Taj Residency Hotel, Bangalore
Reviews - Taj Residency Hotel
Read 253 additional reviews of Taj Residency Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Bangalore
Historical Traveller Reviews of Taj Residency Hotel
Wondeful service, elegant rooms, but pricey!from 09876
That said, the hotel was charming. The location is central, near some of the major commercial areas and fairly close to the airport. Yet there's greenery around, and a nice lake.
The staff are gracious and personable and extremely helpful. The room and bathroom were smallish for the price, but comfortable, well appointed, and elegantly decorated. There was a big flat-screen TV on the wall.
Breakfast, included in the price, was a sumptuous buffet of western and Indian food, including some prepared to order. The quality was excellent. The coffee shop where it was served was also pleasant with some outdoor seating.
The only disappointment we had there was some chicken we ordered to take out: they provided tandoori instead of tikka, and not well made.
On the whole, it was a good stay. I'd happily go there again, but probably only when the prices are better. (Or if the company pays!) At about $200-250, it would have been excellent.
good business hotel, good hotel food.....from SugarWahine
Room service was excellent, fast and very tasty. Pool is small, but again as a business hotel, probably not a deal breaker.
Service as always with a Taj is very good.
Good Hotel in the heart of Bangalorefrom slinkyhippo
But for me what set this hotel apart from the rest was when I checked out and went to Bangalore airport, there was a gentlemen there to take care of my luggage and flights arrangements from the Taj hotel. This going the extra mile would mean that when I am next in Bangalore (probably in the next few months) I will be staying again at the Taj.
Excellent hotelfrom mickmajr
The main shopping area was less than 3k away, which had local craft shops and the more commercialised ones too. I have seen reports regarding travel times to the main IT offices being up to an hours during heavy traffic, I used to leave 20 minutes beforehand from the Hotel and I would be at the office on time, it never lasted anything beyond 20 minutes.
I would most certainly stay at this hotel again.
Taj Over-board.from yeppers1
::I'll start with the bad::
(1) Expect to have the consistent hammering and banging on the floor above you at all times. They have been completing their 2-week renovation plan for the top floors going on 3 weeks now. If you're looking to stay here anytime in 2006, please think twice. It seems that every other floor is being renovated and the banging goes on until 10 p.m. at night. Good luck with that one.
(2) Expect the service here to be so exhaustive and intrusive as to push you into submission. Everyone, at all time, that works for the hotel is constantly either trying to serve you or asking you about your day or how your stay is going. But not in a genuine way.. in a way that is formulaic and intrusive. On average, before you exit the hotel every morning you will have at least two people asking you probing questions. Of course, they're efforts are well intended, but, the persistency of such queries is truly over-board.
(3) The food is so-so. Often room service was brought luke warm, and got I sick on the food 3 times. I'm an experienced traveler - this is by far the most I've ever been sick on the road.
(1) The bar - althought I only went a couple times (maybe had I gone more this review would 've been more positive), it was a nice place with very good people and bartenders.
(2) The staff is genuinely trying to be good. I just think they are being misguided my management into being a little bit too overbaring.
(3) The accomodations are as good as I've seen. Nice bed, good bathroom.
(4) The gym is a 6 out of 10. Totally decent, but a little bit outdated and the gentlemen who tends to the gym apparently has been instructed by management to stand in the gym and stare for long and silent periods of time at you while you work out. A bit creepy. But you get used to it.
So - all in all. You can feel free to stay here for a few nights. Anything more than that - run... don't walk.
Given the length of my stay here was long - take my experience with a grain of salt. Hope this helps.
Fantastic Hotel, recently renovated.from ansumchoaklat
The bar, pool and gym in the hotel were very good.
Do not stay here...nightmare noise and roomsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I was shown to my room which was a single bed, then requested a new room and was told that this was a newly renevated room but the bath was grubby and the decor very dated, the brass bamboo style coffee table was the icing.
I was then shown a room which was actually renovated which was just acceptable. The duty manager then confessed that the check in clerk had been lying.
The noise of the traffic is overbearing with the door open and even with the door closed you can still hear the furiating honking.
I would never recommend anyone to stay there.
Good functional business hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
great foodfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Definate value for money-worth visiting over and over again
Nice place, noisy roomfrom emerald444
Top Local Tips for Bangalore
Public Transport Dont use it, you are signing your own death certificate, get a car and driver, dont tip more than 100Rps
new airport take at least 2 hours to go to the new airport
Day trip to Mysore Amazing Mysore Palace worths the 3 hours drive
Other names for Taj Residency Hotel
- taj residency hotel bangalore
- taj residency bangalore
- Address: 41/3 Mahatma Gandhi Road - Bangalore - 560 001 - India
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Taj Residency Hotel
- Royal Orchid Central Hotel Bangalore, India Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Oberoi Bangalore Hotel Bangalore, India Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Gateway Hotel On Residency Road Bangalore, India Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- The Taj West End Hotel Bangalore, India Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- Hotel Maurya Bangalore, India Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Hotel Chalukya Bangalore, India Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- Nilgiris Nest Hotel Bangalore, India Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Curzon Court Hotel Bangalore, India Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Raiin Tree Hotel Bangalore, India Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Hotel Ivory Tower Bangalore, India Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- The Richmond Hotel Bangalore, India Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- The Leela Palace Bangalore A Kempenski Hotel Bangalore, India Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Hotel Swagath Bangalore, India Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- Safina Hotels Bangalore, India Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Nahar's Heritage Hotel Bangalore, India Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi