Albert Court Hotel, Singapore
Reviews - Albert Court Hotel
- Age Group:
- From: India
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 415 additional reviews of Albert Court Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Singapore
Historical Traveller Reviews of Albert Court Hotel
Great value for the money!from LikeDad
Good quality for a reasonable pricefrom traveller1968
A Bargain in Singaporefrom A TripAdvisor Member
I couldn't have been more surprised.
Having spent the night from hell on the overnight train from KL in a 1st Class sleeper!, I arrived in Singapore at 09.00 am virtually sleepless and in need of a shower.
The Albert Court was very easily located across from the Little India MTR Station and despite it being 10.00 am I was checked in immediately to one of the rooms in the new wing.The room compared favourably with any 4* I have stayed in with large bathroom,king size bed and noiseless air con.
with only one change of line to Orchard Road on the MTR it is by no means out of the way for central Singapore.
One of the bargains to be had in this city without doubt I paid $50.00 per night for single room.
Would def. go back.
nothing specialfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Breakfast was OK, nothing spectacular. The gym was well used by my friend who said it was fine.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely return.
charmfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Positives & Negatives:
+Great location & style!
+We stayed in a courtyard room which are renovated shop fronts offering a unique style & charm. Our room was on the 1st floor with a view of the courtyard which is occupied by a number of shops & well attended restaurants. We thought our room was very spacious with a lovely firm king size bed, nice work table, sitting chair, room to stretch your legs, icy air conditioning & a nice bath to relax in.
+5minutes walk to Little India MRT station depending on the traffic light crossing.
+5 minutes walk from Tekka market which offers a myriad of Indian, Chinese, Malaysian style foods & more! I highly recommend having breakfast here for the vast choice & unbelievable prices. $2-3sgd for a main meal and $1.50 for a pint of freshly squeezed juice – we did not have any problem with bad bellys here or the service (we ate here 3 days straight). Tekka market seems very popular with the locals and is full of life & offers a glimpse into the daily lives of the locals. I can't believe some of the other reviewers ate breakfast at the hotel for 3 weeks without stepping out a few metres into the real world. Different strokes for different folks i guess.
+5 minutes walk to Sim Lim Square which is full of cameras, computers & anything electronic – make sure you bargain there! There are a couple of other malls in the same block to keep the girls in favor too.
+/- Staff were friendly but seemed a bit lackadaisical at times.
Did not likefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Overall, I would not recommend anyone to stay here especially to that price!
However Singapore is a great city, and I moved Hotel after three days there!
Good locationfrom Dee12S
Great Hotel!from rfpst1
We would stay here againfrom Judith Whicker
Our room was in the new wing, which has great water features. The room was clean and quite big, with a good sized bathroom. There was a shower and a bath. We had breakfast a few times, and it was quite good with a good choice of food and drinks. We had a few drinks in the bar, and it wasn't the greatest place for a drink, but it was ok.
Overall, we thought it was a charming hotel, and we would stay there again. It wasn't very expensive, so we didn't expect luxury, but it was certainly good value.
Top Local Tips for Singapore
OK if you have money to spend and like shopping if you enjoy being in an artificial bubble fine but Singapore caters for the very wealthy not the tourist.
SIA Hop-on bus Use this bus as a cheap way to get around the city. Get a copy of the schedule from the website or from the Singapore tourist information office. It is very cheap and takes you around all the interesting places, great if you have only 24 hours in this city like we did. If you book your hotel through the Singapore Airlines website I think the bus is free. For SA passengers there is a reduction in ticket price if you present your boarding pass, but I think you can still use it if you aren't a SA passenger.
Equinox Resturant, Stanford Swissotel This resturant is located 70 floors above the city. It is an excellent resturant for a special occasion as the food is wonderful and the view even better. Book however to get a table next to the window.
Other names for Albert Court Hotel
- albert court hotel singapore
- albert court
- Address: 180 Albert Street - Singapore - 189971 - Singapore
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Albert Court Hotel
- City Bayview Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Clarion Collection Rendezvous Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Allson Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- InterContinental Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Golden Landmark Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Victoria Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Parkroyal Kitchener Road Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Carlton Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Metropole Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Concorde Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Fairmont Singapore Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Raffles Hotel Singapore Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Plaza Parkroyal Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Swissotel the Stamford Hotel Singapore, Singapore Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi