Shanti Home Hotel, New Delhi
Reviews - Shanti Home Hotel
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: Canada
- Traveller type: Young Couple
Read 480 additional reviews of Shanti Home Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New Delhi
Historical Traveller Reviews of Shanti Home Hotel
Simply the best - forget the restfrom alexisgringo
1) Service: the service is professional and totally client-oriented. If you feel like a three course meal at 5 in the morning, it will appear in the hands of a smiling and friendly employee. No problem however great it may seem, cannot be overcome. I overheard a client who was unsure of the tube stop direction. The solution? An employee offered to accompany her there! Pooja and Anand will tend to your EVERY request.
2) Cleanliness and Hygiene: the hotel is literally spotless. From the sheets to the seats on the rooftop terrace, everything is squeaky clean. Mosquito repellant plugs are provided and the whole place fumigated with incense to make sure that no unwanted visitors creep in. I am an obsessive over cleanliness where I stay. The Shanti Home Hotel won full points on this front and edged well beyond so called top-class hotels.
3) Quality: the food prepared is delicious. I dont mean that in a 'i've-been-living-off-street-meals-and-this-is-really-good' way. I mean that the chef (an unassuming genius called Adil) could win awards. He will make it his personal mission to satisfy your requirements, often going further than what the menu offers.
4) Facilities: I had the pleasure of inaugurating the steam and massage parlour. In keeping with the rest of the hotel, the service is professional, value-for-money, clean and deeply pleasing. There is a shared TV room with an enormous flatscreen, reflecting the family atmosphere that the hotel tries to create (and succeeds). Wireless internet connection is provided free and the connection is excellent. Take my word for it - this is a rarity in these parts of the world!!!
The list could continue for example, I have not begun to do justice to the friendliness of the staff and its owners, the way you arrive as a client and leave as a friend.
Ultimately, it is clear that the owners have sat down and worked out EXACTLY how to create the best value-for-money hotel possible. The fact that in many respects it also outclasses even the big five star names, makes this the hotel of choice in Delhi.
So where is the catch? You might complain that it is not bang in the centre of Delhi and that you dont have a flatscreen in your room. Fair points but the tube is nearby and frankly I didnt miss the in-room entertainment. You cant get it all but 99% out of 100% is not bad is it!!!!!
BIG thank you to everyone there. I have never written so effusively about a place and doubt I will again. Go there and see what I mean!!!!
A little gemfrom Holidaylad40
Communicated by email with this place a few times before my arrival and all emails were replied to. Driver met me at the airport as promised.
Upon arriving at guest house after midnight, was sat down and offered a chilled glass of juice (much appreciated).
Staff were super friendly, spoke good english, and room/bathroom were spacious and clean. Free internet was on offer.
This hotel is not 5 star with all the fancy trimmings, however you can get this in Delhi but expect to pay US$400 to $500 at some impersonal hotel. Breakfast was delicious and served up on the roof.
I really couldn't fault this place and if I ever visit mad/chaotic Delhi again, I would definitely stay here!
Charming hotel, excellent stafffrom marcschroeder
Fntastic like visiting friendsfrom LG1England
Shant Home = Our Home in Delhifrom Stephan_Vizag
Stephan, Roswitha and Little Simon
Over all the shanty home was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.
Blissful Calm in Chaotic Delhi!!from singasid
Highly Recommended!from loopy_louisa
Comfortable, Clean and Really Nicefrom madhatamerican
Top Local Tips for New Delhi
location look up BOTH Delhi and New Delhi as they are shown as different places
dirty delhi delhi is very dirty so is Agra, very polluted and congested. people are very nice,
akshardhaam go see this temple it can easily be the next wonder of the world
Other names for Shanti Home Hotel
- shanti home new delhi
- shanti home hotel new delhi
- Address: A-1/300 Janakpuri - New Delhi - 110058 - India