Prince Hotel and Residence, Kuala Lumpur
Reviews - Prince Hotel and Residence
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: Malaysia
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 525 additional reviews of Prince Hotel and Residence at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Historical Traveller Reviews of Prince Hotel and Residence
Excellent Service and Accomodationfrom RottweilerDog
Good Hotel, Mediocre Food!!from Longhorn123
The only drawback was the food. We had the executive breakfast at the exec. lounge which was very basic. Only some bread, danish, cereal and made to order eggs. The hotel coffee shop had an extensive breakfast buffet but that was not included in our rate as we had the executive room, which came with exec. breakfast. Also, we tried the dinner buffet once at the coffee shop for $19 p.p. Food was very bland and tasteless with almost no international variety (only malay cuisine).
Over all, a nice hotel with great accommodation and service.
Pampered at the Princefrom smum
Recent Decline in Quality and Servicefrom KLworker
Good place to stayfrom mtse
Convenient and reasonably pricedfrom petejigsaw
Being relatively new, the hotel has good rooms, facilities (including a stunning pool area with fabuloous views across the city) and a range of restaurants. It does though have only one bar, which is quite expensive, and doesn't offer any non-smoking spaces for people to choose to sit in.
The staff were freindly and attentive, despite problems at check-in.
All in all, a good hotel offering reasonable value for money.
Clean, comfortable and roomy - lovely staff.from AsiaLou
Our first room was amazing - two massive bedrooms, study, lounge, good kitchen and three bathrooms with curved windows looking onto the Petronas towers. The second time the rooms were large and clean but rather dark with only one window in the entire suite (looking on to Bukit Bintang though -great view!) My advice would be to anyone staying longer than three days to book a residential suite - one of the curving rooms! Great accomodation at a great price - and wonderful for families with young children because you actually have somewhere to sit and relax or eat at night whilst the children sleep in another room! I cannot fault the housekeeping or room service- always efficient and discreet.
having been to other hotels in KL I have seen how wonderful the Prince is in its public areas - lovely light and airy restaurants and meeting areas and spotlessly clean toilets with essential oil burners giving a classy feel.
Great location - really handy for downtown but also in one of the nicest and greenest areas of KL - close to the Craft Complex and lovely old houses with gardens and big old trees- and 10mins. from KLCC.
My only slight complaint would be the food. Though nice and generous buffets catering for many different tastes, the food is competent but not outstanding. (Great room service and really cheap.)
Overall a great place to stay, short or long term.
Highly Recommendedfrom criticTraveller
I Lurve This Hotel!!from MasCharmedOne
Very Nice Building, So-So Stafffrom xscream100
I had problems checking-in and especially checking out. When I checked out, the front desk clerk was really struggling with the concept that I wanted to settle my bill with cash and a credit card. It took him a couple of tries and some step by step instructions from me to get it right.
As for the conierge staff, they were incapable of handling anything but very simple tasks. They even refused to call the airport bus service for me because they claimed there was no such service. So, I had to call the bus company myself.
Perhaps the Prince doesn't pay well enough to attract veteran hotel workers.
I did get a great price on a single bedroom apartment through Expedia, which made for great value. It was odd that the same special was not available through the hotel's Web site.
Top Local Tips for Kuala Lumpur
Taxi from Airport to Hotel Go to the taxi stand after going throuhg security and once you have your luggage, ask for a taxi to your hotel you will be given a ticket, stand outside give this to any staff located outside and they will arrange the taxi to take you to your hotel. Really easy and only costs 20-30pounds.
Pavillion Shopping Centre Great place, but you could spend all your time there if you're not careful. Try the Fish Spa ! Novel experience. These fish nibble any dead skin on your feet. Very ticklish ! If you have a corn or two the fish love em !!!
getting around The hop-on-hop-off bus is a great way to see the city, make sure you get the early buses though. Due to heavy traffic during lunch time, you could find yourself waiting in traffic for hours.
Other names for Prince Hotel and Residence
- prince hotel residence
- prince hotel kuala lumpur
- kuala lumpur prince hotel
- Address: 4 Jalan County - Kuala Lumpur - 50450 - Malaysia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Prince Hotel and Residence
- JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Dorsett Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Crowne Plaza Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Hotel Equatorial Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Coronade Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Melia Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Capitol Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Regent Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Novotel Century Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Berjaya Times Square Hotel & Conv Centre Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Swiss Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi