Siam City Hotel, Bangkok
Reviews - Siam City Hotel
Read 487 additional reviews of Siam City Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Bangkok
Historical Traveller Reviews of Siam City Hotel
Good Hotelfrom beccal
Our room was upgraded to the executive suite at no extra cost. the room was great as was the view.
The food at the hotel was great, breakfast offered much choice.
The pool was small and caught hardly any sun but you cant go to bangkok to sunbathe there so much to do in bangkok so that was not an issue.
The staff were great and even better if they were tipped.
I would recommend this hotel
For an extra few pounds you can upgrade to a true 4*. I'd even suggest cheaper places like the Indra Regent or Radisson are a better bet in terms of location and quality respectively. Overall, nothing spectacular, a bit long in the tooth and in my opinion there are a large number of better options for small or no extra cost.
Nice Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
There are 3 other restraunts in the Hotel as well. Breakfast was very good as well, Included in the price.
Rooms were very large, ok, we where in the tower wing. (About same standard as the Tower Wing at Ambassador in BKK, though twice the price.
Over all, good, but i think you can get better value for money approx 3500 bht per night, which i think was a little over priced.
We stayed here as we wanted something a little bit more up-market than the other Pratunam hotels, but close to the Market.
Unfortunatley it was a little to far to walk, so we had to taxi to the markets. Maybe a suite room at the Bioke Sky would have been better idea for about the same price.
ll be backfrom A TripAdvisor Member
not too badfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The check in was hassle for us, it might be the travel gaent's mistake ,, but ,, they are charging for a late check out ,,, the SPA and Massage center is overpriced and you can find better places around the city ..
an advantage here is that you will be walking distance from the sky train,, easy to reach the week end market ,, siam ,, and patpong ...
i would give 6 out of 10 rating
Great place and locationfrom jetlagger
This hotel is reasonably close to major attractions like Royal Palace, Marble Palace and other tourist areas. It is 5 minutes walk to Skytrain which is good for going to shopping centre, downtown and weekend market, but otherwise you have to take taxi to other places. We would've paid much more for transportation, if we stayed close to the airport.
Hotel is beautiful, breakfast buffet excellent and service beyond compare. Staff is just incredibly polite and eager to please. Gym is well equipped ( even free weights) and pool is average size with nice waterfalls all around but no greenery, just umbrellas, making it difficult to find a shade when busy. It is on the 6th floor, so it is not a pool with garden around it. There are few restaurants, we used the one which had buffet in the evening for $19.95 per person and again excellent. We also tried their Thai food restaurant, which was very good and cheaper (watch out for very hot chili). Their bakery shop had a limited variety of goods.
We had a deluxe room, very nice, clean, with marble bath.
We liked the place so much that we stayed there on our way back from Burma. Great place.
Not As Nice As Last Timefrom A TripAdvisor Member
This time I was in the west tower (older?) vs. the main building on the east side.
The room was noticeably smaller as was the bathroom.
When I checked in there was hair and dirt in the tub and shower.
The shower was in general disrepair and previous work on the tile was shoddy and unsightly.
The 2 towels were threadbare and I had to call every day to have more towels delivered.
The next day I would have to call again because they would remove the extra towels from the room.
The restaurants and public areas are very nice and the staff is exceptional.
I had a disappointing incident one morning at the [USD15] breakfast buffet: On returning to my table from the buffet a strange man was enjoying my table. It was obvious that someone [me!] was still occupying the table and there were plenty of open tables for him to choose.
It took quite a bit of gestering to shoo the man away and I was close to dragging him by his collar. Maybe it's a cultural thing but I lectured the restaurant manager that in no way should that ever have to happen at a better quality hotel.
Because of the room quality, I am lowering my rating from 4 star (US standards) to 3 star.
I received a decent deal (USD70) via their website so maybe that's why I got the older room but in retrospect I should have tried for the Westin or the Marriott on Priceline for USD90 to USD100.
As mentioned in previous reviews, Siam City is conveniently located next to a BTS Skytrain station and a taxi ride to downtown is about THB45. Walking to the main business district at Siam Square and Sukhumvit is doable but you will be a sweaty mess by the time you get there so for pennies you may as well ride.
Overall, the hotel is ok but you should ask for the newer [east] wing and try to pay under USD80.
If you can get the Westin or the Marriott for under USD100 you should not choose Siam City.
Oasis amongst the chaosfrom Torvie
We had two meals at the Siam's Thai restaurant "Spice and Rice" which were delicious and not over priced.
We also stayed at the Shangri-La and were disappointed in the check-in service, room cleanliness and the meals. The Siam City was a lovely experience and value for money.
A skytrain station is across the road from the hotel which provided easy access to the places we wanted to visit in Bangkok. You may need to change trains but this is easy to do and the trains are frequent.
Not Bad!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
1.Fantastic Location next to the Skytrain's Phayathai station, so no need to get a taxi anywhere, a days pass is so cheap you can get anywhere!
2.rooms pretty clean, not perfect but better than alot!
3.most the staff are extremly helpful and very friendly
4.right next to a 7/11 shop!! - vital!!
5. really beautiful pool and lobby area...
1. booked a kingsize, recieved 2 singles, rang down to change, guy on desk was very unhelpful and said come back in the morning and we will try to change as all kingsize are full -no aplogy! Went downstairs to complain and the woman immediatrly changed us to a kingsize room as she said there were plenty?!?!...so make sure u persist!
2. rooms a bit dark and small...but clean!
3. Electrics absolutly terrible...lights flashing in the middle of the night, went through 3 kettles then gave up as after half an hour as the water was only luke warm!!!..lots of crackling and sizzling when plugging in electrical items...most didn't work!!
Very Poor Quality Hotelfrom JIMCHI
Top Local Tips for Bangkok
check who you use We had arrange transferred which i think is better as we hear stories of people being ripped off by taxi drivers taking them to the wrong places and general over charging. We got the hotel to get us taxi's if we needed them, although the skytrain is great and very easy to use.
Good tips in bangkok. MBK halls, Siam Square, Jatujak market weeked.
tuk tuks and taxis Be very firm about where you want to go. They may offer to take you to other shops saying there are great buys. (they get kickbacks from each shop they take you to). We got conned into going to tailors and gem stores and in the end had to tell the driver we only wanted to go to MKB centre.
Other names for Siam City Hotel
- siam city hotel bangkok
- siam city bangkok
- bangkok siam city hotel
- Address: 477 Si Ayuthaya Road - Bangkok - 10400 - Thailand
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Siam City Hotel
- Indra Regent Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Century Park Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Asia Hotel Bangkok Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Baiyoke Sky Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Novotel Bangkok On Siam Square Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Bangkok Palace Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- The Arnoma Bangkok Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- InterContinental Hotel Bangkok Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Pathumwan Princess Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Marriott Executive Apartments Mayfair Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Princeton Park Suites Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Twin Towers Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- Prince Palace Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi