Orchard Hotel, Singapore
Reviews - Orchard Hotel
Read 517 additional reviews of Orchard Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Singapore
Historical Traveller Reviews of Orchard Hotel
okfrom A TripAdvisor Member
s OK...from A TripAdvisor Member
It was very noisy when we stayed there - they were renovating (this was not mentioned on their website at the time). We were out of our rooms most of the time otherwise it would have been unbearable. They even changed the hallway carpets one morning and I was shocked when I opened the door to discover the cloud of dust that surrounded it. They really should not do this with guests around! Other than that the buffet is OK, staff is not that friendly. The location is good (in Orchard Road) and the price is alright as well. I have stayed in many hotels in Singapore from budget to 5-star and the Orchard Hotel just rates average for me. It was just OK! I think this is an ideal hotel for a business traveller but not so suited for families.
Orchard Wing is Nicefrom wallyQ
- Comfortable sized rooms
- Modern interiors
- Flat Panel TV
- Nice Bathroom
- Ok Bed
- Poor Sound Proofing
- Bad Service at Reception
- Location is at the far end of Orchard Road
- Rooms at the old wing are not nice
- Outdated furnishings
- Bed looks uncomfortable
- They assigned me a room at the old wing and they told to me that all the rooms at the Orchard wing were occupied. I had to complain after seeing how old the rooms were. They ended up giving me a room at the orchard wing the same night. (Don't trust them when they say its fully occupied)
Very Unpleasantfrom ihoon
Surely We Cant Afford This???from Matthudski
We booked trought an australian Travel Agent as we were visiting on the way back from Sydney for two days.
When the Taxi arrived, My partner and I looked at each other and said, there must be some mistake, we cannot afford to stay here... There must be two Orchard Hotels in Singapore. Turns out not.
Gold everywhere, really nice Doormen, very nice entrace and lobby.
It was fabulous, rooms where really up to date and hotel was placed nicely for shopping. We paid about £50 which would get a single bed in a dump in London!
We would stay here again diffinately.
Well located for shopping. Check-in and out time are not confortablefrom darwinsail
The cons are that the windows do not open and the sound isolations between rooms are very bad: I can here all the next door noises.
The meeting rooms are very nice, everything works fine, and the health breaks have fruits and all other choices of the regular coffee-breaks.
The personnel of the Hotel are nice, but you may wait until 3 to have a room (after 24 hours flying and arriving at 7:40 am it is very bad). There is no chance for more than 1 hour late check-out but paying half of the regular room to stay until 6 pm, after that full payment is required (as flights are at mid-night it is also too bad).
Would stay there againfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel is at the start of all the Orchard Road shops. Very near to many western restaurants, which we enjoyed because we are Americans living in Asia. Taxis are easy to get, but we did a lot of walking.
Breakfast was good - Asian and western. So much food that you could skip lunch!
The internet connection was slow. They could improve that greatly. It was easy to buy minutes, but you had to use them all in one session.
Overall - good hotel. Would stay there again.
lovely hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
my room was lovely and the staff were so helpful - the hotel was apparently having some work done but with such discretion that i never noticed.
the food too was great- especially breakfast.
also, i found, quite to my suprise tahat it was just as cheap to make an international phonecall from my room as from a phonebooth- something of a first!
i'd happily go back and stay.
Expensive and slow in-room internetfrom fluffy_pancke
This hotel has wifi in certain areas and wired ports in all the rooms. The hotel has two internet price packages: by the minute or day-rate. The minute rate is $.50 (Singapore Dollars) and the day is $28 (Sing dollars). Not cheap but in-line with the other hotels in Singapore. My biggest disappointment was with the speed- the login page listed it as 256kb/s up/down but in usage it was much slower and felt like dial-up.
Be warned if you like your internet fast and hot, this ain't the place to stay.
Excellent hotel!from RebeccaG
Great hotel don't be put off my other people's negative reviews!
Top Local Tips for Singapore
Non smoking If you are a smoker be aware that Singapore is non smoking in hotels bars and just about everywhere apart from the streer
Walk everywhere so you don't miss out Singapore used to have a rep for being boring. Not so if you walk everywhere! We did not eat at any posh restaurants but just stopped whenever we were hungry and we saw food. We found back street shops and eateries. Happened upon loads of really beautiful temples and, above all, lots and lots of friendly people. Oh, and you must do the night safari at the Singapore Zoo!
Consistantly bad food Choose your restaurant carefully. We ate at expensive restaurants and hawker centres and found all to be consistantly bad. We only ate once where the food was good and that was at "The Pump room" at Clarke Quay-excellent food. Maybe we were just unlucky. We would not travel to Singapore again.
Other names for Orchard Hotel
- singapore orchard hotel
- orchard hotel singapore
- Address: 442 Orchard Road - Singapore - 238879 - Singapore
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Orchard Hotel
- Hilton Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Pan Pacific Orchard Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Orchard Parade Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Four Seasons Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Regent Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Shangri la Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Singapore Marriott Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Grand Hyatt Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Traders Hotel Singapore Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Goodwood Park Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Elizabeth Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- York Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Crown Prince Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Meritus Mandarin Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi