Langham Hotel Auckland
Reviews - Langham Hotel Auckland
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: New Zealand
- Traveller type: Luxury Traveller
- Age Group: 60 +
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 654 additional reviews of Langham Hotel Auckland at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Auckland
Historical Traveller Reviews of Langham Hotel Auckland
Sub Par Hotel Experiencefrom Livie
The rooms were average in decor - at least everything seemed new and quite clean. The pool was quite small so I did not swim in it.
The front desk messaging system is also not up to par. A message was left for us by our traveling companions at front desk and we only received 3 hours later! The irony was I received that message directly in person when our companions returned before I got the message from the front desk.
I would say the location is also inferior - it is near one side of K Rd that was quite gritty and it seemed a bit far from the action.
We returned to Auckland during the last leg of our journey but we stayed at the Hyatt Regency instead, which was one of my most pleasurable hotel stay ever.
out of wind!from Ogden
t think so!from Kiwi75
We arrived slightly before check-in and were directed to the Club Lounge, with no offer to hold our luggage and take it to the room when we were ready. We were advised to come back to reception at check-in time and the room would be ready, however the room was still not ready at 3pm. Thirty minutes later someone came to get us and advised there was a problem with the lock on the door. This was not rectified until 9pm that night so we had to go in and out of the room through the bedroom.
The promised help for unpacking, pressing clothes and shoe shine did not materialise. We went instead to use the pool facilities which are in need of an upgrade. They have done a lot of work on the rooms but have let themselves down seriously in the bathrooms which are pokey, shower over bath and would be what you would expect in a three star hotel, not a five star hotel. The service was very disappointing. When we went to check out there was a phone call on the bill that had been made before we had even been able to get into the room.
Dinner at Partington's was the closest thing to a highlight, the decor here has been refubrished superbly. The service started well but deteriorated significantly as the restaurant got busier to the point where we had to pour our own wine. The food was average for the prices being charged but the wine list was extensive, and the wine we chose was superb.
Overall, a very disappointing experience and one that would not repeat.
Great hotel ... butfrom Leanne_Bear
Otherwise, the Langham is an excellent hotel, the rooms are clean, luxurious, amenities are excellent. Compared to North America, the food prices are exorbitant, and we have already provided comments to the hotel directly to the effect that most N.A. hotels of note offer free in-room Internet access.
perfectly pleasantfrom quin-i-bog
Can't rate the food in the main restaurant as we didn't bother with eating in, but the complimentary continental breakfast in the "Club lounge" was perfectly nice.
The rooms were a good size, both the sitting room and the bedroom had giant flat screen TVs (perfect for watching all that football!) and the hotel provided all the services you'd expect like turn down etc. The bed was very large and very comfortable with a 6 pillows and a pillow menu for more!
I'd stay here again, but beware the rather long distance to tourist attractions if you don't have transport.
renovations ruined our stayfrom xcell
Location is ok, close to town but the hill can be a bit of a climb. Bathroom was nice and clean, internet was far to expensive.
I would recommend this hotel for business customers only.
Luxurious, but a bit far from the actionfrom John6
Excellent Hotel with an amazing new lookfrom Expert_Traveller
This hotel has recently completed a refurbishment, it looks and feels luxurious.
Note previous guest comment, there was no sign at all of on going refurbishment work at the hotel and on speaking with the staff they advised that all work has been completed.
This hotel is truly the very best that Auckland has to offer.
Beware renovationsfrom MrArthur
The Internet access is fairly highly priced, and from mid-evening onwards pretty slow (forget using voice over IP reliably). For NZ$99 a week, better quality Internet is expected.
Overall a good hotel, and a short walk to most downtown areas.
Very happyfrom Butchhall
Top Local Tips for Auckland
Excellect food good location Try "Soul" in the harbour area for superb food with flair. Expensive but truly aptly named.
Lacking In Choice We found it difficult to find places to dine in Auckland. There isn't much choice downtown, you have to go to neighborhoods like Ponsonby, Parnell, or Newmarket and even then we didn't find much that interested us. Places are either divey, touristy or full, so keep your eyes peeled for places you like the look of.
Go to Waiheke Island As above, a day trip to the island was lovely
Other names for Langham Hotel Auckland
- the langham hotel auckland
- langham hotel auckland
- Address: 83 Symonds Street, Central Auckland - Auckland - 1140 - New Zealand
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Langham Hotel Auckland
- Parklane Motor Inn Takapuna Beach Hotel Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Auckland Airport Hotel Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 13 km / 8.1 mi
- Rainbow Retreat Wilderness Eco Cabins Hotel St. Marys, Tasmania Distance: 2339.3 km / 1453.6 mi
- Comfort Inn Alpers Lodge Hotel Newmarket, New Zealand Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Mount Richmond Lodge And Conference Centre Hotel Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 11 km / 6.8 mi
- Mainstay Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 9.3 km / 5.8 mi
- St Martins Waldorf Apartments Hotel Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Kiwi International Queen Street Hotel And Hostel Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Barrycourt Accommodation and Conference Center Hotel Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Quest On Mount Hotel Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Quest Auckland Hotel Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Duxton Hotel Auckland Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Quest Parnell Hotel Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Scenic Circle Airedale Hotel Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hyatt Regency Auckland Hotel Auckland, New Zealand Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi