Hotel Equatorial Kuala Lumpur
Reviews - Hotel Equatorial Kuala Lumpur
Read 356 additional reviews of Hotel Equatorial Kuala Lumpur at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel Equatorial Kuala Lumpur
good value for moneyfrom RAMY1
The hotel didnt look great from the outside but once in the hotel we found it to be very pleasant. In the evening the bar (in th lobby) is lit up and there is a chap playing the piano just outside in the reception which we found very relaxing. The drinks are expensive but think most peolpe expect this when staying in a half decent hotel.
We did have the breakfast and this was great no faults, other than the waiter pulling his face when we asked for eggs whilst looking at his watch.
The hotel is in a great position, you can get to most places within a 10-15 min walk. I was also 6 months pregnant at the time of our stay, so I was always tired, but found the walks ok.
Our room was on the 12th floor at the rear of the hotel and didnt have a great view other than the side of another hotel, so would recommend a room on the front of the hotel.
Our room was great, it was more then big enough with a huge king size bed and it was very comfortable, we both slept like logs. The shower was great as it was very powerfull and lovely and hot. No complaints about the room.
The only problems we encountered were mainly with the staff we didnt find them very friendly, not sure if this was because we were tourists and not business guests, as the hotel was full of suits, not a tourist in sight other than ourselves.
We were also shouted at!!!!! yes shouted at, when I was filming my husband standing next to the chappy playing the piana, and again in the lobby bar. We were then told that we could not take photos or use our camcorder in any of the pubic arears of the hotel.... How mad is that when your on holiday!!. When I complained to the reception they dismissed my complaint, in other words hotel policy, they mentioned something about business men not liking it.
So overall the hotel was very good other than the little incident with our camera, thus the reason for no pictures, but I would have felt happier staying at a hotel with a few more tourists.
Not that I have anything against suits, but I went on holiday to get away from the whole business thing.
Hope this helps.
Worth it!from Lenee
Stayed in July 2006
Booked a suite room and it was actually two bedrooms, combined into one.
Hotel staff are great.
Walk to train alittle far, probably ten minutes with uneven roads of Malaysia.
7-11, and food place within walking distance.
Excellent base for exploringfrom simsu66
The hotel is ideally situated and within 10 minutes walk of Petronas Towers, the KL tower, and Bikit Bintang with all its restaurants and shopping malls.
The hotel looks dated from the outside but inside it is modern and smartly decorated. Our room was spacious with a king size bed, and the air conditioning very efficient.
Like many large city centre hotels it lacked a bit of character but the staff were very helpful and efficient.
An excellent base for exploring KL.
great findfrom ATraveller11
In addition, the room was nice – very clean, nicely decorated, and looked newly refurbished.
The only very minor complaint I have was that the airconditioning was not cool enough, I had to have it on maximum speed and on the lowest temperature setting in order for it to be effective in cooling me down. For pool fans out there, which I am generally not when on holiday, the pool was a definite ‘no visit’. It was very small, and the pool area looked in need of a major refurbishment.
The buffet breakfast was good as well, although a tad pricey; there was a huge selection of foods to choose from. I liked the baked beans/sausage/egg combination that was part of the buffet spread.
The best thing about the hotel was the reasonably priced room, booked via Expedia. I thought it was a really good deal for what you get.
Not too bad.from ScottFive
Great Location, Lovely Hotelfrom ILzinho
The Monorail system in KL is great, the nearest station no more than a two minute walk away.
The Hotel itself is elegantly decorated, staff are very pleasant and are constantly smiling. Breakfast was excellent!
The rooms are spacious and very pleasant with marble bathrooms. The service generally in Malaysia is of a very high standard.
The only negative I can come up with is that if you're very particular about the room and are expecting a Four Seasons standard you will be dissapointed (if you're very particular!). I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the hotel and hope you will too.
Good stay at a good pricefrom Karena_Italy
The room was a little on the small side but certainly a lot bigger than most European hotels. The bed was quite comfy. There were good amenities in the bathroom. My only very minor complaint was that they had shower curtains and not shower screens... I don't like curtains at all unfortunately.
We arrived at the hotel after midnight and used the 24 hour room service. Food came quite promptly and I have to say that it was some of the best chips I've ever tasted!
All in all, would have no problem recommending this hotel to others.
Excellent hotelfrom Starshine#1
1. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable - the beds were the best out of all the hotels we stayed in this trip...and the pillows were "to die for"...
2. The lobby and restaurants are beautiful, and the breakfast excellent. We also got a free dinner through Hayes and Jarvis (stay 3 nights - get free dinner).
3. The staff were very helpful and friendly
4. Location was SUPERB!! Walking distance from the two main shopping areas - Bukit Bintang (Malls: Berjaya Times Square, Sungei Wang and Plaza Low Yat), and The Golden triangle (Malls: Suria KLCC). The monorail is also only 30 secs away for those who want air conditioning rather than the walk - and from there it was also easy to reach the Petaling Street market. I've stayed in many KL hotels and would certainly be returning to this one.
5. The Fitness Centre was excellent, and the pool small, but certainly good enough for the stay.
Not only that but the friend my husband and I were travelling with came a bit later and got an upgrade!!
Central Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The staff were helpful. It was in a fantastic location, not far from the Petronas Tower/ K L Tower and of course all the shopping.
We found the hotel reasonably priced. The people in Kuala Lumpur are friendly, we loved this city and wished we could have stayed longer.
After this first visit, we can not wait to come back and explore more of Malaysia.
Convenient, Everything You Need Hotelfrom lrmd
I would definitely recommend it, its location is good, very close to monorail station, within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Rooms were lovely, all the amenities travellers need. Staff were very helpful at reception.
As English people get a good rate of £ to the RM, I would recommend getting around by taxis, check the price before you get in. In the heat and humidity it is a lot easier.
Kuala Lumpur felt very safe and everyone speaks english which is helpful.
Top Local Tips for Kuala Lumpur
Taxi If you go to the taxi desk at KL airport (just after customs) you can book a return taxi for about 120RM. There is no way of getting conned and you pay up front. We did get a train last time we stayed but the train doesn't take you right up to the Golden Triangle, much easier, quicker and possibly cheaper to get a taxi the whole way. http://www.klia.com.my/index.php?ch=62&pg=138&ac=2683
Looking for something to do at night? Go to Luna Bar! Go to Luna Bar, located a stone's throw away from the KL Tower. It's possibly one of the best bars ever. There's a pool in the middle, comfortable lounge seats located around the pool with breath-taking views of the city, great views of the KL Tower and the Petronas Towers, and interesting drinks. A little expensive, but worth a visit...especially for tourists who want to have a good time!
Fun for the kids Check our the Times Square shopping complex, its not mentioned in many travel guides but it houses the first indoor theme park and will be a great way to keep the kids occupied.
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hotel Equatorial Kuala Lumpur
- Crowne Plaza Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Shangri la Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Prince Hotel and Residence Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Maya Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Grand Plaza Parkroyal Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Dorsett Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- The Coronade Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Capitol Hotel Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi