Ginger Goa Hotel, Panaji
Reviews - Ginger Goa Hotel
Read 266 additional reviews of Ginger Goa Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Panaji
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ginger Goa Hotel
worth spendingfrom djain9
Perfect Smart Basic Hotelfrom savantafox
Hotel is well located in Panaji. Not more than 20 minutes to the nearest beach.
Situated in a Good Area, with a few eating options besides the Hotel's restauarant & the Cafe Coffee Day located in the Hotel.
There's an awesome eating joint called DAILY BREAD just at a 5min walk from the Hotel. Great snacks at amazing low prices, hygenic as well. Good ambience.
Hotel has a LANDMARK store as well.
Rooms are clean and self sufficient. Each floor has a Bisleri water dispenser cum cooler. It also has a Iron Board & Iron for self use.
Staff of Ginger is very helpful.
Avoid dealing with the Travel agent in the Hotel - he is outsourced, and is a BIG thief. Asked for 350 bucks for a 20 minutes journey to Mapusa. Walk 5 min towards the main road and you'll get enough Private Cabs willing to go in 200 bucks.
Restaurant in Hotel has good combo meals, though we didn't have it. Smelt good, and quantity looked good. Breakfast menu is sad though, the buffet for which costs 120 bucks but very little options.
Other than that, great staying at Ginger for the 3rd time in 2 months.
Value for Moneyfrom Hunnyw
Great value for moneyfrom EDFWP
The rooms are very clean and have basic modern amenities.
Meals at the restaurant are tasty and adeaquate. Price is very affordable.
Overall, excellent value for what you pay.
Poor Servicesfrom DayaBangalore
Toilets are very badly designed for draining the waste water resulting in fllor always remaining wet.
The rooms are kept clean and tidy - that is the saving grace for many people to use this hotel.
Good rooms with pathetic servicesfrom Anandtoyou
The charges of room are reasonalbe and the rooms are also good, but the service that is provided by Hotel is pathetic. Looking at the service i am assured that next time i wont take the service of Ginger Hotel.
Early in the morining Breakfast is provided by hotel but that is charged, in break fast you can see many item on the dish name plate but as you open the bowl lid to you will see empty bowls, customers have to tell the kitchen people that items in bowl are finished then after waiting for 5 to 10 mins items are put in the bowls, you wont find plates and glasses for break fast and again you have to ask the kitchen people.
About the Travel desk i strongly recommand please dont take the service of Ginger Travel desk, Goa. He is there to make money not the serve the customers, he is pulling down the name of TATA group. He arranges package tours for customers and the package tour group people are not even bothered to wait for customers for 5 minutes, if you are late in any spot.
Hotel being operated by such a big group of India doenst have quality people to serve the customers. Even the Managers of Hotel dont have the courtesy to come and talk to customers in emergency.
I strongly recommand Please dont use the services of hotel. Hotel is good only for stay.
Small but neat rooms, but no service at all, gillettine charges during Christmasfrom IsaacKerala
I've tried to stay there in December 2008 during Christmas/New year time, but they hiked the fare to Rs.2,999/- which is absolutely killing. They are also trying to kill tourists in peak time like all other hotels in Goa. So, I've decided not to stay there.
Good Hotel Bad Servicesfrom Dhamaka
Never ever try the Travel Desk managed by Satish as he is speaks sweet poison and will contiously fall back on his words and commitments. Restaurant has hardly any menu to offer as mentioned on site and the rates are high as compared to the quality.
Good for stay in room only.
STRICT NO..NO.. for Travel Desk and Restaurant..
Ginger - GOA = Good overall experiencefrom DilipPune
It is very good for single Business Travel.
However since I had gone as a Tourist with Family members the cost of Rs 1300/- per person is on Higher side for double occupancy. I would expect the second person to charged only 400 to 500 Rs per day.
Somewhat decentfrom IndiaAdvisor
1. The price. Good value for money.
2. The staff, where accomodating as possible in compensation with their incomplete hotel.
1. The hotel is brand new. Though the finishings were not, untidy finishing. Construction at this hotel was not up to standard, especially after visiting their Nashik branch.
2. The rooms and bathroom is smaller than Nashik.
3. The kitchen was not in operation. No breakfast, though they have a Cafe Day, which has minimum options.
4. The location. The hotel is located in Pato Plaza in GOA, which is a new business area, though a sewer plant is close by and there is a really bad smell in the morning especially.
Top Local Tips for Panaji
Getting around in Panaji If travelling alone in Panaji, use the Motorcycle Taxis. Fast, inexpensive way to get around town.
Good Public transport Goa has good public transport. If one does not mind standing for short distance you can go anywhere at very low cost.
Good Rooms with Pathetic Services The Services provided by hotel. The Restaurant service, Travel Desk service are pathetic. They are their to make money. Breakfast charges are 118 per person but the served qualtity is limited everytime yo have tell the kitchen people to get the stuffs from kitchen and the seats available in resto are also limited. the Travel desl person is there to make money, he is giving pathetic service, he only knows how to pull money from customers. i strongly recommand pls dont use travel desk service. If you want any travel desk service 5 mins just walk from hotel there are many travel agents who can arrange the package tour for you at cheaper rates.
Other names for Ginger Goa Hotel
- hotel ginger goa
- ginger goa hotel panaji
- Address: Plot No. 37,38, SGO Complex, EDC, Pato, - Panaji - 403001 - India
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ginger Goa Hotel
- Hotel Golden Goa Panaji, India Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Nova Goa Panaji, India Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Park Plaza Panaji, India Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Phoenix Park Inn Resort Hotel Candolim, India Distance: 6 km / 3.8 mi
- Goa Marriott Resort Hotel Panaji, India Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Vista Do Rio Hotel Panjim, India Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Cidade De Goa Hotel Vainguinim Beach, India Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- Prainha Cottages By The Sea Hotel Dona Paula, India Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
- Aldeia Santa Rita Hotel Bardez, India Distance: 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort Hotel Bardez, India Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Whispering Palms Beach Resort Hotel Candolim, India Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- The Aguada Hermitage Hotel Bardez, India Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Taj Holiday Village Hotel Bardez, India Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Dona Alcina Resorts Hotel Candolim, India Distance: 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
- Bambolim Beach Resort Hotel Panjim, India Distance: 6.4 km / 4 mi