Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel, Singapore
Reviews - Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: Belgium
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: Italy
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 1022 additional reviews of Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Singapore
Historical Traveller Reviews of Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel
Excellent hotelfrom Pennybobs
great locationfrom jur
Living with constructionfrom AmesISU
Excellent hotel I would go back tomorrow!from A TripAdvisor Member
brilliant - best pool in the city!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Going down hillfrom A TripAdvisor Member
wonderful hotelfrom undies
We loved the location of the hotel, the fantastic buffet breakfast, but most of all the outstanding pool. It was resort like and you didnt feel like you were in the middle of a city...This hotel is very handy to the MRT, restaurants etc etc.. I am a Travel Agent and I was very impressed with this hotel.. I will be highly recommending it to my clients
Excellent - will definitely stay again.from A TripAdvisor Member
The staff was extremely helpful with any questions including tourist related information and even lent me an umbrella free of charge on 2 days when it was raining heavily. Of course, they did make me sign something saying that I would pay them IF I lost the umbrella which I think is very fair!
The most valuable thing for this hotel is its location - near the Clarke Quay - the night-life is excellent alongside the riverside - live music, lovlely restaurants with indoor and outdoor seatings, bar with live bands, great iNdian restaurant and overall not lonely at all - whatever time of the day you step out.
2 mins away from the Clark Quay train station and 5 mins away from China Town. By taxi this hotel is about 30 mins away from Changi airport.
I will definitely stay here again - the room service was also excellent - and the beddings, sheets, furniture was all in great shape. I like the fact that the bathroom had marble flooring and white ceramic fixtures - well lit and very spacious and clean. Also, there was free tea, coffee in the room with an electric kettle provided to make tea by yourself. There was an in-room referigerator stocked with beverages and drinks - also a safe. The beverages were for a charge.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to other visitors - they also have a free shuttle to Raffles city - so if you don't want to stay in the more expensive hotel over the mall - you can live here and go over to Raffles city mall without any expense.
FYI - I had an non-smoking room.
I hope this review helps. Thanks.
absolutely perfect!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Located very centrally for all the bars and restaurants at Clarke Key.
Right next to the metro, but then taxi's are cheap, so we prefered the ease of them instead.
Chinatown is a short walk away and one of the better one's of any of the many capitol cities I have visited.
Top Local Tips for Singapore
First Time Visitor to Singapore If this is your first trip to Singapore, familiarise yourself as early as possible with as much of what it has to offer. Hop on the Hippo Topless bus which must be the best value for money. It covers six tours - city, heritage, business area, entertainment, cultural and night adventure - all for as little as $33. The tour guide's running commentary gives you an excellent insight and a broad overview of the main attractions in Singapore - from Little India to the Durian Entertainment centre. What I would suggest is take all the tours as the bus goes around and around and on the second time around, hop off at areas which take your fancy and hop back on when the bus comes around again in an hour or two. For $33 you can use your pass over two days and visit the areas which interest you as and when you like. It also takes you through the Beverley Hills suburbs which is interesting to say the least.
Buy Ez-link Using Ez-link to take MRT is more convenient than buying a standard ticket. That's because returning the standard ticket to get the refund usually takes time. In addition, the fare paid by Ez-link is lower. By the way, if the weather is fine, going to Night safari is the first thing you have to do.
Shops opening hours Most shops do not open until 11am but are open late in to the evening. Therefore do your tours in the morning and shopping in the afternoon evening.
Other names for Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel
- swissotel merchant court singapore
- swissotel merchant court hotel singapore
- swissotel merchant court
- Address: 20 Merchant Road - Singapore - 058281 - Singapore
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel
- Furama Hotel Singapore Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Novotel Clarke Quay Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Robertson Quay Hotel Singapore Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Fraser Place Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Peninsula Excelsior Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Grand Plaza Parkroyal Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Gallery Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Fullerton Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Swissotel the Stamford Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Copthorne Kings Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Berjaya Duxton Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Furama City Centre Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Miramar Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Carlton Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Majestic Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi