Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel, Singapore
Reviews - Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel
Read 1228 additional reviews of Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Singapore
Historical Traveller Reviews of Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel
Acceptable, but not nearly as nice as official website depictsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The room was somewhat clean (noticeable carpet stains) but with extremely firm beds. I did not have a view of the sea and would recommend one be requested if staying here.
Travel into the city's center is simple via taxi and the nearby shopping mall (i.e., across the street) provides cheap options for food. As previous reviewers have stated, the pool is a highlight, and a nice place to rest and relax (NOTE: In the evenings it may close early to host outdoor events). For a quick stopover, the hotel is adequate, but other alternatives may want to be considered.
Perfect Startfrom Pumpkinette
Elegant rooms with one of the best buffet breakfasts on offer are two reasons why I would return to this hotel again and recommend it to all single (and couple) travellers alike.
Although a little expensive to my ideal price bracket, the Roxy's breakfast inclusion and free airport bus make it worthwhile spend.
Located opposite a large shopping centre and market (to begin your Singapore shopover), you can catch the Number 36 bus for less than $AUS2 and find yourself near all the city sights (such as Orchid Road) and tourist areas within 10 minutes.
Comfortable but impersonalfrom tshirtsuntan
no problemsfrom sam63
We were travelling with a 4 year old and found the staff very child friendly.
Breakfast was sensational, a huge selection.
Over the road is a shopping centre and a market area which all the locals sit and have their dinner. We had a lovely evening meal there . The locals were all to willing to explain what the dishes were. We managed to have dinner for $10 and my partner managed a couple of dishes in that!!
We loved the pool area.
We will definately stay here next time we go back to Singapore as despite the fact it is not central, taxi fares are so reasonable and the distances are not far to travel.
Good hotel and near the airportfrom andyh5151
A perfect stayfrom janetlb
The hotel was a ten minute taxi ride from the airport - reasonable price and easily obtained taxi from the airport. The immediate area was quiet and quite residential. It was a five minute walk to a lovely beach and park, and the shopping centre with lots of shops and restaurants was just over the road.
We arrived mid-afternoon and went for a walk on the beach, walk round shopping centre, had a lovely Thai meal in one of the restaurants then back to the hotel for a drink.
In the morning we enjoyed an excellent breakfast then checked out of our large and well-appointed room, left our luggage and took a taxi to the MRT - the fast rail transport throughout the centre. We managed Sentosa Island, Chinatown, high tea at Raffles and Orchard Road before getting a taxi back to the hotel to pick up our luggage and get us straight back to the airport.
Had we been staying for a few days a more central hotel would probably have been better but for our purposes it was ideal.
Wonderful hotelfrom FrenchyParis
As soon as I go back to Asia, I do my best to step by this place !
Wonderful Stafffrom amma6820
Will definately plan my next trip there.
Hotel was clean and tidy and have a good security system.
quite different experiencefrom antonyb
Recommended as calm, relaxed & without rush ,bustle & crowds of central Singapore. Excellent attentive staff. Having read other critical reviews must say it was definitely not our experience & will certainly use again on stopover.
Top Local Tips for Singapore
High tea at Raffles Really enjoyed the high tea at Raffles. Excellent range of food, plenty of it, lovely atmosphere, excellent service - will never forget it.
Shuttle bus Make use of the hotel shuttle bus if you have the time. A taxi cost us about $S10 each way to the airport
Visit the National Museum The history section of the National Museum is excellent, and well worth a visit. If you arrived on Singapore Airlines, take your boarding pass with you to the museum for a 50% discount.
Other names for Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel
- mercure singapore
- grand mercure roxy hotel singapore
- grand mercure roxy hotel
- grand accor roxy hotel
- Address: 50 East Coast Road - Singapore - 428769 - Singapore
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel
- Hotel 81 Geylang Singapore, Singapore Distance: 3 km / 1.8 mi
- Plaza Parkroyal Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 4.9 km / 3.1 mi
- Golden Landmark Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- The Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.2 km / 3.2 mi
- Conrad Centennial Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
- Parkroyal Kitchener Road Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Metropole Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.6 km / 3.5 mi
- InterContinental Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
- Raffles Hotel Singapore Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
- Fairmont Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.7 km / 3.6 mi
- Victoria Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.8 km / 3.6 mi
- Allson Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.9 km / 3.7 mi
- Carlton Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 5.9 km / 3.7 mi