Raffles Hotel Le Royal, Phnom Penh
Reviews - Raffles Hotel Le Royal
Read 435 additional reviews of Raffles Hotel Le Royal at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Phnom Penh
Historical Traveller Reviews of Raffles Hotel Le Royal
Beware CC fraudfrom TheSentinel
My complaints would be 1) $20 for in-room wireless internet 8 hours (extortionate) 2) Laundry and minibar outrageously expensive 3) Not telling you in advance about the additional taxes (for the record they are 10% on any price they quote) 4) taxi drivers try to offer taking you to places privately (ie trying to cut out the hotel) - they all did it.
like stepping back in timefrom KellyGigHarbor
A very indulgent experiencefrom ambermaine
Raffles is an oasis in the hot city of Phnom Penh. It has a wonderful colonial building, and every touch is pure luxury. The staff are well trained and nothing is too much trouble. Rooms are not particularly large, but very well appointed and beautifully maintained.
The grounds and two swimming pools are beautiful. We did not dine in the most expensive restaurant, as the menu offered was just too rich for our taste, but the more casual cafe served beautiful food, with an excellent level of service. Breakfasts were good too.
Phnom Penh is a very interesting city, and good to explore on foot and by tuk-tuk. The Foreign Correspondents Club (FCC) is a landmark worth visiting - again a colonial building with wonderful views across the Tonle Sap river. A great place to sip a drink and watch the world go by.
We would highly recommend Raffles Le Royal.
Step back in timefrom ABOYNE
Some tips: Hire a tuc tuc for the day, the driver will pick you up and drop you off wherever you want to go. Use American dollars wherever you go, don't exchange cash for local currency because you can't change it back again. Have passport photos taken before you go to Cambodia for your visa when you arrive at the airport, it saves a lot of time. We stayed in Seam Reap for 3 nights and Phenom Penh for 2 nights this is plenty of time to see everything. Visit Phuket at the end of a hectic trip to relax.
Raffles was wonderfulfrom hipeejay
We loved itfrom cervia
Rooms small but ok. Pool area wonderful. Wellness
very nice. Excellent massage. Very good buffet diner.
Would go there again at any time.
Raffles is a fantastic hotelfrom itrapnell
An Oasisfrom UKMandA
Poor service ruined a rather nice hotelfrom SDWanderlust
The service I recieved from the front desk was so horrible. It will take day to write of what happened to me. Has anyone heard of a 40 minutes checking in process? That was how long it took me to complete the checking in process. They also charged me for the postcards that were in the room. No where did they say they will charge for the postcards if used. I assume they were complementary as else where.
Give it a try if you are willing to deal with the poor service of the front desk.
Top Local Tips for Phnom Penh
Khmer architecture tours in PP This guided architectural tour was one of the highlights of my vacation in Southeast Asia. They specialize in modern architecture in Phnom Penh (not what visitors usually expect). The tour guide was an architecture student and her enthusiasm for the city really made the tour worthwhile. Highly recommended! Here's the website: http://www.ka-tours.org/
Foreign Correspondents Club Good food and service and particularly good ambiance
Russian Market Having been told about the markets, but not being much of a shopper I was a little reluctant to spend too much time in them. But after hearing rave reviews regarding the Russian Market we went there first. To be honest I don't know what the fuss is about it's cramped smelly and when someone bought a watch it had no battery and broke within 2 paces of the stall!! Now I know it wasn't the best of ideas to get a watch but when it was taken back to obtain a refund or a new watch we entered into a 10 minute verbal fight just to get an exchange :o( You got followed around a lot of the market by people chanting "Hey Mister" every third stall people tried to peddle dodgy DVDs that would not work back home and it was sooo hot in there I couldn't wait to leave. So onto Central market .... What a difference, light and airy with bargains galore, no hassle at all, the store holders were friendly in fact we like The Central Market so much we went back again!
Other names for Raffles Hotel Le Royal
- raffles hotel phnom penh
- Address: 92 Rukhak Vithei Daun Penh - Phnom Penh - Cambodia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Raffles Hotel Le Royal
- Sunway Hotel Phnom Penh Phnom Penh, Cambodia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh, Cambodia Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Holiday Villa Phnom Penh Hotel Phnom Penh, Cambodia Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- InterContinental Phnom Penh Hotel Phnom Penh, Cambodia Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Le Meridien Angkor Hotel Siem Reap, Cambodia Distance: 20.4 km / 12.7 mi
- Saigon Phuquoc Resort Hotel Phu Quoc, Vietnam Distance: 183.9 km / 114.2 mi
- Grand Mercure La Veranda Phu Quoc Hotel Phu Quoc, Vietnam Distance: 184.5 km / 114.7 mi
- Vinh Hung 1 Hotel Hoi An, Vietnam Distance: 194.6 km / 120.9 mi
- Van Loi Hotel Hoi An, Vietnam Distance: 604.1 km / 375.4 mi
- Angkor Sor Phoun Villa Siem Reap Hotel Siem Reap, Cambodia Distance: 233.2 km / 144.9 mi
- Dong Khanh International Hotel Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Distance: 210.9 km / 131 mi
- Caravelle Hotel Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Distance: 211 km / 131.1 mi
- IMS Empress Hotel Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Distance: 211.1 km / 131.2 mi
- Grand Hotel Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Distance: 211.5 km / 131.4 mi
- Duxton Hotel Saigon Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Distance: 211.9 km / 131.7 mi