The Federal Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Reviews - The Federal Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Read 257 additional reviews of The Federal Kuala Lumpur Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Federal Kuala Lumpur Hotel
A disgrace to the country!from andrew23
Arriving at 10pm, we were greeted by a very friendly doorman. That was good. The lobby looked OK although it did show signs of aging. Took the escalators up one floor and was greeted by some surly receptionist, and the front desk itself very disorganised. The keycard we received were old-fashioned, haven't seen those in ages (they were those with holes on them).
Took the elevator up to our floor and the horror was just about to begin. Upon exiting the lift, there was this lingering musty and disgusting smell in the air. The light fittings on the wall were about to fall apart. The carpets were dirty, the walls too. There were beds littered along the floor corridors.
Got into our room. It was spooky. Poor lighting. Dirty carpets again, unplesant smell, wardrobes that don't close properly, an ancient safe that didn't work, disgusting cups that I wouldn't let my dog use, the list just goes on. Oh, stained bedspreads!!! Ewww, yuck!!!
Did I say that I could not even take a decent shower? The water trcikled down, the hot and cold water did not mix and the bath tub was filthy. The toilet leaked too.
I was too tired to do anything that night, but I checked out early the next morning and moved to The Coronade.
The Federal was a grand hotel years ago and it's a real shame that it has not been upkept properly. As a Malaysian, I think it's a disgrace to the country because the hotel itself has been a very important piece of Malaysian history!
The Good, the Bad and the Uglyfrom ontheball
Excellent locationfrom JWTM
Cleanliness : *****
Restaurant : *****
Location : ***** (Bukit Bintang)
Toilet : ***
Bed : ***
Comfortable Roomfrom Georgiarose
Excellent hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We loved it very muchfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Do not visit herefrom TroubleandCheeky
The sockets for plugs were hanging off the wall and our phone cable was so badly damaged we could not call out or in. My parents however had a phone call from a tour operator at 7am one morning - in a different language.
The locality of the hotel is great - next to Jalan Sultan Ishmail, and Jalan Alor. It is easy to get to just off the momorail. Unfortunately this made our stay very noisy. The blackout curtain did not fit the window properly, so were were disturbed by flashing lights at night and early sun in the morning.
On the last morning after an OK breakfast (tastless fruit, soured milk) my parents sat next to the pool. The chairs have been stained with varnish which was wet and my parents had their clothes stained. The hotel finally offered to have them cleaned. We had to have them cleaned twice as the marks were there still. Even now they are still marked. There were no signs for the wet, damaging chairs. Just imagine if you were swimming and sat down on one. Your skin would be marked!
All in all, it was a very disapointing stay in the hotel, and we will not be going back.
Perfect Localityfrom Hervey
The Locality of the Hotel was perfect for shopping in Markets or Malls. Lots of bargains to be had. Resaurants are close and a good selection of meals.
ALL the staff were friendly, always spoke to my wife and I, the breakfasts were good, I found the swimming pool a little cold.
We would stay there again, loved China Town. Needed another suit case to come home.
Think this covers most things.
The Federal, KLfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Kuala Lumpur
STREET N NIGHT MARKETS!! HAGGLE HAGGLE BARGAIN BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................Cab drivers n street vendors r out to get you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they selling something for RM200....talk em' down to RM50!!!!!!!!!
1st class service with train to KLIA When departing for KLIA take a taxi to Sentral and check in on the train on the spot and have it all done with much less fuss than at the airport.
Chinatown A definite trip to China town is essential as well as a vist to the telecom tower.
Other names for The Federal Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- federal kuala lumpur
- federal hotel kuala lumpur
- Address: 35 Jalan Bukit Bintang - Kuala Lumpur - 55100 - Malaysia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Federal Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- Novotel Century Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Regent Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Capitol Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Berjaya Times Square Hotel & Conv Centre Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Swiss Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Coronade Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Melia Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- V La Court Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Citin Hotel Pudu Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Crowne Plaza Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Dorsett Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi