The Sentosa Resort and Spa Hotel, Singapore
Reviews - The Sentosa Resort and Spa Hotel
Read 360 additional reviews of The Sentosa Resort and Spa Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Singapore
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Sentosa Resort and Spa Hotel
Dirty, dusty bathroomfrom stephalex
We were very impressed with the room when we saw it, then we realised the TV was not even tuned, and spent the next twenty minutes waiting for a technician to fix the problem. He wore his dusty workboots right onto the carpeted floor, which made me my bare feet itch to watch him.
The bathroom was a disgrace - shoddy construction was evident in the details. Worst of all, the WC was not flushed. I do not understand how housekeeping could have failed to notice that the water in the WC was a distinct shade of yellow before deciding that the room was fit for habitation. Clumps of hair (I dare not imagine what hair) drifted on the floor when I closed the toilet door. Evidently, sweeping behind doors is not a priority for housekeeping. The large ledge next to the bathtub was also covered in dust - my book left a nice large imprint after being left there for only 5 minutes.
The much-vaunted spa is not on the 'resort' premises, but a good 15 minutes' walk away in the hot sun. Paying the SGD 15 charge to use the spa pool and jacuzzi becomes a necessity as the small pool fills up rapidly with screaming brats - marketing to the contrary, this is as much a family hotel as a couples' getaway.
On top of everything, my credit card was charged after my stay for two cans of coca-cola I did not consume. At a 500% mark-up, who would? No attempt was made to contact me to verify the matter, I simply received an email after the fact to inform me. Potential guests be warned - make the reception staff walk back to the room with you and verify that all minibar contents are accounted for or run the risk of a nasty surprise after your stay has ended!
Beautiful resortfrom Clare_Lee
Our room was a deluxe room and was very comfortable and clean. The bed is huge and there is a big flat screen tv on the wall at the foot of the bed which my husband loved! The bathroom is also lovely and the Aveda products that the hotel provides smell delicious. My only complaint about the room is that very few rooms have a decent view with none having a view of the sea which seems a waste.
The pool is a large (25m) lap pool with dark silvery black tiles which is unusual. There is a pool bar where you can get drinks and snacks. The hotel also has 2 other restaurants and a bar- we tried The Terrace restaurant which provided a buffet each night with mostly Singaporean, Indian and Malaysian food and was fantastic and good value for money.
The hotel is located on raised land so in order to get to the beach you have to walk down about 130 steps and then cross the unbusy road to Tanjung Beach which, although manmade, is beautiful.
There is a tram stop near the bottom of these steps where you can get on the free tram which takes you around the island so the hotel is in a good locatoon for exploring.
On the downside, the hotel is generally very expensive and you are charged for everything. Lunch by the pool (2 drinks and 2 sandwiches) cost £18. Unlike other 5 star hotels, you are not given free bottled water.The hotel also charges you S$5.50 for calling a taxi for you which usually more than doubles the cost of a taxi. Every other hotel I've stayed in does this free of charge. The Spa is also very expensive and you are charged for just using the basic facilities that are there, even as a hotel resident.
I would also say that the hotel lacked the warmth of other hotels in which I've stayed in Asia- staff were efficient but seemed to do the bare minimum to keep guests happy.
One recommendation I would give to anyone visiting Sentosa is to book a swim with the pink dolphins at Dolphin Lagoon. It is worth every penny!
Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Definitely one to visit...from Havanah
The hotel provides hourly transport to Singapore centre. Bus services also operate around the Sentosa island. All free of charge. Taxis to and from and around Singapore are reasonable but be aware that additional charges are levied when travelling to the island after 1130 pm.
Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Ideal for couples.
A place to relaxfrom LightWeaver
we got a deluxe room during our stay. the check in was very fast and we were soon assigned a room. However, the room was near to the part of the hotel that's undergoing renovation . As such, you could hear the drilling sounds on a saturday afternoon. in addition , the room carpet was moist and the toilet flush didn't work. I tried to call the reception using the room phone but that didn't work too. Was disappointed because I expected the resort to maintain a certain level of standard. during reservation , I had explicitly requested for a quiet room as my girlfriend and I wanted a good rest.
In the end, I walked to the reception to have the room changed . The receptionist apologized promptly and assigned a different room. This time, the room did not have the problems mentioned above and was quiet enough.
the rest of the stay has been pleasant. The deluxe room has been renovated in early 06 (as you can see from my pictures). The large plasma screen in the room and dvd player are plus points of the room. The bathroom amenities such as the large bathtub and separate shower stall reflects the elegance of the resort. A point to highlight that the toiletries in the bathroom are the same as those used in spa botanica, which is part of the resort.
