Tanjung Rhu Resort Hotel, Langkawi
Reviews - Tanjung Rhu Resort Hotel
Read 619 additional reviews of Tanjung Rhu Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Langkawi
Historical Traveller Reviews of Tanjung Rhu Resort Hotel
Beautiful settingfrom Veryfussy
Fantastic hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Combined with four nights at the Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur - also a very good hotel.
Excellent value for moneyfrom alwaystravelling8
You must take the All Inclusive option, which includes almost everything, except alcoholic drinks, but even these were reasonably priced.
The food was very good at all the restaurants and compares well with the best restaurants and hotels around the world.
The service was good and the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Room service, however, could be very slow, with a wait of over an hour at busy times and the food was not hot when it arrived. It is better to eat in the restaurants, where the service was never slow.
The rooms are large. Unless you intend to entertain in your room or have children, the Bayu Suria and Bayu Senja rooms are excessively large, with two lounge areas. Nevertheless, if you require a sea view, you have to pay for the Bayu Senja room.
In some brochures the hotel is recommended for couples and honeymooners, but during our stay, there were many children of all ages and they tended to become bored and run around unsupervised when the parents were eating in the evenings.
Despite some reservations, we would recommend the hotel, which offers generally high standars and is exellent value when compared with the Four Seasons just along the coast and the Datai.
Not quite in the top bracketfrom hotel-snob-london
Terrific place....will get betterfrom FrankMarton
What did not meet expectations - Some small bumps but there nevertheless. Even thought I'd confirmed booking several times and even had long conversations with the staff about the construction on-site, the room was not ready upon arrival. Long hot trip and not being able to throw down the bags and collapse is never a great start. In addition, about the construction, its not only the new pool (and villa) area well off to one side of the resort but one of the restaurants is shut down and the actual units are being refurbished three at a time. Not an issue unless you're next door but if you are...LOUD. In fact several people were relocated to the Datai during our stay because they were booked into rooms near the construction and not informed.
What's great - the rooms, the food (better even than during our last trip there), the beach, the value, the view. What really makes the place is the staff. Even by Asian, top-class standards, they are terrific. Wonderful staff at the "rhu" restaurant and poolside. Very child friendly. They are feeling the heat from the new four seasons, hence all the new construction. Its a wonderful value for 5 stars but they will lose the deluxe crowd to the four seasons eventually because of added privacy. We took boat tours of the four seasons area and the place looks nice but the often mentioned cement plant is definitely smack in the middle of the view from the left side of the resort.
We've stayed at the rhu during 25 and 50% occupancy and I would advise checking this. Other returnees mentioned that one should never book if its higher than 75% and I agree. The resort is actually quite small and most of the action goes on near the main pool. More than 50% means quite a crowd in this one area.
Superbfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Best place in Langkawi by far !from Lordwizard
But otherwise, every other little thing here is like paradise!
-The Beach: the very best one in the whole island
-The Food: excellent
-People: so nice and gentle
-the Calm: even in high season, every thing is so quiet!!
Highly recommanded hotel
So relaxing!from nenek
A housekeeping lady babysat for us some nights, and we enjoyed dining at the various restaurants. The staff throughout the hotel are fantastic, unobtrusive, efficient and always friendly.
Can't imagine anyone not having a wonderful holiday here.
Top Local Tips for Langkawi
Sunburn Be very carefull not to lie out in the sun too long on you first few days without high factor sun cream.
great souvenir shop when it kuah town go to Tropical Living it offers great souvenirs from Bali Malaysia and other coutries, very good prices
Restaurants If going in the high season book the restaurants in advance by email so you will have a choice as they can get booked out.
Other names for Tanjung Rhu Resort Hotel
- tanjung rhu
- Address: Mukim Ayer Hangat - Langkawi - 07000 - Malaysia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Tanjung Rhu Resort Hotel
- Kampung Tok Senik Resort Langkawi Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 15.1 km / 9.4 mi
- Casa del Mar Langkawi Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 21.1 km / 13.1 mi
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 15.1 km / 9.4 mi
- Hotel Helang Langkawi Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 15 km / 9.3 mi
- Federal Villa Langkawi Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 15.1 km / 9.4 mi
- City Bayview Hotel Langkawi Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 15.1 km / 9.4 mi
- Pelangi Beach Resort Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 15.2 km / 9.4 mi
- Holiday Villa Langkawi Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 15.7 km / 9.7 mi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa Resort Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 15.7 km / 9.8 mi
- Four Seasons Langkawi Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Westin Langkawi Resort and Spa Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 17.5 km / 10.9 mi
- The Datai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 14.6 km / 9.1 mi
- Langkasuka Beach Resort Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 17.7 km / 11 mi
- Tanjung Sanctuary Langkawi Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 18.2 km / 11.3 mi
- The Andaman Datai Bay Langkawi Hotel Langkawi, Malaysia Distance: 16.8 km / 10.4 mi