suggest the Patong massage parlours which are maybe quarter of the prices.
Safety aspect : Unlike most of the 5 star hotels around, Novotel have high security checks for every vehicle which goes into the resort. This was very impressive.
If adventurous, I would suggest having an evening walk on foot to the Patong strip, it will take 15 minutes to reach the main Patong shopping strip from the hotel.
Taxi rides from here to the city or elsewhere are just maybe 100 Bhats more than the streets.
all smilesfrom sleepover
can't wait to go back there. highly recommended!
Novotel Phuket - One of the best!from MikeyK
I will definitely recommend the hotel to anyone wishing to stay there.
Just Loved the Novotelfrom Mellman
I will certainly choose to stay at the Novotel on my next visit to Phuket.
Top Local Tips for Phuket
tuk tuk only pay 100 bht or less for travel from main market in bang la road to novotel
Everything you want to do in Thailand You can experience everything Thailand has to offer from this destination. We went on elephant trek seen lady boys, experienced the beech and the obvisous night life could be seen.
Phuket shopping - no way Do your shopping in Bangkok before you get to Phuket otherwise you will end up like us and spend half your time in Phuket looking, but coming back with nothing and missing out on relaxation time.
Other names for Novotel Coralia Resort Hotel
- patong novotel
- novotel resort phuket
- novotel phuket resort
- novotel phuket
- novotel patong
- novotel hotel phuket
- Address: Kalim Beach Rd, Patong - Phuket - 83150 - Thailand
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Novotel Coralia Resort Hotel
- Radisson Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 15.9 km / 9.9 mi
- Phuket Boat Lagoon Resort Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 10 km / 6.2 mi
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 28.8 km / 17.9 mi
- Phuket Palace Resort Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 10.5 km / 6.5 mi
- Pearl Village Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 20.1 km / 12.5 mi
- Ramada Resort Karon Beach Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 10.3 km / 6.4 mi
- Thavorn Beach Village & Spa Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- Ao Chalong Villa & Spa Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 11.2 km / 7 mi
- The Bliss Hotel Kathu, South Africa Distance: 11.2 km / 7 mi
- Amora Beach Resort Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 11.4 km / 7.1 mi
- Nipa Resort Hotel Kathu, South Africa Distance: 1.5 km / 1 mi
- Malai House Hotel Karon, Thailand Distance: 6.5 km / 4.1 mi
- Orchidacea Resort Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 10.6 km / 6.6 mi
- Moevenpick Resort and Spa Phuket Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 6.9 km / 4.3 mi
- Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant Hotel Karon, Thailand Distance: 5.8 km / 3.6 mi