A few pointers for those who intend to stay at the resort:
1. The prices of the same room type may vary between dates even though 2 dates might be on the same day of the week. So you might want to have a few suitable dates on hand to check which has the cheapest room price.
2. if you're going to stay at the resort, you might wish to spend about 18 sing dollars per person to use the facilities of spa botanica which is near to the hotel. This price allows you to use the jacuzzi, swimming pool, waterfall pool and mud pool. for other spa and massage treatments, additional costs would apply. The spa treatment menu is available on spa botanica's website.
Note: spa botanica can be reached by a footpath from the resort or by free shuttle bus.
3. if you have some budget to spare, you might wish to try some signature dishes at the cliff restaurant . I had a serving of foie gras and it was worth the price.
4. You would like to spend some time in the evening (after dinner) to have a drink at the pavilion (lounge). The best place to sit would be at a table facing the fountain. The warm lighting at the pavilion provides a comfortable ambieance to spend some time with your loved one or to read a book.
Note: I especially like the warm lighting effects within the resort which gives the place a very comfortable feeling at night.
5. If you're driving to the resort, you can pay 2 dollars upon entry into sentosa to purchase a multiple entry pass so that you can enter sentosa for subsequent trips without need to pay entry fees again. Be sure to bring along your reservation confirmation slip to purchase the multiple entry pass at the drive-in booth located at the bridge leading into sentosa.
In summary, I would stay at this resort again because of its unique deco and setting which cannot be found elsewhere in Singapore.
Spider web on the ceiling of bathroomfrom DDS.LO
We met some problems when trying to get into our room with the key after check in, finally managed to get into it after informed the front desk.First time we thought it was just temporarily out of order, but when it happend the third times, I was angry and demanded to change our key immediately!
My daughter found spider web on the ceiling in the bathroom, and the water we shower was not hot enough which complained by my wife.
As to the beach, it was not so hard to get off the stairs and walk 7 minutes to the shore, but tired to get on the stairs to return to our room.Maybe the best way to forget it is to enjoy the trees and flowers around the stairs.
The morning we check out , I was awaked by a phone call from room service about 7:30am to check up if I request 2 toilet tissue, I did not , and she fast hung up the phone without saying sorry!
Of course I had to get up early that morning!
We had been staying in the Shangrila resort 10 years ago, for memory we came to Sentosa 2nd times,and change our stay to this hotel, well,we probably will not come here again!
Incredible stay!from achen_phx
We enjoyed breakfasts at The Terrace, dinner at The Cliff, and a fantastic spa experience at Spa Botanica.
The staff (housekeeping, front desk, concierge, shuttle drivers) is incredibly helpful.
I am glad we decided to stay on Sentosa rather than on mainland Singapore. It was nice to return back each day to such comfortable accomodations.
Definitely one of the best hotel experiences we've had!
Paradisefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Absolutely wonderfulfrom emswim
Top Local Tips for Singapore
Fish Reflexology & Aquarium Go. The fish reflexology is unique and really fun. Best to do in a group but fun on your own too. The aquarium (same area) is very nice. Singapore does all of their nature exhibits very well - See Jurong Bird Park and Night Safari too!!!
Accomodation Stay on the mainland not sentosa
Il Lido We visited expecting a nice traditional italian, pizza pasta type of place - food was nice but very 'fancy'. Very nice for couples and people with an interest in fine dining, but if you have fussy eaters or kids - I wouldn't reccomend it. Quite expensive, but the food was of a high standard.
Other names for The Sentosa Resort and Spa Hotel
- the sentosa island hotel
- the hotel sentosa island
- sentosa resort
- Address: 2 Bukit Manis Road - Singapore - 099891 - Singapore
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Sentosa Resort and Spa Hotel
- Rasa Sentosa Resort by Shangri-La Hotel Sentos A Island, Singapore Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Rasa Sentosa Resort Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Harbour Ville Hotel Singapore Singapore, Singapore Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- M Hotel Singapore Singapore, Singapore Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- Amara Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Majestic Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- Berjaya Duxton Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 4.1 km / 2.6 mi
- Furama City Centre Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Copthorne Kings Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 4.9 km / 3 mi
- Furama Hotel Singapore Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.1 km / 3.2 mi
- The Gallery Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.2 km / 3.2 mi
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.2 km / 3.2 mi
- Fraser Suites Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.4 km / 3.3 mi
- Robertson Quay Hotel Singapore Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi