St Moritz Queenstown Hotel
Reviews - St Moritz Queenstown Hotel
- Age Group: 60 +
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 464 additional reviews of St Moritz Queenstown Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Queenstown
Historical Traveller Reviews of St Moritz Queenstown Hotel
So much for the money!from wed10yrs
you must have a lakeview roomfrom tils
Staff were helpful at reception and everywhere we went in the hotel.
The lakeview rooms were a must or you could be facing a concrete wall!
The valet parking and delivery of luggage were a bit slow to say the least.
There is a steep incline to the hotel but it is not that far if you are reasonably young and fit.
Did enjoy our stay here despite previous reports
Inconsistent, but Ok Hotelfrom AU_Traveler
Like others we found this hotel very inconsistent. The front desk staff we terrible, very snobby, rude and unhelpful, right from the minute we checked in, over the course of the week nothing improved there. On the flip side the bar and restaurant staff were exceptional, warm, welcoming and very attentive! The room service/cleaning staff once again were disapointing. As mentioned by other reviewers room cleaning was a bit hit and miss.
The hotel does have a very warm feel to it, the view from the restaurant is amazing along with the food. If you don't pay the $$$ for a lake view room forget it, you'll soon get tired of the view of the concrete wall outside the front entrance. The buses pulling in and out of the entrance are a real problem, they start from 6:30-7am and go right through to 7pm, you can't open your window due to the noise and the fumes.
The rooms are very large and well laid out, super clean and very modern. This was the largest room of any hotel we stayed at in NZ over our two week visit.
If your skiing or boarding they have a neat drying room for all your gear. A word of warning if you are using any of the ski bus services to get to the ski fields this hotel is always one of the first to be picked up and the last to be dropped off. Doesn't sound much but it adds and extra hour / day to the travel time which over a week becomes annoying. If you have a hire car, when I was staying they only offered valet parking which you had to pay for every day.
My final word is...I probably wouldn't stay here again only because there is so much choice in Queenstown for accommodation why would you want to! If you're after a big, nice and clean room, don't mind a bit of a walk to town and avoid the reception staff you'll probably have a nice stay
A fantastic end to a fantastic trip to NZfrom nicholasbaxter
Mixed Feelings about Mercure Grand St Moritz Stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
lovely hotelfrom janalibor
When we protested we were offered apartments at a higher price, allegedly with a sea view - but you had to stand on a chair to look out of a velux window in the roof to see the sea.
Finally we left the hotel and booked two suites at the hotel next door (Rydges) which seemed to have many more rooms with sea facing views with balconies - albeit the hotel was not quite as "posh" as the Mercure!
Only when we had booked these suites did Mercure offer us two sea facing suites - which had become available on further investigation - which we politely declined.
Also important to understand that this hotel - unlike Rydges - is not actually on lakeside front. You have to climb a very steep hill - not for people with heart problems! - to get to main entrance.
The staff varied - a Hungarian guy was very helpful with our luggage but a female assistant manager was quite appalling and seemd to think the whole incident was hilarious.
Hence beware and make sure you know what you are getting
Lovely Hotel, Huge Roomfrom WickedTime
The location is excellent, being away from the busy area but only a 5 minute or so walk away. Would definately recommend
t Book through On-Line Servicefrom JenniferPhoenix
I would recommend the hotel - if you don't mind paying twice the price!
Great Hotelfrom helpfiji
If you want a view - make sure you book from the 3rd floor up and make sure you ask for a front room with a view of the lake. You can get Deluxe double rooms (without cooking facilities) facing the lake as well if you don't want to prepare your own breakfasts.
Top Local Tips for Queenstown
Jetboating Try jetboating the Dart River through Dart River Safaris. It's amazing scenery and you can be a total chicken (like me) and still enjoy the boat ride. It's not too crazy and it's simply breathtaking to see nature upclose and be out in the wilderness for a few hours.
Shotover Jet I went on the Shotover Jet the first day I was in Queenstown. The weather was beautiful and the ride on the Shotover Jet was so much fun! I highly recommend it.
Good value Speights Ale Bar has very good value food & its tasty too. Lombardi's at St Moritz has delicious pizza & romantic ambiance for something more posh. Cafe 111 in Isle Street has great breakfasts. Habebes has amazing turkish roll ups from $7.00.
Other names for St Moritz Queenstown Hotel
- st moritz hotel queenstown
- queenstown st moritz hotel
- Address: Brunswick Street - Queenstown - 1116 - New Zealand
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near St Moritz Queenstown Hotel
- Rydges Lakeland Resort Queenstown Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Peppers Beacon Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Crowne Plaza Queenstown Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Browns Boutique Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Lomond Lodge Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Dairy Private Luxury Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Spire Queenstown Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Coronation Lodge Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Queenstown Park Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Millennium Hotel Queenstown Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Matakauri Luxury Lodge Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Central Ridge Boutique Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Heritage Queenstown Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Scenic Circle A Line Hotel Queenstown, New Zealand Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi