Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
Reviews - Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: India
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: Thailand
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: Germany
- Traveller type: Pleasure Seeker
Read 698 additional reviews of Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Bangkok
Historical Traveller Reviews of Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
Great Value, Nice Hotelfrom somuchworldtosee
Good base, good stayfrom Superhoop
The hotel is well situated, about a five minute walk to the Asok Skytrain stop. I've now styed at the Landmark and the Rembrandt, and although the Landmark is my favourite, I can recommend the Rembrandt as an ideal place to stay for a few days.
I didn't try any of the restaurants out, as my wife and I prefer to see what else is around, but we did use the gym and pool which were more than adequate.
Nice Modern Hotelfrom VicChick
Pool are is great at sundown but yes as a 4* hotel things can be pricey. Unlike the previous reviewer we found the staff very friendly and prompt.
We would stay here again
Good value for moneyfrom marthag
Awful service, horrible pool area, rediculous prices!from A TripAdvisor Member
everything in the hotel is over priced, I would never sta6y here again.
Try out the Executive floorsfrom anairlinefan
Will definetely continue using their Exec. floors and would certainly rec. to anyone.
As expectedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good value for money.
An OK hotel!from PikNick
The hotel is located in a rather small alley, but don't worry 'coz the alley is not a slum area or anything! In fact, there are several restaurants there and other small businesses catering for tourist needs, so it's a safe alley. The building was clean, neat, tidy, and well maintained! No foul odours, no bugs, and i am satisfied about the condition of the building and facilities. Breakfast was good with a wide selection of foods, 3 types of fuit juices, and fruits. Breakfast time is around 6-10am but try to have your breakfast not later than 9am otherwise it might be crowded!
The hotel has a good design that all rooms should have a superb view of the city! However, i found out that not all rooms have a safety box inside to store our valuables. Moreover, water sometimes leaks from the shower tub to the floor, although it's not actually that bad (leaking is probably due to the shower screen can't be closed tightly).
However, there was one time that the staff forbid my gf to visit my room 'coz the hotel have a "no visitor is allowed in the guest room" policy! After i explained to them nicely that she is my gf and WILL NOT stay overnight with me, also she had to come up with me 'coz we wanted to upload the pics we took all day long to her laptop computer, the staff spoke to the assistant manager and he kindly let my gf to visit my room.
Some people might be upset 'coz of this but the positive thing i guess it'd increase the hotel security since i've heard that there are many tourists got drugged and robbed in their room by prostitutes in Bangkok! If the staff do the same thing to you, simply explain to them nicely who ur friend is, that they won't stay overnight with u, and why do u want them to visit ur room, and they might let u.
One thing i'd like to share is that i seldom saw the staff smiling or appears happy! They do service the costumer in an ok manner, but lacks the smile which some costumers might expect. Alot of the male staff appears more like security guards rather than a costumer service staff.
Overall, this hotel is a great hotel to stay in! A clean, neat, tidy, and a safe hotel.
Not bad not excellentfrom MrCanada
Swimming pool is small and okay.
Italian restaurant is very good!!!
Breakfast is neutral/average.
For the price we have paid it's good.
What a rip-off!from A TripAdvisor Member
1. Our room did not have Internet connection, although advertised. They wanted to charge 1200 THB plus to move us to a room with Internet access!
2. They did not allow any visitors on the room! We always had thai massage in our hotel room. In other hotels it was no problem at all. But at Rembrandt, they wanted to charge 1100 THB for one massage staff that we called from salon outside and that we already know. Sorry… we have to pay for 2 extra beds for having a thai massage in the room? That’s ridiculous! The thing is, that Rembrandt also has a SPA providing thai massage and they wanted us to use their services. Well they also have a restaurant, so next time they prohibit to bring in food?
Pretending to be a ‘morally clean’ hotel everything was in fact a matter of money.
3. I am a native Thai, but grew up in Germany and my husband is German. The security staff always treated us as if I was some prostitute to be smuggled in. What a disgrace!
After all the hassle we moved to another hotel. The hotel manager was not willing to accommodate our very normal needs. If you don’t want to be treated like in prison, I recommend to go for another hotel.
Top Local Tips for Bangkok
Visiting the grand palace Do not believe anyone outside the Grand Palace if they tell you it is shut and you should go on their tuk tuk instead! We hung around for 2 hours because we believed them, but it was never shut - it's open daily until 3.30pm.
Worth The Money Just use your knowledge
Hotels I have found that what you see on the internet is not what you get. If you plan to stay for a long time check in one day and make sure you want to stay there. It is best to check around. Many 5 star hotels are 2 or 3 star. They are really run down. The non smoking rooms are normally smoked in.
Other names for Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- bangkok rembrandt hotel
- Address: 19 Sukhumvit Road Soi 18 - Bangkok - 10110 - Thailand
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Novotel Bangna Bangkok Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Grand Mercure Fortune Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Radisson Hotel Bangkok Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Bangkok Centre Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Chateau de Bangkok Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Tarntawan Place Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Silom City Inn Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 4.4 km / 2.8 mi
- Manohra Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 4.9 km / 3.1 mi
- Lebua at State Tower Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 4.9 km / 3 mi
- Sofitel Silom Bangkok Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- Tawana Ramada Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
- Montien Hotel Bangkok Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Shangri la Bangkok Hotel Bangkok, Thailand Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi