Karon Beach Resort Hotel, Phuket
Reviews - Karon Beach Resort Hotel
Read 18 additional reviews of Karon Beach Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Phuket
Top Local Tips for Phuket
Dining in Phuket 1. We tried a place that was highly recommended called On the Rock. It was our first night there. We ordered a sea food basket which was pretty unique since it’s steam and have a samplers of a few sea foods such as mussels (quite a few of them, about 8), a whole fried fish, a steam crab, 4 shrimps, 1 mantis prawn. If you are there, I would recommend you to try it, but personally, I’m not big on steam sea foods. The Pad Thai was spicy there, it was made different, worth a try. Fried rice was ok. I wonder may be we didn’t order correctly, but it didn’t impress me that much. Price was relatively expensive since we tried Lotus. 2. Lotus is a more expensive restaurant, the atmosphere and the way they sell sea food is different. You got to choose which fish you want and how big a lobster you want. They were all display at tanks on your way to the seating area. The cooking skills were good. We ordered a crab meat soup which I loved, if it’s less salty, it would be perfect. We had BBQ oyster and Tiger prawn that should be a must order. Lobster is a little over priced, but it was done nicely. We had the BBQ style and it was quite flavorful, but for $1000 baht, I should have ordered other seafood. Oyster and Tiger prawn was the best value. The Pad Thai was good too but the fried rice should be skipped. I didn’t try the pineapple fried rice but regular one, don’t order. I can do better than them. Both the mango fruit shakes and coconut fruit shakes were pretty good too.
Sailing in Phang Nga Bay Phang Nga Bay and the Andaman Sea are a superb sailing area. Upcoming, so abslolutely not overcrowded. Very varied in it's scenery. Phang Nga bay is a natural world heritage site which is best explored by sail boat. Take a dingy or a kayak to explore the 'hongs' (open caves) and take you time to explore many of the hundreds of beautiful islands with the world best beaches. A catamaran is the best way to go because of their shallow draft they can visit many more places than keel boats.
Hotels Near Karon Beach Resort Hotel
- Boomerang Village Cottages Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Club Med Phuket Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- CC Blooms Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- The Beach Boutique House Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Chaba Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Ibis Phuket Kata Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 3.3 km / 2 mi
- Baan Suay Hotel Resort Karon, Thailand Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Rattana Beach Hotel Karon, Thailand Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Phuket Heritage Hotel Karon, Thailand Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Baan Karon Resort Hotel Karon, Thailand Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Sugar Palm Resort & Spa Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Evason Phuket Resort & Six Senses Spa Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 8.8 km / 5.5 mi
- Katathani Hotel & Beach Resort Phuket, Thailand Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Peach Blossom Resort Hotel Karon, Thailand Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Andaman Seaview Hotel Phuket, Thailand Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi