Pensione Boutique Hotel, Melbourne
Reviews - Pensione Boutique Hotel
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: Australia
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 308 additional reviews of Pensione Boutique Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Melbourne
Historical Traveller Reviews of Pensione Boutique Hotel
Affordable Minimalismfrom Jo_au
Great Location, Reasonably Pricedfrom babytay
Firstly the location was excellent.. it is just a 4 minutes walk away from southern Cross Train Station (Spencer St Station), and from there you can take a shuttle bus to either Tullamarine Intl Airport or to Avalon Airport.
The hotel room was pretty small but the space was very well used. The linen and bedspreads were very clean.
the bathroom was TINY.. had a wierd design (due to space constraints) and of course there is NO bath tub, but that was fine..the bathroom door was designed in a strange way, it cannot be fully closed!!
my room was facing the main road but it was pretty quiet and i didn't have much noise problems at all.
Would definitely recommend it to my friends who want to stay comfortably but who are also cautious about their budgets!
Great Location plus value for moneyfrom lisachch
Close, but no cigarfrom Rillamyrilla
This is a functional hotel for those people who plan to only use the hotel to sleep and nothing more. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom is very small and water goes everywhere but there was lots of hot water and good shower pressure - always important! The customer service from staff was underwhelming and we felt this really let the hotel down in terms of friendliness, approachability, and going that extra customer service mile.
The website promises a cafe downstairs - this does not exist and the brochure we picked up at the hotel says 'opening mid 2008'.
If returning to Melbourne I would pay the extra $20-$30 per night for a hotel with greater facilities and better customer service.
Great find, great locationfrom mostunusualgurl
Cheap and Handyfrom redrosegarden
Cosy boutique Hotelfrom Oli1088
Cute and comfortablefrom kimmykak
We didn't notice any noise from the trams, I would imagine it would depend which side of the hotel you were staying. The only thing we noticed occassionally were people walking past our room, but there were only 6 rooms in our wing so that wasn't very often.
The location was fantastic, 10 min walk to Southbank and an easy 10-15 min walk to Bourke St Mall and Fed Square. As previously mentioned, trams and trains are also very close. There is a tram stop right outside the door.
Southern Cross terminal is also only a few mins walk away, which was handy for us since our flight left before the Skybus commenced hotel pick ups, we walked there easily.
The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. We wanted to check in early as we wanted a nap before our night out, so they even called us to let us know when our room was ready.
All in all, I can't fault this place for a convenient, clean, modernized and cheap place to stay in Melbourne.
Great value for moneyfrom itchyfeet61
Excellent value for moneyfrom MarshMadness
The rooms are clean & nicely decorated and have all the little extras you need to make your stay comfortable. The bathroom was small but very well designed to make the most of the space. The reception staff were friendly and very helpful. The free luggage storage was an added bonus.
My only little grumble would be the rumbling of the trams going past early in the morning. At least they don't run through the night though.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for people travelling on a budget but still seeking a little luxury.
Top Local Tips for Melbourne
NGV at Federation square Best Australian collection. Don't miss the Fred Williams painintgs and a small but exciting ceramics collection.
Trams Work out where it is you want to go and find the correct tram number, save you walking everywhere like us as we didn't research this. Buy a day trip ticket, very good value you can use this from the first tram in the morning until the last tram at night, also use this on trains and buses too. Cost AUD $6.90.
Cheap Parking Park at the Crown Casino, it was $6 dollars flat and short walk away from the hotel. So much cheaper than the other options.
Other names for Pensione Boutique Hotel
- pensione boutique hotel melbourne
- pensione boutique hotel
- Address: 16 Spencer St - Melbourne - Victoria - 3000 - Australia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Pensione Boutique Hotel
- Holiday Inn On Flinders Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Victoria
- Grand Hotel managed by Sofitel Melbourne, Victoria
- Quality Hotel Batman s Hill on Collins Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Highlander Apartments Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Clarion Suites Gateway Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Crown Towers Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Crown Promenade Hotel Southbank, Victoria Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Golden Tulip Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Ibis Little Bourke Street Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Quest On William Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Sebel Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Quest Fairfax House Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Best Western Atlantis Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Langham Hotel Melbourne Southbank, Victoria Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi